LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Do you think that Aldon Smith can be a 20 sack Guy.?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you think that Aldon Smith can be a 20 sack Guy.?

He has 14 now and two games yet to play. St. Louis looks like a place where he could pad his stats.
Are you talking about in one game? Seriously, the kid was either on Rthlesbirger, nailing him, or on 3 and a half occasions, sacking him(one called back because of penalty), and he caused a fumble with the one sack that Justin grabbed. Aldon, "el condor no pasa", is not sensational , nor fantastic. He is frigging unbelieveable. Unstoppable. And the double team didn't work because he went around one and over the other, to lay out Rothlisberger. Wow, just wow. If this was the Rams, that's one thng, but this was prime time against the steelers....in the dark.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
who is that?

Moran Norris

Oh then no.

But Aldon may get 20 sacks in a few years. I will be happy when this kid breaks 12 as a rookie. Progress every year, he is definitely talented.

Well you must be super happy, 13! Yes just has to keep working on his game.
Does anyone have a replay of the sack and fumble, Aldon took ben off his feet this guy is unbelievable best draft pic in a long time
i think he has a double digit floor every year. those are HOF numbers
Do we still believe he can be a 20 sack guy?
he's got 21 total in his carreer. can he do that in a single season?
Originally posted by 49faithful_sik:
Do we still believe he can be a 20 sack guy?
he's got 21 total in his carreer. can he do that in a single season?

13 sacks in 8 games is possible. Not probable though.

We are going to play some pass heavy teams, but the QBs get the ball out fast.

He needs to feast on JAy Cutler vs. Rachel on the interior of Chicago's defense with that stunt.

Also, we get Arizona one more time.
I don't think he'll get 13 sacks in 8 games.
BUT it is possible.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
well we do play the Cardinals again(last in sacks allowed), Bears(30th in sacks allowed), Rams(28th in sacks allowed) so those games could be very much of "stat padding" variety. then New England and Miami are 13th and 14th in sacks allowed with New Orleans coming in at 7th.

I wouldn't be surprised if Aldon gets a sack a game for the rest of the season.
Originally posted by sfout:

I wouldn't be surprised if Aldon gets a sack a game for the rest of the season.

i would be quite happy with that.

With the way his off the field issues are going he's much more likely to buy a 20 sack then to get 20 sacks....
As long as he doesn't get jumped on t**tter
Probably not. But he can get 15 a year or so. And that's better than what we have had around here for a long time.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Aldon is a freak, no way he doesn't get 20.
Aldon is a freak, but he will come up just short of 20 sacks this season. If not for he sacks being taken away because of penalties during the season he will have had over 20.
Share 49ersWebzone