There are 244 users in the forums

Patrick Willis on Espn's E:60 on Wednesday the 10/19 at 8pm ET

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anyone notice when they were talking to Sing, he was saying when they were watching his college highlights of him flying around with a club on his hand they had to have him. HAHA. Nice Sing way to try and take credit for wanting to draft a guy that you never wanted them to take. Thank God Sing wasn't head coach back then or Willis would probably be a Ram and Carriker would not be a Niner cause he would already be cut.
his high school # was 42

if that isnt a sign, idk what is
Speechless on the feature. It takes an amazing person to go through all that and not be bitter. He must expend all the bitterness on the field.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Oct 20, 2011 at 9:23 AM ]
Man this guy is amazing. Truly an inspiration. He's not only the best LB in the NFL he's one of the best overall players.

I'm so grateful we have him.
If he wasn't already, how can he not be your favorite Niner after watching this? I'm already a huge fan. He deserves a Super Bowl and I have no doubt that he will get one. His story needs to become a movie. Damn the Blindside.
If we haven't already, can we officially put him on that short list/pantheon of greatest Niners ever to play?

For every Lawrence Phillips that's been on this team, I'm darn glad we've had superb people AND players like Patrick Willis. This guy needs to be a Niner for life.

Switching gears, what juxtaposition: Patrick showing ESPN around his old stomping grounds in Tennessee at the beginning of the piece and then Patrick getting a walk-through of his new pad at the end. Good stuff.
[ Edited by HailJerry on Oct 20, 2011 at 10:05 AM ]
What a beast he went from s**tting in buckets (literally) to s**tting on opposing NFL players.
Pat is the man
Originally posted by ads_2006:
his high school # was 42

His peewee football number was 16 on the front and 80 on the back

signs of the Harbaughcalpse !!!
Originally posted by brizznasty:
What a beast he went from s**tting in buckets (literally) to s**tting on opposing NFL players.

LOLOLOLOLOL! i hella busted up laughing readin this!

but on the serious side. yeah the guy is a monster on the field... and one of the most respectful people/ grateful people you will ever meet in your entire life. true class act.

Originally posted by hohbie:
Anyone notice when they were talking to Sing, he was saying when they were watching his college highlights of him flying around with a club on his hand they had to have him. HAHA. Nice Sing way to try and take credit for wanting to draft a guy that you never wanted them to take. Thank God Sing wasn't head coach back then or Willis would probably be a Ram and Carriker would not be a Niner cause he would already be cut.

um wasnt singletary the one who fought so hard to get him after hearing his story?
Originally posted by schmons:

um wasnt singletary the one who fought so hard to get him after hearing his story?

IIRC McCloughan wanted him all along but Singletary wasn't overly impressed with him as a football player and only became smitten with him after hearing about his troubled childhood.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
his high school # was 42

His peewee football number was 16 on the front and 80 on the back

signs of the Harbaughcalpse !!!

And then he was #49 in college . . . whoa!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by schmons:

IIRC McCloughan wanted him all along but Singletary wasn't overly impressed with him as a football player and only became smitten with him after hearing about his troubled childhood.

Here Is an article with Singletary explaining his true feelings about Pat pre-draft.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-01-04/sports/17196406_1_patrick-willis-mike-holmgren-mike-shanahan

"When asked whether he had ever persuaded the team to choose another player, Singletary set the record straight. "No, and to be honest with you, I didn't push for Patrick Willis, either," he said. "I really didn't, and I told Patrick this. I put the film on, I saw him and I thought, 'There's a chance we may draft this guy?' I was disappointed from what I saw the first time I saw him, I really was.' "

Scot McCloughan, he said, made the case for Willis early on, asking Singletary to take another look.

"And I looked at him again and said 'Scot, you really like this guy?' " Singletary said. "He said 'Mike, I'm telling you. I know what you're saying, but this guy is really good now. He's really going to be good.' "

By draft day, the personnel department had taught him more about Willis, Singletary said, and he came around to supporting McCloughan's position."
Share 49ersWebzone