LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Chicago isn't tough. Their offense is garbage besides Marshall. Their defense is lucky by playing s**tty offenses. They sputtered against Green Bay... Coincidently the only good team they've played.

Just need to get to that QB often and put him off, he'll crack like he has this season with his side line antics. The Bears D though is a different story, I hope we dont have one single fumble or give away against them. And you can never discount Hester, our STs needs to be 200% against this guy.

OT - I like that we ant rated No.1, gives the team that much more of an edge.
[ Edited by ace49ers on Nov 7, 2012 at 2:21 AM ]
Giants were #2 now anywhere from 7-10 depending on the poll. The Niners have been right there all year long. Texans-Bears will expose one of them, maybe both. Fal-cones beat Carolina by 2 and Oakland by 3, watch them go flat and lose early in the playoffs again. The Giants are the only team I lose sleep over, when they bring it they are tough to beat. I hope we see them again come playoff time.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Giants were #2 now anywhere from 7-10 depending on the poll. The Niners have been right there all year long. Texans-Bears will expose one of them, maybe both. Fal-cones beat Carolina by 2 and Oakland by 3, watch them go flat and lose early in the playoffs again. The Giants are the only team I lose sleep over, when they bring it they are tough to beat. I hope we see them again come playoff time.

I don't think Texans-Bears could possibly expose both. If both have a bad day offensively they'll attribute it to great defense; if it's a shootout they'll attribute it to great offense. It's gonna have to be lopsided.

Regardless, these rankings mean squat.
I think our spot in the power rankings is fair.

LOL at dudes in here saying that the Bears offense is garbage. I know it should be expected to an extent, but the amount of homerism on this board is almost comical at times.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
we will destroy the bears
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
new power rankings.

ESPN: 4th

4 49ers 6-2 Same as Last Week

Last Week: 4 The 49ers, who host St. Louis in Week 10, are heavily favored to make it 12 consecutive home victories against NFC West opponents. (Sando)

NFL.com: 4th

RANK
6-2 49ERS Up 1 Spot
Week 9 was a bye in the Bay. Head coach Jim Harbaugh must figure out ways to a) replicate quarterback Alex Smith's 18-for-19 performance in Week 8, b) get tight end Vernon Davis involved early in games, and c) do those things without taking away any mojo from the red-hot running game.

Also we are sitting as the 3rd seed thanks to the Steelers knocking off the Giants. We basically control our own destiny, we have Chicago up coming, we beat them, and STL we take over 2nd spot. I only see one tough tough game, and that is in New England in December. Only other is New Orleans and Seattle might prove tough away from SF.

Chicago, NE, and at Seattle will be tough

Not so much Chicago, but New Orleans IMO will be a tough one. If Brees gets going early and starts putting up points, you know that Harbaugh is going to put the ball in Alex's hands to make up for being down. And that = big trouble.
Originally posted by Faraz80:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
new power rankings.

ESPN: 4th

4 49ers 6-2 Same as Last Week

Last Week: 4 The 49ers, who host St. Louis in Week 10, are heavily favored to make it 12 consecutive home victories against NFC West opponents. (Sando)

NFL.com: 4th

RANK
6-2 49ERS Up 1 Spot
Week 9 was a bye in the Bay. Head coach Jim Harbaugh must figure out ways to a) replicate quarterback Alex Smith's 18-for-19 performance in Week 8, b) get tight end Vernon Davis involved early in games, and c) do those things without taking away any mojo from the red-hot running game.

Also we are sitting as the 3rd seed thanks to the Steelers knocking off the Giants. We basically control our own destiny, we have Chicago up coming, we beat them, and STL we take over 2nd spot. I only see one tough tough game, and that is in New England in December. Only other is New Orleans and Seattle might prove tough away from SF.

Chicago, NE, and at Seattle will be tough

Not so much Chicago, but New Orleans IMO will be a tough one. If Brees gets going early and starts putting up points, you know that Harbaugh is going to put the ball in Alex's hands to make up for being down. And that = big trouble.

Yeah like the last time they played.......
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
NOBODY is Frank Gore. Just thought i should say that.

Frank Gore is
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
NOBODY is Frank Gore. Just thought i should say that.

Frank Gore is

even if
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Chicago isn't tough. Their offense is garbage besides Marshall. Their defense is lucky by playing s**tty offenses. They sputtered against Green Bay... Coincidently the only good team they've played.

We sputtered to the Giants. It happens.

Three games left against teams with winning records. They beat Seattle in SF but it will be a tough game away. NE, Chi and NO will be tough games. If they split and lose two of those they will likely be 12-4. But even 11-5 would likely win the west.
Even if nobody
Originally posted by Faraz80:

Well it worked in the playoffs.

Also Brees will not get hot against our defence. And their defence can´t stop anyone, Ok maybe they can stop the Jaguars.
I hope the Bears get a physical tough game from Houston. That defense is red hot. Creating turnovers like crazy. They will challenge us in every aspect of the game.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/82217/nfl-power-rankings-how-they-voted-29

That stupid b***h Fox has us at #6 with the Broncos at #5.

Do some of these idiots even watch games?

Pure comedy.
Share 49ersWebzone