That's the way it ought to be,
Yeah, yeah, mama say
That's the way it ought to stay.

- Led Zeppelin
Awesome song...
Thread summary ...

49ers and Led Zeppelin are awesome

/thread
lmao anyone else see that pizza hut ad with AAron Rodgers on the WZ?
Please place your "media" tidbits here about our current 49ers in the news.

All other threads will be merged in here unless they specifically "need" a stand alone.

Thanks!

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Locker-Room-Speech-49ers-vs-Bills/745e3b41-4920-4426-a2b0-fa756896dfa3

locker room speech post game vs Bills.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
The 2001 49ers team registered shut outs in three games (I dunno how many times that ever happened in the NFL)

That 2001 team came out of nowhere. Also, i think that team was the second best team in the nfl that year behind the rams. that was a title contending team imo
Originally posted by verb1der:
Bleacher Report Power Rankings, written by Freddie P. Soft himself. And I agree!

Why are the 4-1 San Francisco 49ers ranked ahead of the undefeated Houston Texans and Atlanta Falcons?

Go back to our intro if you must. Power rankings are based on who would win on a neutral field if the two teams met right now. With the way the 49ers are playing, no one would beat them. Jim Harbaugh's team is on a tear after losing to the Minnesota Vikings, ripping off 79 points versus only three allowed in their last two games.

The Texans would be held in check by the 49ers run game. Matt Ryan would be a good matchup, but the 49ers would outscore the Falcons if the game went to a shootout.

Let's all face it: No one is better than the 49ers right now.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1362316-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-every-team-rank-heading-into-week-6/page/33

This particular writer has been riding our jock all year. Not that I mind terribly, but he had us ranked #1 preseason and predicted a SB win.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Oh for goodness sakes we cannot be ranked #1 in the power rankings, we're gonna lose now

Damn you Bleacher! Somebody haxor the site and drop the team to #32.
Originally posted by sspiker:
Bleacher Report Power Rankings, written by Freddie P. Soft himself. And I agree!

Why are the 4-1 San Francisco 49ers ranked ahead of the undefeated Houston Texans and Atlanta Falcons?

Go back to our intro if you must. Power rankings are based on who would win on a neutral field if the two teams met right now. With the way the 49ers are playing, no one would beat them. Jim Harbaugh's team is on a tear after losing to the Minnesota Vikings, ripping off 79 points versus only three allowed in their last two games.

The Texans would be held in check by the 49ers run game. Matt Ryan would be a good matchup, but the 49ers would outscore the Falcons if the game went to a shootout.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1362316-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-every-team-rank-heading-into-week-6/page/33

This particular writer has been riding our jock all year. Not that I mind terribly, but he had us ranked #1 preseason and predicted a SB win.
he's a 9er homer
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by sspiker:

he's a 9er homer

Nothing wrong with this...its not like he's reaching here.

In case anyone was wondering:

CBS Sports (Pete Prisco): 3
Fox Sports (Brian Billick): 3
ESPN: 3
NFL.com (Elliot Harrison): 2
Originally posted by Gore_21:
In case anyone was wondering:

CBS Sports (Pete Prisco): 3
Fox Sports (Brian Billick): 3
ESPN: 3
NFL.com (Elliot Harrison): 2
thanks
Dont know if this was posted already but Colin Cowherd had on His show this morning that the Niners were #2 in his top 10 behind......wait for it....the Patriots.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Dont know if this was posted already but Colin Cowherd had on His show this morning that the Niners were #2 in his top 10 behind......wait for it....the Patriots.

I could agree with that. Power Rankings are not about W-L records. That's what the standings are for. It's about who would win head-to-head. I would favor the Patriots over the Texans and Falcons, especially in the playoffs, but not the 49ers.
mike sando put us #1
Share 49ersWebzone