LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Baalke's best wr drafted was Kyle Williams. A wr who muffed a punt.

If you cannot tell.. That Michigan team is a replica of the 49ers but created by Harbaugh.

You can do so much with that read option when you have the athletes. Keep the defenses thinking while the offense keeps scoring..

That Michigan team is the old 49ers in 2018 but Harbaugh's version with his recruits. I don't know what db in the country that will be able to defend those three when they will be on the field together.

Tarik Black is big but is fast as well for his size.. Being big just don't cut it in his offense.. You need to have size and speed..

We had a bunch of posession receivers.. No one to blow the top off of the defenses..

The big differences between the old 49ers and Michigan now is the receivers and the second defensive line with little drop off to no drop off, keeps that defensive line fresh in the 4th quarter.... I studied it very carefully.
No Bret Swainn(sp) i see
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Curlin:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I mean, we wanted kyle and he got us kyle.

Don't include me in the "we". Thanks

He hired the candidate most wanted and he hired one of if not the hottest candidate on the market at the time.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Curlin:
I mean, we wanted kyle and he got us kyle.

Don't include me in the "we". Thanks
lol touche. Who did you want anyways?

Most of us wanted McVay, including jed, but he blew it. Scared him away.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Oct 27, 2018 at 7:47 AM ]
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by wolfpack2192:
I will say this, the York's gave us Shanahan which is who we all wanted. Lynch was the wildcard but I think Shanahan had a hand in that. We all believed in Shanahan, and I haven't quit on him yet. I am willing to see him for 4 years at least, but man we gotta see something better next year. These first two years have been trash, but we had no QB in year .75 and lost him by year 1.2 so it's really hard to analyze all this. The QB is such a game changer on both sides of the ball it's nearly impossible to say where we would be if they aren't on the field.
The lack of a franchise QB can't justify going 1-14 without one.

I respectfully disagree with you sir. Bill Walsh was one of the greatest coaches this league has ever seen. He went 2-14 without one.

A franchise QB changes everything. We all witnessed just how much better this team became last year when Jimmy G. took the helm. He lifted the play of everyone around him. Even Carlos Hyde improved.

Look no further than Green Bay for another good example. After Rodgers was lost to injury, they were horrible.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I will say this, the York's gave us Shanahan which is who we all wanted. Lynch was the wildcard but I think Shanahan had a hand in that. We all believed in Shanahan, and I haven't quit on him yet. I am willing to see him for 4 years at least, but man we gotta see something better next year. These first two years have been trash, but we had no QB in year .75 and lost him by year 1.2 so it's really hard to analyze all this. The QB is such a game changer on both sides of the ball it's nearly impossible to say where we would be if they aren't on the field.

I respectfully disagree with you sir. Bill Walsh was one of the greatest coaches this league has ever seen. He went 2-14 without one.

A franchise QB changes everything. We all witnessed just how much better this team became last year when Jimmy G. took the helm. He lifted the play of everyone around him. Even Carlos Hyde improved.

Look no further than Green Bay for another good example. After Rodgers was lost to injury, they were horrible.
2017 Packers went 7-9

I doubt this team wins more than 2-3 games the way it's playing now.

2017 Packers went 7-9

Chip Kelly won 2 games with out a franchise QB and a worse roster .
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

2017 Packers went 7-9

One thing that I can say about our worse teams in recent memory (2004, 2005, 2007, 2015, 2016) is that ALL of those teams overachieved. The 2004 49ers should've been 0-16. I have no idea how the 2005 and 2007 49ers managed to win 9 games combined. For whatever reason, historically, our worse teams performed far above the level they were at, costing us precious draft position each time lol.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

2017 Packers went 7-9

Chip Kelly sucks...is that the comparison we want to KS?
  • evil
  • Veteran
2017 Packers went 7-9

2017 Packers had a more talented roster and only won 3 games without Rodgers.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

2017 Packers went 7-9

One thing that I can say about our worse teams in recent memory (2004, 2005, 2007, 2015, 2016) is that ALL of those teams overachieved. The 2004 49ers should've been 0-16. I have no idea how the 2005 and 2007 49ers managed to win 9 games combined. For whatever reason, historically, our worse teams performed far above the level they were at, costing us precious draft position each time lol.

Those teams didnt turn over the rock. Offense had to work for every inch. We had Gore to lean on. The coaching was mediocre, not horrible and the talent evaluation was light years ahead of what it is now.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 27, 2018 at 4:23 PM ]

Harbaugh curse
Record of 14-41 since he said we win with class and only hang championship banners. Hope he's having fun at games.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

2017 Packers went 7-9

Those teams didnt turn over the rock. Offense had to work for every inch. We had Gore to lean on. The coaching was mediocre, not horrible and the talent evaluation was light years ahead of what it is now.

Sounds right. Teams just beat the stuffing out of us back then lol, but we didn't beat ourselves with turnovers. Minus the Alex Smith's rookie year, I can't think of any season that was that horrible in terms of turnovers or bad tackling.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Record of 14-41 since he said we win with class and only hang championship banners. Hope he's having fun at games.

Jed is a funny guy no doubt.....
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by amir_tn80:

Jed is a funny guy no doubt.....
As long as people continue to shill out $$ to go to his stadium and buy his branding he will continue to not care.
Share 49ersWebzone