There are 262 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Garcia:
Stephen A. Smith is a moron.

"Frank Gore can ball - Alex Smith isn't playing like a scrub"...

wow
I wonder if he's a member of our forum? Sure sounds like it, lol. Maybe Stephen is...FLY15??!!!!

Oh, and I could care less about any media attention.
[ Edited by truekingcarlos on Oct 13, 2012 at 7:23 PM ]
We're playing the Giants, thats why. Forget the media attention. 2 games in a span of 4 days ! I cant wait until tomorrow....just when we beat the Giants and start celebrating, NFL Network will already be running snippets on the Niners-Seahawks game.

Doesnt get any better than this folks.
This game has all the story lines. We knew that 6 months ago.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by MrRedDogSF:
Don't get too excited. It's only because we're playing NY

And New York is pre-emptively whining and making excuses

seriously huh! whats up with that...they are bunch of excuse making babies who cant ever admit that they get outplayed.

lets bury another NY team this weekend!
Originally posted by MrRedDogSF:
Don't get too excited. It's only because we're playing NY

Yep...
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Snider8706:
We win and all the headlines will be about what's wrong with the giants.

Beat me too it bro. Exactly last year whats wrong with eagles, giants, steelers they got beat thats whats wrong.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jt8786:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8494349

That show makes me want to pop my own ear drums.

I like how they always forget to put in the fact that Buffalo was the highest scoring team coming into SF and we held them to 3 points and that the jets D was this and that and we ran on them 250.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by Jt8786:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8494349

That show makes me want to pop my own ear drums.

I like how they always forget to put in the fact that Buffalo was the highest scoring team coming into SF and we held them to 3 points and that the jets D was this and that and we ran on them 250.

Fitzpatrick at the time was leading the league in passing TDs
Screw the media attention. We don't know need it. Yeah there has been a bias (mostly eastcoast) with the media. East coast teams are always gonna get more coverage on the networks. its just the way it is. Its not gonna change even if we are consistently good. Alot has to do with demographics of their audience to maximize ratings.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Screw the media attention. We don't know need it. Yeah there has been a bias (mostly eastcoast) with the media. East coast teams are always gonna get more coverage on the networks. its just the way it is. Its not gonna change even if we are consistently good. Alot has to do with demographics of their audience to maximize ratings.

It goes back to the 90s (I wont count the 80s bc back then it was always local coverage). The Niners never got the media attention, even though we were the longest reigning dynasty. But of course, back then everyone expected us to win and it got boring talking about the same success over and over.

I think if we win today, we're gonna get a lot of love from the media this week leading up to the Thursday game vs. Seattle.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good.

Howie Long has been giving us props for the last 2 seasons.

This is a big game for everyone.

I still remember Howie saying over 10 years ago on a postgame show "I believe we are witnessing the fall of the NFL's Roman Empire". What would you call this Howie? The freaking Zombie Emipire rising from the depths of hell.

edit:

Sorry got carried a way with The Walking Dead returning tonight and the whole NFCCG rematch and all
[ Edited by goldstandard333 on Oct 14, 2012 at 12:39 PM ]
We were #1 in the power rankings weren't we?
#5 in espn...sounds about right after a beat down...
Little high, IMO.

Edit: The Vikings have the same record, spanked us, and are down at 10. Hard to justify putting us over the Bears right now too.
[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on Oct 16, 2012 at 9:49 AM ]
we are #1 all time! suck on that
Share 49ersWebzone