There are 202 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I guarantee the Cardinals are going to lose this weekend.. I guarantee.

wrong, the cards are going to go 7-0 until they face the 49ers.

And end 7–9.
The Cardinals are quite likely the worst 4-0 team in the history of the NFL. They're literally three plays away (Russell completing a pass, Gostkowski making a gimme-FG, Miami making either 4th-and-10 stop) from being 1-3, and that's with the benefit of playing three out of four games at home thus far. Color me unimpressed.
The Cardinals haven't earned that lead until they defend it against us. As it stands they are the most fluky divisional leaders so far.
Arizona is definitely a fluke. They haven't reached 300 total yards of offense in any of their 4 games. Eventually, that is going to start leading to losses in bunches.

Their defense is not as good as people claim. You can move the ball against them both run and pass, but they've done an outstanding job creating turnovers. Protecting the football is key.

Like sspiker said, they are literally 3 plays away from being 1-3.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Arizona is definitely a fluke. They haven't reached 300 total yards of offense in any of their 4 games. Eventually, that is going to start leading to losses in bunches.

Their defense is not as good as people claim. You can move the ball against them both run and pass, but they've done an outstanding job creating turnovers. Protecting the football is key.

that could be said about us last year around this time
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I suppose. The circumstances differ though. We had no off-season to get ready for week 1. Our offense got into a groove by week 4. We were piling up yards on the ground, and nobody could run on us. We were dominant in certain phases of the game. I don't exactly see that with AZ.
Do you guys realize, that in the past 13 games, the Cardinals are 11-2? That's sayin' something. 49ers better watch out, because the Cards hit them in the mouth last season!

I hope that doesn't happen this year.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Do you guys realize, that in the past 13 games, the Cardinals are 11-2? That's sayin' something. 49ers better watch out, because the Cards hit them in the mouth last season!

really? they only won by 2 points.

They piled up wins late last year when the schedule got easier. Their last 9 games in 2011 they only played 2 teams with winning records, the 49ers & Bengals (1-2 in those games). Not to mention 4 OT wins last year, and 1 this year. They've been pretty fortunate.

They live on the edge. I give them credit because they're on a hell of a run. I don't think it's possible to maintain it with the way they barely eke out wins.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Oct 2, 2012 at 5:59 PM ]

If you look at it on paper that is true. However watch those first 4 and not even close. Not by a long shot. Teams couldn't even sniff the end zone against us when it meant a win. At least two Cards wins so far were teams beating themselves.

Originally posted by niner4ever12:

really? they only won by 2 points.

stupid ass tedd ginn lost the ball in the air, shoulda been a TD...could only score FGs, thats why we lost

They piled up wins late last year when the schedule got easier. Their last 9 games in 2011 they only played 2 teams with winning records, the 49ers & Bengals (1-2 in those games). Not to mention 4 OT wins last year, and 1 this year. They've been pretty fortunate.

They live on the edge. I give them credit because they're on a hell of a run. I don't think it's possible to maintain it with the way they barely eke out wins.

I hope you're right. If they beat the Rams this Thursday the media is going to hype them up even more as the team to take down the 49ers, that's gonna make me sick!
I hope you're right. If they beat the Rams this Thursday the media is going to hype them up even more as the team to take down the 49ers, that's gonna make me sick!
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
My bad. I knew that. I guarantee they will lose on Thursday night. I guarantee.

if they don't lose, change your name

I will. I agree. My name is sacred, but you remember, I said it. Write it down. PM me.

"The Cardinals are not legit," I say.
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Oct 2, 2012 at 8:17 PM ]
  • obx49
  • Veteran

I'm sorry but that's such a weak argument, this can also be said about the Niners. Save the Jets game we also eked out most of our wins. A win is a win in this talent rich league and we shouldn't take any team for granted and I don't believe Harbaugh and company do either. Arizona is for real, that defense is a smash mouth defense that can rack up sacks if our OL isn't prepared. I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit to see us split and make us a little nervous about winning the division.
[ Edited by obx49 on Oct 2, 2012 at 8:41 PM ]
Originally posted by obx49:

I'm sorry but that's such a weak argument, this can also be said about the Niners. Save the Jets game we also eked out most of our wins. A win is a win in this talent rich league and we shouldn't take any team for granted and I don't believe Harbaugh and company do either. Arizona is for real, that defense is a smash mouth defense that can rack up sacks if our OL isn't prepared. I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit to see us split and make us a little nervous about winning the division.

We eked out most of our wins last year. This year however, we have been in strong control of most of our games.
The Cardinals are definitely a team to take seriously, because they resemble us from last year, but we are still the better team this year.
Share 49ersWebzone