LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

I knew we were good on Special Teams, but . . . .

Shop Find 49ers gear online
By The Numbers: 1 and 1—The 49ers are first in the league with seven punt returns of 20 yards or more and first in the league in kickoff return average with 30.9 yards per return.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=teamreports-2011-nfl-sfo

That's a pretty legit argument that Ginn is the best returner in the league, despite the Hester hype.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
By The Numbers: 1 and 1—The 49ers are first in the league with seven punt returns of 20 yards or more and first in the league in kickoff return average with 30.9 yards per return.

That's a pretty legit argument that Ginn is the best returner in the league, despite the Hester hype.

So I guess the other 49ers on the field are there for window dressing?

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 28, 2011 at 10:02 AM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Of course not, my apologies. Lots of credit to the whole ST unit. It reflects well on the blockers and the return man both.

Of course not, my apologies. Lots of credit to the whole ST unit. It reflects well on the blockers and the return man both.

In my personal opinion, Gin is a very good and fast return man. However, he isn't particularly strong or quick. I would tak Hester or Cribbs over him all day, every day. I think those guys would go beast mode on our team. Either way, I'm very happy.

It reflects our special teams coach, who is reported to be the best in the business.

[ Edited by ObePwnD on Oct 28, 2011 at 10:27 AM ]
Brad Seely is deserving of most the credit. He was a mostly unheralded coaching hire with all the other names brought in.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Don't forget John York who promoted Jed York to president who hired Baalke, who hired Harbaugh who hired Seely who kept Ginn as the return man
People just do not realize how important field position can be. Ginn has given us so much good field position this year and by Akers booting the ball out of the endzone and Andy Lee doing what he always done since day one punting the ball if we go three and out we have been fortunate. Getting the ball at our own 35-40 means all we got to do is go 30-35 yards to get in decent scoring range (note Akers can boot 50+ yarders with ease). Of course we are going for the endzone each time but that is huge for us. Just think how good our coverage has been with only 2-3 weeks of practice due to lockout and how good they became overtime since they gave up the PR for a TD against New Orleans the first pre season game. If you look at the 2006 Bears that team made the Superbowl by running the ball effectively (Thomas Jones - Frank Gore), Playing great defense while having great leaders (Urlacher/Briggs - Willis/Bowman), and an outstanding return game (Hester - Ginn). The only problem they had was Rex turning the ball over at QB. I believe we can do this guys but its just a matter of faith and playing/concentrating on one game at a time.
It pissed me off when people would say, "Cut Ginn, just stick Kyle Williams or Phillip Adams back there".
How could anyone forget the Dark Ages with Arnaz Battle and Delanie Walker returning punts and kickoffs?
We had the LOWEST return average in the entire league! Not to mention, game-changing fumbles on returns
like Phillip Adams backbreaking fumble against New Orleans last year.

Now we're number one in the entire freakin league. Ginn is the man.
Yep agreed.....hope we can get a ST TD on the Browns come Sunday.....

Originally posted by Psinex:
It pissed me off when people would say, "Cut Ginn, just stick Kyle Williams or Phillip Adams back there".
How could anyone forget the Dark Ages with Arnaz Battle and Delanie Walker returning punts and kickoffs?
We had the LOWEST return average in the entire league! Not to mention, game-changing fumbles on returns
like Phillip Adams backbreaking fumble against New Orleans last year.

Now we're number one in the entire freakin league. Ginn is the man.

this
Even if Ginn isnt the fastest guy, he has some serious ability to make tacklers miss.

And lots of love goes to the rest ST'ers, like Costanzo, C.Jones, Grant. Gooden, Spillman, and Jennings.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Even if Ginn isnt the fastest guy, he has some serious ability to make tacklers miss.

And lots of love goes to the rest ST'ers, like Costanzo, C.Jones, Grant. Gooden, Spillman, and Jennings.

Ginn is probably in the top 3 fastest players in the league. If he gets into the open, no one will run him down.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

Agreed! Bring on the fantasy points!!
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

Initially I thought you had written "hope we can get a STD on the Browns"
Share 49ersWebzone