LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Which station do you like for 49er news KNBR (1050) or 95.7 the game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FourNine49:
95.7 for sure

Brandon Tierney and Eric Davis have hands down the best show

Yup. Tierney never fails to crack me up.
95.7 is way better.Plus no Gary to listen to!!
Seriously they are still talking about baseball. KNBR sucks.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
95.7 and it's not even close

Originally posted by NinerGM:
It's better than Gary Radnitch's long diatribes on pop culture that doesn't have anything to do with sports.

I hate Gary radnich he thinks he's funny and tries too hard to be cool while hiding is abnormal hand with paper.
[ Edited by gamechanger on Nov 1, 2011 at 8:16 AM ]
I started to listen to The Game from early on... At first they were very RAIDER heavy but since have come around with the 49ers winning. I still flip back and forth but I really like the Games format better. The commercials though, are pretty stupid.
Ha ha, 95.7 is talking baseball right now.
Originally posted by gamechanger:
I hate Gary radnich he thinks he's funny and tries too hard to be cool while hiding is abnormal hand with paper.

is that (GR) who they are talking about on that 95.7 commercial when the old AM radio voice say's "cracka be ignant"? LMAO
Man, I can't keep up with the podcasts on 95.7. A lot of good football voices always on.
Does anyone remember the interview that Jed york did on knbr, saying that the NFC west is scared of the niners? Who was the guy that started luaghing at Jed?
[ Edited by mike9er on Nov 1, 2011 at 9:52 PM ]

Originally posted by Whomeam:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
95.7 for sure

Brandon Tierney and Eric Davis have hands down the best show

Yup. Tierney never fails to crack me up.

Tierney's east coast attitude and Davis' NFL experience create a great clash of personalities. Their debates are great and it's only a matter of time that they get as many, if not more, regular guests on the show the way KNBR does. Tierney is an excellent host and Davis does the color commentary for the Niners. You can't have a better duo

btw... I called in one time to disagree on one of Tierney's rants about the Niners needing to win pretty, and when I hung up, Tierney was speechless and said something like "Wow I guess I'm wrong."
[ Edited by FourNine49 on Nov 2, 2011 at 12:56 AM ]
Interesting thread. I live in England, so because of the time difference I rarely get to stream live, but I do download all of the podcasts from both stations and listen to them at work the following day. So I roll with both with no adverts which is the best way to go about it! Albeit a day behind LOL!
(The whole KNBR v The Game is something that has really become apparent of late!) Have done this for KNBR for a few years now and "The Game" is a welcome addition to my daily life, it saves having to listen to pod vader's east coast bias ESPN podcasts which can get very very tiresome. May as well be called the Patriots and New York daily as opposed to Football daily, which is a shame, because Ross Tucker can be a real cool dude to listen to at times.

Anyway, KNBR have stepped up their game of late following The Game's arrival. All this Insider and Exclusive crap is a load of whack though. It's like watching two kids argue on the internet watching the twitter feeds and the odd advert I catch when they make it into the podcasts!! DBruce had a rant about it a week or two ago, it's all BS which I totally agree with.

KNBR also didn't put up any podcasts online for about 8 weeks, so The Game was all I had for that time, so I got to know a lot of the voices there reasonably well over that time, which was good, but still disappointing from KNBR.

One thing I don't like from both stations now and I've only noticed it since The Game's arrival, is there's now too much Raiders coverage. Screw them. I choose to listen to San Francisco sports radio, not Oakland or LA sports radio!!! Also, I'm not sure how anybody listens to "Football Hour" with Romo and Stubblefield on the game. They sound juiced just doing that and where's Romo's loyalty, he almost seems to refuse to even acknowledge the 49ers, he's all Raiders, Raiders, Raiders! Hey Romo, who drafted you? Where did you spend most of your career????

I email and tweet DBruce regularly, so if you hear Brian The English that's me. Would like to try and hear a whole show from Murph and Mac if they were available on iTunes like the DBruce shows, only ever catch the interviews they do.... Just out of interest like.

Also, KNBR folks often tweet me back, other than Dibley and one from the generic account once, I haven't ever got anything back from the games accounts.
Originally posted by mike9er:
Does anyone remember the interview that Jed york did on knbr, saying that the NFC west is scared of the niners? Who was the guy that started luaghing at Jed?

i think that was damon bruce, he's horrible
The Razor and Mr. T really pi$$ed me off yesterday. I look forward to Steve Young's weekly take on the Niners more than any other pundit/expert. They have him on for nearly 25 minutes commercial free every Wednesday at 5:00 PM. Yesterday they spent over twenty minutes on how Stewart Scott annoyed Ralph and the frigging fat a$$ Ryan brothers. At about 5:25 they say, "Hey Steve, real quick before you leave, what about the Niners?" Simply inexcusable IMO.
Originally posted by Yunchang:
I like 95.7

This but they talk WAY too much Raiders and I can't stand Eric Davis...even as a player. LOL
Share 49ersWebzone