There are 169 users in the forums

NFL season half over... what are your thoughts??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If singletary was still here, we would be 3-5 at best

God bless Jim Harbaugh!
Originally posted by five1oh:

God bless Jim Harbaugh!

this
I'm with Steve Young. In the second half, I'd like to see them just try opening up the passing game. It doesn't have to be this Sunday because the Giants really don't have a good run defense. I think the Niners can run on them all day. But at some point, I'd like to see them just let it go with Alex Smith and see what happens. If Alex Smith adds long range passes to his game, the Niners are going to really become a scary team. If they can develop more medium and long range pass plays before the season ends and execute them with any degree of success, they have a chance to go all the way this year. Crabtree and Edwards are very good wide outs and the tight ends are both freaks. The Niners can stretch the field with any of those guys. All they need is for Harbaugh and Roman to start calling them and for Alex Smith to start connecting on them.
Actually, if you look at the Giants defense, they like to play with three safeties in what they call a "big nickle." Running on that defense seems to be what to do, but I could also see the Niners testing those safeties to see if they can run with either of the Niner tight ends. I don't think any of them are as fast as Vernon Davis and I absolutely don't think any of them are as quick as Crabtree or Williams. We could see some throwing this Sunday.
Originally posted by five1oh:

God bless Jim Harbaugh!

We would be 1 - 7 AT BEST!....
Ecstatic to say the least. And redeemed against the Alex Smith haters. Not that Smith is playing lights out, but they REFUSED to accept the fact that our #1 issue was not Smith but bad coaching. Anyone with even a semblance of football understanding could see that the far bigger problems originated from the coaching personnel and not from Smith's play.
I would be satisfied with one playoff win.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Ecstatic to say the least. And redeemed against the Alex Smith haters. Not that Smith is playing lights out, but they REFUSED to accept the fact that our #1 issue was not Smith but bad coaching. Anyone with even a semblance of football understanding could see that the far bigger problems originated from the coaching personnel and not from Smith's play.
Originally posted by prime21:
I would be satisfied with one playoff win.

i think that's the most likely scenario
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Never thought this team would be 7-1 at this point. Love what Harbaugh and the entire coaching staff has done with this team. Props also to Jed York for hiring Harbaugh, Baalke, the coaching staff (big $$$$$), and doing the little things right (e.g. paying for the practice squad to travel with the team).

The D is dominant.
The offense is coming together with Harbaugh playing to the team's strengths, not it's weaknesses.
Our special teams have been a revelation. Nice work Coach Seely, Akers, and Andy Lee.

The division is pretty much ours and the Niners have some great matchups coming up to see how good they really are. Lovin' every minute of it!

Great post

Share 49ersWebzone