You have been a 49ers fan since...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

You have been a 49ers fan since...

62 favorite player.......Abe Woodson
Quarterback.........John Brodie
Wide receiver.........Bernie Casey
Running Back .........JD Smith
DT.................Leo Nomolini

Interesting how most of the fans on this sight became fans during the front runner years.
Born in '81 nuff said!!
Born in '82, so since then.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Born in '82, so since then.

this
Originally posted by 60sfan:
62 favorite player.......Abe Woodson
Quarterback.........John Brodie
Wide receiver.........Bernie Casey
Running Back .........JD Smith
DT.................Leo Nomolini

Interesting how most of the fans on this sight became fans during the front runner years.

i think most fans on this site were born in the 80s.
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
... but I was being a little butt and trying to be different and like another team ... (Will never say which team ) ... But after this, I straightened right up!

So, you came back from The Dark Side Luke ...

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
86-90

Was about 10 when I started to really follow closely.
My first real memory of the niners is the Super Bowl against the Broncos
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Born in 78. My first football memories were Raiders vs Redskins SB, where Marcus Allen made that crazy TD run, Doug Flutie Hail Mary for Boston College and the 49ers vs Dolphins SB. My first favorite player was Marcus Allen because of that SB game and my Dad allowed me to get a Marcus Allen jersey but he also got me a Montana jersey because he was a Niners fan.I wore both for a while and then went into full 49ers mode after the SB vs the Dolphins. (also, my Uncle was drafted by the Broncos when I was a kid so I always have followed them) Mid to late 80's though, great memories of waking up with Dad cooking breakfast and watching Niner games.
[ Edited by Muggins879 on Oct 21, 2011 at 8:28 AM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
what, no kezar era fans on the WZ?

First game at Kezar in 68. Had more heart broken by the Cowboys in 70 & 71. Still hate the Rams because well there the Rams. Family has had season tickets since 1956.

1988...First football game I ever saw in my life Super Bowl XXIII.....I was an 9yr old kid living in England and the only time I had ever seen anything football related was a video tape my Dad had which had Dolphin highlights from the mid 80's....Where I grew up football was obviously not popular or to me not even known until I saw Super Bowl XXIII...I saw this team in this dreadful orange and stripes and a team wearing gold helmets with the red....as simple as it sounds ....I decided to cheer for the team with the uniform I thought looked cooler...I don't even remember if I knew the rules of the game at the time( I don't recall for sure cause my memory is horrible but I might of started cheering for the niners based on that uniform from b4 the superbowl...because in england at that time and probably still now , they never showed full reg season games...they just had this highlight show every week....so I might of gotten caught up with them earlier in the season....) . They did air the entire superbowl though and I remember my brother picked the Bengals to win...I went with the 9ners ofcourse and I still remember that pass to John Taylor in the endzone....I remember being extremely excited!...I've since left England..moved to the east coast and people always ask how come you're a niner fan?? Shouldn't you be a Pat's or Giants fan(lived in New England for many yrs) smh....side note: I can't stand the Giants!One of my friends is a huge Giants fan and he never lets my forget about Leonard Marshall...he never talks about the Craig fumble...only the Leonard Marshall hit on Montana...never lets it go!
....Anyways....I've been a Niner fan since....Funny enoungh ....my brother is still a Bengals fan...LOL....
[ Edited by ktate14 on Oct 21, 2011 at 8:39 AM ]
Newbie here, but longtime reader of the forum. I was a Raiders fan from the time I could say football until they moved to LA back in the early 80's. My father was an Oakland cop so I got to meet a couple players back when I was a kid. But I've been a die-hard Niner fan since.
Bandwagon fan since the late 70s.
Since 1976 when I moved to Squaw Valley CA from NYC.
1977, I was a big Gene Washington fan and Cedric Hardman and my father were friends.
Share 49ersWebzone