There are 220 users in the forums

Are the 49ers are going to wear throw back uniforms this year if yes when?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Originally posted by verb1der:
yeah same here, "throwbacks" shouldn't be limited to the last 20 years or so, how bout throw it all the way back, like the Packers, and Broncos

There is a reason why most NFL teams don't "throw it way back"...and that reason is provided in those two pictures you posted.

Please..no more throwback jerseys, ours are fine the way they are, if anything rock the all whites, if anything.

lol, sometimes ugly unis are inspiring to a team, believe it or not, the Broncos beat the Patriots the day they wore these unis. It distracts the opposing teams mentality, and leads them to believe they're playing a completely different team that they've taken a whole week to prepare for.
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
yeah same here, "throwbacks" shouldn't be limited to the last 20 years or so, how bout throw it all the way back, like the Packers, and Broncos

There is a reason why most NFL teams don't "throw it way back"...and that reason is provided in those two pictures you posted.

Please..no more throwback jerseys, ours are fine the way they are, if anything rock the all whites, if anything.

lol, sometimes ugly unis are inspiring to a team, believe it or not, the Broncos beat the Patriots the day they wore these unis. It distracts the opposing teams mentality, and leads them to believe they're playing a completely different team that they've taken a whole week to prepare for.

Those unis are pretty ugly, but there's just something about the old-school-ness that makes it cool. I like the fact that teams can wear throwbacks.
Originally posted by Envy:

Although unlikely I would love to see the all white selection one more time. Look how slick that is

Hideous! I never want to see these or anything like the 94 uniforms again! Btw isn't ther a thread on this already? Anyways I would love to see a throwback to the way back with those silver helmets etc.. Not a throwback to something we did one year. I loved that season but cursed those uniforms every darn game!!
mention of ugly throwback/alternates cannot be discussed without the following:

Originally posted by TimeBandit:
Originally posted by Envy:

Although unlikely I would love to see the all white selection one more time. Look how slick that is

Hideous! I never want to see these or anything like the 94 uniforms again! Btw isn't ther a thread on this already? Anyways I would love to see a throwback to the way back with those silver helmets etc.. Not a throwback to something we did one year. I loved that season but cursed those uniforms every darn game!!

this is the 1996 50th anniversary uniform (patch on the chest gives it away)...though based and influenced by the '94 throwbacks, the '96 version was distinct from it....

1996:

1994:

• kray28
  • Veteran
Let's face it....those "throwbacks" might better be described as "throwups".

Ugly as sin.

Why?

(I'm talking about the non-49ers throwbacks)

Our mid-90s throwbacks were effin' awesome. I loved our look from 1996 on.....it was fine when we switched back to gold pants in 1998. Those unis were the best looking in the league.

To be clear, I wouldn't mind the Early 60s Silver Helmet/White Pants look for us though...
[ Edited by kray28 on Nov 2, 2011 at 6:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
gamechanger's awesome designs (based on the 1955/1994 throwback (home red) and 1962-63 throwback (road whites):

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/136657-new-alt-uniforms/page54/

My weaker designs :

I like the 62 whites
Originally posted by YungAce:
need these

THIS. The '94 jersery's were clean as f**k.

I would love to see something completely new based off the silver real bad. I was thinking a dull grey pretty light for the jerseys and pants with red and black stripes thick. Three stripes on the arms black red black. Sheild logo in center of the stripes on sleaves. Black numbers red outline. Silver helmets with think strips black red black stripes with the prospecter shootin the guns logos!:-). Black belts black and red shoes, black socks. Could someone try doin that? What I'm seeing looks bad ass!
Originally posted by 60sfan:
gamechanger's awesome designs (based on the 1955/1994 throwback (home red) and 1962-63 throwback (road whites):

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/136657-new-alt-uniforms/page54/

My weaker designs :

I like the 62 whites
yeah i'll be honest these look pretty good i would like to see at least one of these on the field at some point

These should be worn whenever we play Dallas:

= Cowboy's kryptonite...
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
These should be worn whenever we play Dallas:

= Cowboy's kryptonite...

Lovin these, looks a little Ohio state-ish though
Originally posted by VA49er:

I miss the striped socks. The huge pant stripe. The borderless logo. The uniforms of champions.

Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by VA49er:

I miss the striped socks. The huge pant stripe. The borderless logo. The uniforms of champions.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d81f40cb9/Top-Ten-Uniforms-49ers-of-the-80s
Share 49ersWebzone