LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 334 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Denise is more competent and certainly experienced than Jed. I would rather have her making the big decisions.

Strange thing to say since you have zero evidence to back it up.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Denise is more competent and certainly experienced than Jed. I would rather have her making the big decisions.

How is Jed "more experienced" than Denise in your mind? Being that Denise has run large corporations and investments for decades. Where as Jed is still fairly young in life at least. How is Jed more experienced at running complex organizations in your mind? Explain it?
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

How is Jed "more experienced" than Denise in your mind? Being that Denise has run large corporations and investments for decades. Where as Jed is still fairly young in life at least. How is Jed more experienced at running complex organizations in your mind? Explain it?

I would have thought the fact that Denise is old and is in charge of large corporations and investments speaks for itself that she is more experienced in running complex organizations. Hardly an irrational proposition.
Originally posted by Goatie:

I would have thought the fact that Denise is old and is in charge of large corporations and investments speaks for itself that she is more experienced in running complex organizations. Hardly an irrational proposition.

Yeah but didn't she also run the Pittsburgh Penguins? She cleaned house and won a Stanley Cup in the early 90's, she's proven she can win

I'm with you! If I'm a potential head coach and I get a phone call from Jed York, I'm thinking.....meh.

On the other hand, if Denise calls, I'm much more apt to listen and gain instant respect. Perhaps it's the DeBartolo name...perhaps it's the fact that she is indeed the OWNER of the team.

Knowing me, I'd ask Jed to put me on hold and patch me thru to your mom.
We need a ring before the real Niner fans fully accept this dude. He's a joke until then
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pete98146:

I'm with you! If I'm a potential head coach and I get a phone call from Jed York, I'm thinking.....meh.

On the other hand, if Denise calls, I'm much more apt to listen and gain instant respect. Perhaps it's the DeBartolo name...perhaps it's the fact that she is indeed the OWNER of the team.

Knowing me, I'd ask Jed to put me on hold and patch me thru to your mom.

"Hello, It Kyle Shanahan. Can I speak to your mommy please? That's a good boy."
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

You could say that of about 90% of sports owners and most never win anything or are hated by their fan bases for not knowing what they are doing.

You could say that of about 90% of sports owners and most never win anything or are hated by their fan bases for not knowing what they are doing.

She has won a championship as an owner .
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

She has won a championship as an owner .

Well, it is obvious we probably will never know who suggested either getting a headhunter to troubleshoot the organization or...Denise/Jed flat out hired Lynch personally to find out WTF was going wrong. My money is on Denise, and i bet anything she asked Lynch herself...sans headhunter.

The really neat thing is that once he told Denise/Jed what needed to be done to turn the franchise around, she then asked Lynch to fix it...after checking with Kyle first, who Jed had already hired. It could have been Jed just as easy, but i still bet on Denise. Both together are possible , too, but i think Denise , alone.

Whatever , it was an inspired selection, because of his NFL playing days, he knew ALL the NFL players, he knew all the owners, GMs, HCs, asst coaches, position coaches, as well as colleges HCs and college players. His TV analyst job brot him in contact with all those people thru the yrs, the guy is smart as a whip, is well spoken , and is instantly likable...kind of the antithesis of Baalke.

And as we have found out, very astute when it comes to judging talent. Sure he got taken in by Reuben, but how many here were agains that pick #2 for pick #3 PLUS pick #31(Reuben)? Not many and i sure as heck thot that was a knockout trade. Valuewise for us it was.

CHI made a bad pick as Trubs is turning out to be way different from college days. Could be the coaching, but CHI got screwed. We , however ate the weenie with Reuben who turned out to be a beater as well as a head case. First yr, early first mistake that wasn't recognized until yr 2, and then ...oh boy...it was bad.

Good lesson in that for our GM, and good thing it happened early and not much later on when he could make a horrendous mistake, After a period of time, it is apparent he has a terrific nose for talent, esp in later rds, where you can find really good cheap deals that are crazy talented.

I agree 100%.

never forget. York called it. we're going to be a championship team.

emotional stuff
Nah, it'll take several super bowls to make any positive remarks about the Yorks palatable. Much less, young York the Lesser's brain excretions.

Please, someone put him back on his leash and guide him back to his kennel. Let the football people do football, you concentrate on sitting in your cage and licking your arse.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Nov 1, 2019 at 6:50 PM ]
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Nah, it'll take several super bowls to make any positive remarks about the Yorks palatable. Much less, young York the Lesser's brain excretions.

Please, someone put him back on his leash and guide him back to his kennel. Let the football people do football, you concentrate on sitting in your cage and licking your arse.

watch the video.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

1 is good enough for me.
Share 49ersWebzone