There are 230 users in the forums

Kaepernick our secret weapon

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Secret weapon like Nate Davis.
Wow, I don't see any comparison between Kaepernick and Nate Davis. CK set all sorts of college records. He's much faster, but more importantly, he's got a much different mindset. But, really, let's face it: Kaepernick, baring an injury to Smith, is not really going to play much this year. To me, the secret weapon will prove to be the fact that Alex Smith can throw long passes. He hasn't dialed them in yet, and they haven't called many of them yet, but when he gets on track with that part of his game, the Niners are going to be hell on wheels.
As others said we don't use him. So he can't be a secret weapon.
he's so secret that he never sees the field
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Is Kaepernick even a weapon??
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
i bet coaches lookin at our films think...wtf...how can we match the size of a three TE and NT at FB package and be able to cover two bad ass TEs, one who is a receiver.

They better figure it out because that formation is destroying teams.

Imagine if soap threw kaep a long pass. you know kaepernick would be single covered. my understanding is that soap has a whale of an arm. there is so much we could do.

He actually does. I was at the Dallas game, a few hours before kick off. Was there to see Dwight, but anyway while warming up he and another lineman were throwing the ball 60+ yards so high up in the air it was a joke. Like, it would take all my strength to do that, and they were what seemed to me like was a normal pass for them lol
So many damn wankers here that think they know it all, Kap can't do this, can't do that, secret weapon fer sure, no not sure.. Christ almighty give it a bloody rest. Smith is OUT OF HERE after his big season here which Harbaugh is hyping to the max to ease the transition for pretty boy as he enter free agency, to wit; "an elite QB", rightttt.

For the record, who here thinks Smith is an elite QB and don't frickin lie either - tell the truth if you can.

Who wants to lay $20 Smith is not playing for the Niners next year? 3 bets only, I'm poor, but life is hella good...!

Man=o=man youse guys make me laugh, or vomit, or some where in between...

BIG GAME... Destroy Big Blue, make em Black & BLue..NINERS!!
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Nov 11, 2011 at 3:30 AM ]
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
So many damn wankers here that think they know it all, Kap can't do this, can't do that, secret weapon fer sure, no not sure.. Christ almighty give it a bloody rest. Smith is OUT OF HERE after his big season here which Harbaugh is hyping to the max to ease the transition for pretty boy as he enter free agency, to wit; "an elite QB", rightttt.

For the record, who here thinks Smith is an elite QB and don't frickin lie either - tell the truth if you can.

Who wants to lay $20 Smith is not playing for the Niners next year? 3 bets only, I'm poor, but life is hella good...!

I'm more interested in what his price tag will look like. If he gives a hometown discount, I'd be happy to see him again in a 3 year, 12 million dollar deal. Enough time for Kap to develop and you don't break the bank. If he's 12-15 million a season, I'd hope that was in another uniform or in a single year franchise deal.
CK sure does rile up the insecure. They seem terrified that he might really mess up their lives by throwing a 40 yd pass on a line while on the run.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

I don't think Smith is an elite QB but he will be here next year, I'd be willing to take ALL 3 of your bets on that!!!

And 3 more if you want!!!

I wonder if Kap has shown any hands in practice...

Line him up as a receiver in the jumbo package and roll the protection to the opposite side of the field. Have VD and walker on opposite sides of the line with Staley checked in as an eligible receiver. At the start of the play, CK motions towards Alex preparing for a toss (similar to how we run the ball with Ginn) effectively creating a rollout for CK and a run/pass option. As the protection is now rolling with CK, Gore stays in to block anyone who might have knifed through the line, Staley blocks initially and does a 5 yard out for the check down option masking it as him running down the field for a block. While the TE (VD or DW) closest to CK runs a 10-15 yard curl for a mid level threat also trying to act like he is going to the second level for a block, the other TE on the far side of the line runs a seam route hoping that the safety has cheated up allowing him to go over the top of the D for the homerun option, and Alex runs a wheel route after the toss to the opposite side as another option... if no one follows he is alone on that side of the field.

Sounds overly complicated, but in essence its just a roll out by CK off a toss from Alex with short, mid and deep threats. If no one is open or the play does not develop correctly CK just continues to run and try to turn the corner or simply throw the ball away. It's a homerun play set up by successfully running the ball out of the jumbo package. If the defense doesn't give the right look, audible to a run with Gore and CK simply runs off the CB. After that, if the defense shows no respect for CK as a receiver (ie: no CB even lines up on CK once audibled to a run), there is a play action opportunity there for later in the game if needed.

Thats my prediction for the Skywalker... do it
[ Edited by 5280High on Nov 11, 2011 at 10:34 AM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:
I wonder if Kap has shown any hands in practice...

Line him up as a receiver in the jumbo package and roll the protection to the opposite side of the field. Have VD and walker on opposite sides of the line with Staley checked in as an eligible receiver. At the start of the play, CK motions towards Alex preparing for a toss (similar to how we run the ball with Ginn) effectively creating a rollout for CK and a run/pass option. As the protection is now rolling with CK, Gore stays in to block anyone who might have knifed through the line, Staley blocks initially and does a 5 yard out for the check down option masking it as him running down the field for a block. While the TE (VD or DW) closest to CK runs a 10-15 yard curl for a mid level threat also trying to act like he is going to the second level for a block, the other TE on the far side of the line runs a seam route hoping that the safety has cheated up allowing him to go over the top of the D for the homerun option, and Alex runs a wheel route after the toss to the opposite side as another option... if no one follows he is alone on that side of the field.

Sounds overly complicated, but in essence its just a roll out by CK off a toss from Alex with short, mid and deep threats. If no one is open or the play does not develop correctly CK just continues to run and try to turn the corner or simply throw the ball away. It's a homerun play set up by successfully running the ball out of the jumbo package. If the defense doesn't give the right look, audible to a run with Gore and CK simply runs off the CB. After that, if the defense shows no respect for CK as a receiver (ie: no CB even lines up on CK once audibled to a run), there is a play action opportunity there for later in the game if needed.

Thats my prediction for the Skywalker... do it

are you high?
Originally posted by Nuns:
I'm more interested in what his price tag will look like. If he gives a hometown discount, I'd be happy to see him again in a 3 year, 12 million dollar deal. Enough time for Kap to develop and you don't break the bank. If he's 12-15 million a season, I'd hope that was in another uniform or in a single year franchise deal.

The numbers don't compute. Are you saying that after a good season, a team would reward a player by cutting his pay? Isn't that sending the wrong message to the rest of the team even if the guy is willing to take it?
Originally posted by verb1der:
are you high?

Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by Nuns:

The numbers don't compute. Are you saying that after a good season, a team would reward a player by cutting his pay? Isn't that sending the wrong message to the rest of the team even if the guy is willing to take it?

It's just a really really bad projection. Alex is worth at least 9 million a year and could get more on the open market due to the lack of starting quality NFL QBs. He is playing like an elite QB right now and he is only going to get better + he's the perfect QB to run our team. It would be an insult to offer a guy like that 4 million per year.

Just a thought here guys, if Josh Johnson was our QB this year and he played exactly as Alex Smith is playing right now would you still want to just kick him to the curb after the season? If Kaep was producing like Smith is now would all of the fans who want Smith gone be calling for Kaep's head?
Share 49ersWebzone