There are 290 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
#4 what a difference a year makes
Harbaugh wipes his anus with the "power rankings"
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
@JasonLaCanfora lol 1 game? we EMBARRASSED them. besides that, we have a BETTER record then them. no logic can defend the ignorance of this

@JasonLaCanfora ps good grammar. i dont know where they get you "experts" from. u have 0 credibility. u either have a bias or ur just dumb

@JasonLaCanfora of all the1 loss teams, we had the toughest schedule. now we have one of the easiest schedules ahead. use logic not bias

Seriously, why do you guys care so much what Jason LaCanfora thinks? You're only giving him the satisfaction of thinking his opinion impacts people this much. The best thing to do is to ignore him. Besides, power rankings are completely meaningless, although I must admit they do intrigue me sometimes. Nevertheless, they have absolutely no effect on how the 49ers will do this season or where they will end up. I understand that we can be curious as to what others think of the Niners, but to let it bother us this much doesn't seem to be very warranted.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
@JasonLaCanfora lol 1 game? we EMBARRASSED them. besides that, we have a BETTER record then them. no logic can defend the ignorance of this

@JasonLaCanfora ps good grammar. i dont know where they get you "experts" from. u have 0 credibility. u either have a bias or ur just dumb

@JasonLaCanfora of all the1 loss teams, we had the toughest schedule. now we have one of the easiest schedules ahead. use logic not bias

jason la confora is so hard to watch ... dude looks clueless during his interviews. he is a FAT POS who cares what he thinks, he lost all credibility here.

i dont care what he thinks at all, but it is fun to bash the crap out of him and call him out 4 the moron he is. i put him in his place and his responses are so ignorant, i argued better sports talk with my 10 year old cousin. his latest response (^after above tweets)

@johnd4914 yeah, and tennessee is better than baltimore over 16 games and seattle must be better than the giants too. Awful simplistic

@JasonLaCanfora u r an ignoramus. every team that defeats a team isn't better then them, but we didnt just beat them we DISMANTLED THEM 48-3

@JasonLaCanfora we DESTROYED them in every aspect of the game. they couldnt move the ball on us. ten and seatle barely beat superior teams.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

jason la confora is so hard to watch ... dude looks clueless during his interviews. he is a FAT POS who cares what he thinks, he lost all credibility here.

I really do hate that guy, he is so anti niners its not even funny. I dont knowwhy he even has a job he never breaks any stories, dude is always late in his updates.
I can't believe he's actually arguing with you on twitter. I literally cannot believe he would lower himself to that.

I sincerely believe Adam Schefter leaving that network was the beginning of it's fall as the superior NFL coverage network, Even NBC/Versus puts out better work lately.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
I can't believe he's actually arguing with you on twitter. I literally cannot believe he would lower himself to that.

I sincerely believe Adam Schefter leaving that network was the beginning of it's fall as the superior NFL coverage network, Even NBC/Versus puts out better work lately.

ha he is a jackass, i baited him by calling him out and he took it hook line and sinker. nothing he says can defend the ignorance of having us below tampa so he keeps making him self look worse and worse with each tweet. fn chump
@johnd4914 they were on short week, traveled cross country and laid an egg. It happens. It was 1/16th of a season

@JasonLaCanfora ha excuses excuse, so how are they better then us? enlighten me please. use facts to back up ur nonsense , not ur usual bs

@JasonLaCanfora 6/16 of our season we r 5-1 with wins over lions eagles ur beloved bucs a good cinci team.3-0 1pm games. wheres our respect?
Worst power rankings ever

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/rankings/nfl/

This guy moves the Bengals up 9 leap frogging us (who moved up 7) after they win at home against the Colts. Then leaves the Lions at #3. I am sorry, I just had to email this guy and call him out.
He replied to my email. Called me arrogant for saying he should be fired. Only reason he gave for Bengals at 9 is they are healthy at WR.

F*ck all the pundits who don't believe in us... Better that way.

Originally posted by SportsFan:

This guy moves the Bengals up 9 leap frogging us (who moved up 7) after they win at home against the Colts. Then leaves the Lions at #3. I am sorry, I just had to email this guy and call him out.

This is one of them stupid bloggers who will still have us rated tenth after we steamroll the Lions in the playoffs, b***hslap the Packers in the NFC Championship game and rout the New England Ninnies in the Super Bowl. You're not going to get any respect out of these people because they refuse to believe what is taking place before their very eyes.

Go look at MadDog's draft analysis of Aldon Smith for a local example of this type of behaviour.

Just don't let it bother you. Don't let the hate obscure what is real and what is nice. Who cares what he thinks? He's demonstrated his hate for the Niners -- that's nice -- yawn let's move on.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
Originally posted by SportsFan:

This is one of them stupid bloggers who will still have us rated tenth after we steamroll the Lions in the playoffs, b***hslap the Packers in the NFC Championship game and rout the New England Ninnies in the Super Bowl. You're not going to get any respect out of these people because they refuse to believe what is taking place before their very eyes.

Go look at MadDog's draft analysis of Aldon Smith for a local example of this type of behaviour.

Just don't let it bother you. Don't let the hate obscure what is real and what is nice. Who cares what he thinks? He's demonstrated his hate for the Niners -- that's nice -- yawn let's move on.

Do you even watch football? How on earth are the Niners ranked lower than two teams they beat on the road?! It's hard to take your rankings seriously when you have the 3-2 Titans ranked ahead of the 5-1 Niners. And how convenient you have the Lions ranked the same even after they lost to the Niners at home. What a joke. I don't like to make generalizations, but maybe you should stick to hockey, eh? I've made a mental note that Scott Cullen is a complete joke when it comes to football analysis. Seriously, you're getting paid for this?

And the Niners were what, 4.5-point underdogs? You think that one game suddenly means that San Francisco would be favoured? I've been handicapping NFL games for 20 years and, I assure you, that's not how it works.

Why would Tennessee's record automatically mean they are worse than San Francisco? They haven't played the same teams.

I don't like to make generalizations either, so I won't. It's more credible that way.

Make all the mental notes you like. No one's forcing you to read my rankings. If you don't want to read them, don't; you won't be missed.

Regards,

You're searching for contradictions where none exist. Head-to-head results aren't the be-all end-all when ranking all 32 teams. Otherwise, I'd have to explain why San Francisco is ranked ahead of Dallas, right? The head-to-head stuff runs in circles, so it's not as important as you would like to think.

Their dominant defence is ranked 13th in yardage against. That's slightly above average. Their offence is 28th in yardage, which is well below average.

I watched the Niners struggle for three-and-a-half quarters at home against a terrible Seattle team before pulling away with two punt return touchdowns – events that are highly unlikely to be repeated. I watched their second-half comeback against the Eagles and gave up part way through their horrific game against the Bengals. If that's not enough viewings of one team through six weeks, then best of luck to you in your coverage of 32 teams.

If you want to win based on defence and special teams, best of luck. It hasn't been a particularly successful formula so it's going to be an uphill fight.

What are the Niners ranks in points scored and scored against? That should be a far more determinant statistic for their success, no? How are the Niners ranked in rush defense, QB pressures, sacks, passes defended, ints, offensive running game, etc. Sure, pick your yardage stats to prove your point, but it does nothing to prove why the Niners are 5-1. This while playing three tough road games.

While I don't believe head-to-head should be the be-all end-all, it should be relevant. Sure the Niners lost in OT to Dallas, but that is their only blemish. They absolutely dismantled a tough Tampa Bay team which you rank slightly behind them. And when I say they absolutely dismantled them, I'm not exaggerating it. It was the worst lost in Tampa Bay history and there are some abysmal TB teams in their history.

Seattle was the first game of the season for a team that had more of a disadvantage than almost any other team trying to learn a complete new system during a lockout shortened offseason. Sure, the game wasn't convincing, but it should at least prove more of a point that their special teams have dominated all opposition they've faced, in all facets of the game. Add to that, Seattle has been better than expected so the win should mean something no matter how they went about it. And if you remember, they didn't struggle for three and a half quarters. Seattle mounted a comeback before Ginn went off, but the Niners had dominated most of the game and were in the lead before Ginn went off.

You admit to giving up part way during the Bengals game, but why? If you look at defensive stats, these are two of the best defensive teams thusfar. Maybe you can't be enthralled in a game that offenses don't light it up, but to call it horrific proves the point you don't know what your're talking about. The game was a hard-fought gravel in the bellies defensive showdown. That's not always exciting to viewers, but it doesn't mean it was a bad game, or horrific in your words. I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed the defensive performances by both teams. But maybe that's me.

Defense and special teams have won many championships. I'm not saying that we're going to win a championship, but to ignore the Stealers, Ravens, and Tampa Bay championships in recent years is ignorant. We have a growing offense with many weapons and Alex Smith has played very well this year (much better than some of your teams' QBs ranked ahead of the Niners). It's okay to make an oversight. This team is for real, no matter what you think.

Good day.
PWNED
Wait, we beat Detroit and Cincinnati and they are higher, lmao. Typical idiots, plus its tsn.ca, lol. Aren't they together with ESPN? Aren't they like the espn of canada?
Share 49ersWebzone