There are 237 users in the forums

NFL season half over... what are your thoughts??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We made strides from last year.
It feels great 7-1 were back!!!! GO NINERS!
If we don't go for the super bowl this year, when? The next five weeks will let us know exactly where we stand across the elite of the league, i think the Baltimore game is going to be very hard for us to win (east coast travel, Thursday game, no rest whatsoever and a tough team) but, we will beat the giants and steelers. If we do that, our chances of having home field advantage during the playoffs will be great and the organization must go All Inn this year, the super bowl run starts Sunday baby!

Go niners!!
I am sad. We can only watch the Niners for 11 more games.
Originally posted by Joecool:

i see what you did there
Well, I felt we would only go as far as our OL would take us. I figured it would take 10 maybe 8 games for the OL to be functional enough to protect our QB. I didn't make a W/L prediction, because i expected the O to hold us back. Actually I never even thot about the D, but knew we had a porous D backfield and that while we could stop the run, we couldn't stop the pass...hence a L against any team that had a qB with a pulse. After Saints then Texans in PS, i was right on track. Then the season started, and somehow, someway, the deletions of Nate, Baas, Heitman, Takeo...seemed to make a little difference. Then quietly, Aldon gets more playing time, Bowman takes over as high man on tackles, AD comes to life after a slow start, Carlos and Culliver from nowhere take off, Big Mac and Soap rip up OLs, the OL starts to function and the addition of Goodwin is a Godsend...Jeez, wouldn't you know it, the OL once again comes alive, alex gets protection, holes open up for Frank, our HC has basically outcoached every other opposing coach except one, and our 5 yr flop at QB now is leading the team. The difference? Coach Harbaugh. He made everything and everyone better. The guy has the same imagination he had at Stanford, but kept it under wraps the first two games. Since then, it has been all harbaugh , all the time. What has happened is that Coach Harbaugh has hijacked the nfl. We still have 3 tough games, and could conceivably lose all 3 (Giants, Steelers, Ravens) . Somehow tho, i see us winning 1, maybe even two of those, although all will be close. AFter that, we just have to see how much better we get toward seasons end to make a run at GB.
I think:
1: 7-1 YESS!!!!
2: 8 games to go. We had BETTER take care of the West. No slip ups.
3: Beat NY. This is the first step towards 13 wins.
4: Defense is GREAT
5: ST is GREAT
6: I think the offense hasn't hit anywhere NEAR its ceiling. The line is going to get better as the season goes along. I think we have been ahead of schedule on the D instalation and ST. However the running game was slow but unsuprisingly quick to catch up. With all the miracles we have sort of gotten unrealistic about the ability of the passing game to progress. The good news is that I think Smiths growing confidence and the fact that we've been revolving alot at receiver means we CAN get ALOT better. But we WILL DEFINATELY get somewhat better as the season progresses in the passing game.
My thoughts... hmmm...

As optimistic as I generally am, we have surpassed my expectations and then some. I always felt good about our defensive personnel... despite most of the offseason turnover... but the offense is the bigger surprise. I expected much more struggling in these first 8 weeks. I trusted in Alex, but did not expect the OL and scheming to be this good so quickly. The first few weeks on offense, we couldn't do much. That, I expected... but since week 3, we have been really efficient for such a new system.

... and I think that even despite a set-back or two along the way? We are gonna be even better late in the year... playoffs... and especially in years to come.

Rejoice my 49er brethren... the dark years ARE GONE !!!!

dude weak
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:

dude weak

count again.

my thought is I think the Niners and Green Bay are the two best teams in football and if they play in the NFC title game the winner should win the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:

dude weak

count again.
The only way we could play 11 games would be......
Just keep getting those W's!
I just wish we didn't put such a strain on Akers leg every game.
More TD's Less FG's, that would be pleasant to see.
We just cant seem to punch it in EVER.
I'm just pumped for the playoffs. Every year I get laughed at by my Dallas Cowboy fan friends, but not this year. They have kept their mouth shut for the most part. (Although they have popped off a time or two)
Share 49ersWebzone