LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Kaepernick our secret weapon

Shop Find 49ers gear online
PLEASE, no Fing around against the Giants!

Next Sunday is not the time for experiments. We've got to cut out the b******t for that game if we want to win.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
PLEASE, no Fing around against the Giants!

Next Sunday is not the time for experiments. We've got to cut out the b******t for that game if we want to win.

Well, a well-executed trick play can be huge in a tough game. But yeah, I really wanna win this.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
God just the image of this cracks me up.

which part....sop having a whale arm or sop throwing a pass to kaep
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
i bet coaches lookin at our films think...wtf...how can we match the size of a three TE and NT at FB package and be able to cover two bad ass TEs, one who is a receiver.

They better figure it out because that formation is destroying teams.

Imagine if soap threw kaep a long pass. you know kaepernick would be single covered. my understanding is that soap has a whale of an arm. there is so much we could do.

lol Teams would have to start watching the Waterboy when watching film on the niners.
I can picture a play where Alex & Kaep are both on the field, and Kaep lines up as a RB behind Smith, the ball is hiked...Smith pitches a HB toss to Kaep, then Smith runs a route, Kaep hits him wide open, Alex sees daylight, 60 yards TOUCHDOWN 49ers!!!!!! WHAT A BONANZA!!!
It will fail like that weird reverse play against the browns
Originally posted by verb1der:
I can picture a play where Alex & Kaep are both on the field, and Kaep lines up as a RB behind Smith, the ball is hiked...Smith pitches a HB toss to Kaep, then Smith runs a route, Kaep hits him wide open, Alex sees daylight, 60 yards TOUCHDOWN 49ers!!!!!! WHAT A BONANZA!!!

That would have to be the play of the year.
I'm hoping that we blow out some of our NFC west rivals so that Kaep can get some reps. I highly doubt that he gets in the NY Giants, Ravens, Steeler games.....Kaep weakness has been holding onto the ball too long, so I don't think he will play in those games.

BUT.....then again you never know with Harbaugh or Roman.
Those of us who went to to open training camp days remember there were QUITE A FEW plays that we're definitely designed for Colin's skillset, that he ran with the first team...so you're absolutely right.

Not to mention, as much as I support the absolute crap out of Alex and want him to stay, seeing Kaeps arm and the tight, quick balls he throws in person are really, REALLY impressive.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

who knows, just that kind of season, never thought Soap would catch a pass haha

Could be opposite positions? Kaep if taller and faster
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Could be opposite positions? Kaep if taller and faster

I was thinking that too, it makes more sense haha
I don't think it would be very smart to have our starting QB AND our backup QB considering both backups are rookies out on the field at the same time.

That's like having the President and the Vice President in the same location: NO backup if something bad happens.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't think it would be very smart to have our starting QB AND our backup QB considering both backups are rookies out on the field at the same time.

That's like having the President and the Vice President in the same location: NO backup if something bad happens.

In Tolzien we trust.
The best situation is for Kaep to come in on 2nd and short 3rd or short. Then depending on how they line up, either pitch/hand it to the RB or keep on a run and pass if the D bites, with one wr going deep and another coming across.
Share 49ersWebzone