LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Are the 49ers are going to wear throw back uniforms this year if yes when?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

nice.
They need to go back to these:

Sickest white uni's ive ever seen.
Originally posted by 9erVillian:
They need to go back to these:

Sickest white uni's ive ever seen.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d81f40cb9/Top-Ten-Uniforms-49ers-of-the-80s

I thought I was the only who hated the 94 unis, adding black was horrible.

I wouldn't mind seeing these 1956 throwbacks!
  • hps49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AirJordanXI:
MNF Vs. Steelers

YES.. they will come out on Monday NIGHT!
Originally posted by FaithInJH:
Originally posted by YungAce:
need these

THIS. The '94 jersery's were clean as f**k.

Agreed 100%. If they switched to these full time starting today I would be completely good with it.
Originally posted by bigmur49:
need these

Agreed 100%. If they switched to these full time starting today I would be completely good with it.

1994 CRACKIN!
Originally posted by bigmur49:
need these

Same here.
Those waaay back throwbacks are absolutely hideous for every team and our waaaay backs are no different. Grey helmet? Why? Our uniforms are actually unique to the other teams...why even mess with that?

The only thing I could get on board with is the white pants...but even then...

Originally posted by gamechanger:

I wouldn't mind seeing these 1956 throwbacks!

Not bad, but now we're approaching KC Chiefs (or originally, Dallas Texans lol) territory (yes I know the Texans/Chiefs came out later than the Niners, my point is that the above is IMO not distinctive and recognizably "49ers" enough to fans of ther teams)...IMO a true way back throwback from the 40's or early 50's should probably be saved for either the 49er's 75th "diamond" anniversary (2021) or the NFL's 100th anniversary (2019), just like the way all the original AFL teams wore their inaugural year unis in 2009. In the meantime, (and to better prepare/educate both younger Niner fans and other teams' fans not familiar with our history) I'd be content with a "fauxback" that combines the best elements (IMO 1955, 1962 and 1994) of the team's past unis (but is distinct from the 1980's and current red and gold look)
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Nov 3, 2011 at 6:32 AM ]
Not bad, but now we're approaching KC Chiefs (or originally, Dallas Texans lol) territory (yes I know the Texans/Chiefs came out later than the Niners, my point is that the above is IMO not distinctive and recognizably "49ers" enough to fans of ther teams)...IMO a true way back throwback from the 40's or early 50's should probably be saved for either the 49er's 75th "diamond" anniversary (2021) or the NFL's 100th anniversary (2019), just like the way all the original AFL teams wore their inaugural year unis in 2009. In the meantime, (and to better prepare/educate both younger Niner fans and other teams' fans not familiar with our history) I'd be content with a "fauxback" that combines the best elements (IMO 1955, 1962 and 1994) of the team's past unis (but is distinct from the 1980's and current red and gold look)

Look at everyone else's throwbacks, the point is to bring back what they wore back in the day regardless of color scheme (i.e. Broncos, eagles, packers). So it's not going to be recognizable as much as the 94 unis, IMO it gives us more history about the team and how there unis evolved.
silver are gross
lets wear whatever jerseys/colors/throwbacks continue to win us games
Look at everyone else's throwbacks, the point is to bring back what they wore back in the day regardless of color scheme (i.e. Broncos, eagles, packers). So it's not going to be recognizable as much as the 94 unis, IMO it gives us more history about the team and how there unis evolved.

I'm not disagreeing with you about the point of throwbacks, I just feel the very earliest/unique/unrecognizably "49ers" past unis should be reserved for special anniversary years like I stated. All other years, a more palatable and stylish throwback/fauxback/alternate that still preserves a recognizably 49ers look should be used.
Share 49ersWebzone