LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by miked1978:
I dont know what you are talking about. The Kyle Shanahan hire was a no brainer. Jed screwed up with the Tomsula and Kelly hiring but he's pretty much stayed out of it since. Not sure if there is anything else he could do nor i dont think you would want him to considering his track record,

If Kyle fails the blame should be squarely on Kyle. Jed made the right hire, gave him the keys and got the hell out of the way. Thats all we can ask for.,

Agreed. Jed made the right hire and it resulted in a SB appearance after a 3 year rebuild, which is all we can ask for. Besides some dumb tweets about how many miles he should run before the 2021 draft (hinting at which QB to take), he's been in the background signing checks like a good owner should do.
I dont know what you are talking about. The Kyle Shanahan hire was a no brainer. Jed screwed up with the Tomsula and Kelly hiring but he's pretty much stayed out of it since. Not sure if there is anything else he could do nor i dont think you would want him to considering his track record,

If Kyle fails the blame should be squarely on Kyle. Jed made the right hire, gave him the keys and got the hell out of the way. Thats all we can ask for.,

Oh I don't know......something about where the buck stops and such.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
It's not that easy.. You need a QB, if you can't get one.. then it's hard to succeed long term.

Kaep/Tomsula was the start of many disappointments for sure.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
John is great at interviews, much better than Baalke, Nolan, and McCloughan. Maybe send him to a party time executive job where he interacts with the media and they bring in a well qualified GM. Lynch can be executive VP of something and attend all of the PR events.

Can't help but like the guy. His record is better than Baalke and Nolan and pity that McC was a drunk.
Originally posted by thl408:
Agreed. Jed made the right hire and it resulted in a SB appearance after a 3 year rebuild, which is all we can ask for. Besides some dumb tweets about how many miles he should run before the 2021 draft (hinting at which QB to take), he's been in the background signing checks like a good owner should do.

Amazing result to be fair. I don't disagree with you as many of us were elated at the time of the hire. But just like Harbaugh will he be remembered if that is the high water mark and everything else is garbage? Lets hope he turns it back in the right direction.
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Originally posted by thl408:

Amazing result to be fair. I don't disagree with you as many of us were elated at the time of the hire. But just like Harbaugh will he be remembered if that is the high water mark and everything else is garbage? Lets hope he turns it back in the right direction.
you're acting like creating SB teams is so easy a caveman can do it lol
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
you're acting like creating SB teams is so easy a caveman can do it lol

Not my intention. Kyle is a genius and has created that. That will be forgotten unless he wins. Bill Walsh has not been forgotten.

Brady on the other hand.....
[ Edited by KeepRabbitsOut on Oct 21, 2021 at 4:42 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'd give Kyle and John until Trey's 4th year before thinking about firing them.

I don't think they are a pair.

Who goes first
Not a fan since he fired a winning coach, dude more about feelings than winning, wants a yes man who gonna grovel at his feet to sip wine and cavier with
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Not a fan since he fired a winning coach, dude more about feelings than winning, wants a yes man who gonna grovel at his feet to sip wine and cavier with

FACTS

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

I don't see Shanahan as a yes man. Especially after the way things went for him in Cleveland.
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
LOL. Ok, if not sell then move Jed to another project?

Personally I probably would do worse than him but some of the hires he has presided over can look pretty bad (in hind sight). And coupled with a poor winning record and an unhappy Santa Clara occupancy it won't take long for the plane with the banner to fire up again.

I mean going so close to win get the 6th Lombardi to having everything else look sour is a head shaker that is hard to overcome.

To me Jed has allowed a situation where Shanahan looks like he is acting like a desperate man that is losing the grip on the cart blanche power he was given.

Jed is out of his depth and hired a coach and GM out of their depth. Now the farm is sold for a future QB that is at odds with the win now mentality.

Is it any wonder it is hard to remain positive as Niner fan. I will still cheer and go to as many games as possible all the while knowing it will be a miracle if we go big again any time soon.

The thread could end here. 'Nough said.
reopen it when Jed starts making decisions again…
York is in a classic lose-lose situation.

If he fires Shanahan/Lynch (and he can't fire one and keep the other), he dooms the team for another 2-3 years minimum for the new regime to overhaul.

If he doesn't fire them he has to hope they have the mettle to turn this around with Lance.

Chances are he gives them through 2022 with Lance and judges it by that.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:
York is in a classic lose-lose situation.

If he fires Shanahan/Lynch (and he can't fire one and keep the other), he dooms the team for another 2-3 years minimum for the new regime to overhaul.

If he doesn't fire them he has to hope they have the mettle to turn this around with Lance.

Chances are he gives them through 2022 with Lance and judges it by that.

No playoffs in 2022 and he cleans house...
By the way just want to give a shout out to Jed for not saying anything not commenting not interfering not making things more complicated not leaking anything not doing any of that BS. So good job.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Oct 25, 2021 at 5:51 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone