There are 268 users in the forums

NFL season half over... what are your thoughts??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
we suck
7-1 feels pretty good. Didn't get blowouts we should've gotten but nonetheless a win is a win so as long as we keep +1 in that stat column every week, I'll ride the boat no matter how we do it.

Seemingly for our team, it's all about execution, whether it be a fancy double reverse to Ginn, or a simple Singletary-esque up the gut run with Gore, our players put their all into every play and that's what counts (and the W ).

So basically, as long as they keep winning, I keep bragging.
Had faith we could do it all along. Let's keep da pain train moving & da winning going. Go niners!
Originally posted by HessianDud:
This is a special season. It hasn't quite sunk in yet, it seems like it happened so fast, but all of a sudden we are back, we are for real, we are having a "cinderella" season and it has only just begun.

It's almost like a miracle. Just incredible.

Same here. Although I'm trying to absorb the excitement as much as I can, I feel like this season is FLYING by and that all of it just seems surreal.

I see the stats on paper (number one scoring D, top 5 RB, 2nd best record IN THE NFL!) but it still feels like it's not real.

GLAD THAT IT IS!

This success makes the painful LONG wait all the worth it. Really proud of this team and trying to just enjoy every game since the season is already half over (can't believe it).

As for the team itself, Harbaugh and company have made a believer out of a skeptic here.

Where as I used to wait for this team to find ways to lose the game, I now wait for them to find ways to win.

Faithful since '92

This!
Honestly i was expecting 4-4 at the halfway point...7-1 wow after 8 years of losing it feels weird even saying that...now i'm just bitter that we aren't undefeated...lol

i hate dallas
Never thought this team would be 7-1 at this point. Love what Harbaugh and the entire coaching staff has done with this team. Props also to Jed York for hiring Harbaugh, Baalke, the coaching staff (big $$$$$), and doing the little things right (e.g. paying for the practice squad to travel with the team).

The D is dominant.
The offense is coming together with Harbaugh playing to the team's strengths, not it's weaknesses.
Our special teams have been a revelation. Nice work Coach Seely, Akers, and Andy Lee.

The division is pretty much ours and the Niners have some great matchups coming up to see how good they really are. Lovin' every minute of it!
A). I didn't think 7-1. I thought 6-2 or 5-3

B). Baalke is very, very good. Start w/ getting JH. His picks in the draft. Letting mediocre players leave. [None of then are lighting it up anywhere -Spikes is till playing well], His FA pick-up have been fantastic. Akers was a diamond pick-up and Rogers has been excellent.

C).
Don't know why it posted

C). It is amazing what excellent coaching can do, JH is a leader with a brain and passion

D).
Originally posted by Rizvi49er:
Honestly i was expecting 4-4 at the halfway point...7-1 wow after 8 years of losing it feels weird even saying that...now i'm just bitter that we aren't undefeated...lol

i hate dallas

Yeah, the 1990s rivally with Dallas and Green Bay still remain with me too. I have the hatred for the Giants still because of the 1980s games especially when they broke Montana's back.

Last time

D). Fangio, Roman, Seely are excellent

F). Our Dis dynamit and we haven't even used our blitz packages yet

G). Our O is a work in progress - getting a little better every week.

H). Alex has improved and is also getting better.

I). Our WR need to get better and I feel that JH has held back like a good poker player.

Sorry about the format here. I'm not all that great on the computer
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
This is a special season. It hasn't quite sunk in yet, it seems like it happened so fast, but all of a sudden we are back, we are for real, we are having a "cinderella" season and it has only just begun.

It's almost like a miracle. Just incredible.

Same here. Although I'm trying to absorb the excitement as much as I can, I feel like this season is FLYING by and that all of it just seems surreal.

I see the stats on paper (number one scoring D, top 5 RB, 2nd best record IN THE NFL!) but it still feels like it's not real.

GLAD THAT IT IS!

This success makes the painful LONG wait all the worth it. Really proud of this team and trying to just enjoy every game since the season is already half over (can't believe it).

As for the team itself, Harbaugh and company have made a believer out of a skeptic here.

Where as I used to wait for this team to find ways to lose the game, I now wait for them to find ways to win.

Faithful since '92

couldn't agree more.
Originally posted by Marion:
1. Gore is not done. However, I feel as if Hunter needs a few more carries.
2. Baalke is legit. His draft picks hit as well as the free agents. Aldon, Cully, Hunter, Miller, Jones have all contributed. Costanzo, Gooden and others have been ST mainstays. Rogers has been the closest to a shutdown corner we've had in many years and how many points would we have without David "Automatic" Akers?
3. Coaching is legit. Franklin, Spikes, Clements and Baas left and we are actually better collectively.
4. Call it babysitting or whatever but Smith has given us a better chance than anyone else. Who would have imagined? Harbaalke has encouraged Alex and guess what? I am confident he will start hitting on some of the deep passes he has been missing on in the second half of the season.
5. Staff is competent. Our definition of physical is not running into a brick wall until it collapses. Our definition is versatility is going over, around, through or under. Also we have put our players in a position to contribute. Slants to guys built for the run after the catch.
6. Management made this all possible. I'll credit Jed for hiring our highest profile FA Jim Harbaugh. Without him none of this would have been possible.

All in all I am happy with the progress we have shown. I don't want to say super bowl but I believe we can be extremely dangerous in the playoffs when our coaches and player get caught up from the lack of a offseason. Our formula really is to hit people in the mouth this year.

I will double back up that in the NFC West games (hoping or expecting to win) the combo of
Dixon and Hunter should be used giving much needed rest to Frank for dare I say it, "the post season."

Frank has never played in a play off game, and rarely plays all season without an injury since his running style is so brutal. Let Hunter and Dixon give him a repriecve and see how they do.

Also big props to the coahes for makeing half time adjustments, something I have not seen in years.
here is my thought, in the offseason all i heard was how fangios D gets worse each year hes there, it must be true, cus we #1 now (in ppg) so theres nowhere to go but down
We are 7-1 but should be 8-0 ..we should have NEVER given up that big play in overtime ..hell, we should have NEVER made it to overtime

But it's halfway through the season, and we are sitting pretty ..but what I never want to see again is OTHER FANS COMING TO THE STICK AND DROWNING OUT OUR CROWD .....if that happens AGAIN on Sunday I'm sure I'm not going to be the only one disgusted in the lame ass fans that got punked out by the Cowboy fans ...If we have some true fans, they wont sell their tickets to Giants fans and let that happen again
Share 49ersWebzone