LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Harbaugh Handshake with Jim Schwartz

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Harbaugh did a great job, the handshake was a little hard, but nothing to cry around about

but Harbaugh should get some credit for not rubbing it in Schwartz face, it was reported Schwartz was yelling at him from across the field during warmups.

Its not Harbaughs fault Schwartz acted like a little b*tch
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by dj43:
A lot of over-reaction. Still, Harbaugh needs to tone it down a bit. It is the players that are winning the game. They are the ones that are putting their bodies on the line.

Here, after the biggest win in 8+ years, no one is talking about the players. Instead they are talking about the coach. Fair or not, Harbaugh needs to dial it back a bit. The game is about the players, not the coach. The coach will get plenty of recognition if the team continues to win. Let the players celebrate the win.

I agree. The players and the work that they did--overcoming the obstacles, albeit many if not most were created by themselves, they overcame to win the game should be what we are reading about.

Harbaugh was out of control; wildly exuberant. He as the head coach needs to control his emotions.

That being said I did not think that the handshake was that extreme.

Schwartz clearly overreacted and was much more out of line than Harbaugh. I find him arrogant.

It angers me that he is almost getting a free ride in the media.

Agree with both of you. Harbaugh is a bit excitable and needs to reralize that and at least tone it down at the handshake. Jim, the losing coach is just not as happy as you are. However, Schwartz needs to review the tape. Harbaugh was just patting him on the back. maybe it felt like a shove at the time, but clearly, on the video, it was a friendly, if overly enthusiastic, pat. If anything, Schwartz needs to admit he overreacted and lay this to rest.
I thought this was a riot!
http://walterfootball.com/nflpowerrankings.php

What the hell was that Jim Harbaugh and Jim Schwartz fight all about? Luckily, I can tell you the answer because I called both of them up to get the real story:

Me: Hey Jim, thanks for joining me. And Jim, thanks for joining me too. I want to clear something up. What exactly was that fight...
Jim Harbaugh: WEEEEE WOOOOOONN WEEEEE WOOOOONNNNN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim Schwartz: Dude, that was two days ago.
Jim Harbaugh: F*** YEAH!!!!!!!! 5-1 BABY!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim Schwartz: Stop yelling, you're hurting my ear drums.
Jim Harbaugh: I CAN YELL HOW LOUD THE F*** I WANT BECAUSE I F***ING WON AND YOU F***ING LOST HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim Schwartz: If you don't stop yelling Jim, I swear I will get my older brother to beat you up!
Jim Harbaugh: NO ONE CAN F***ING TOUCH ME BECAUSE I'M F***ING FIVE AND F***ING ONE, BABY!!!!!!!!!!! HAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Jim Schwartz: That's it, mister! I'm definitely telling my brother to beat you up!
Jim Harbaugh: I WON THE BATTLE OF THE JIMS! THE BATTLE OF THE F***ING JIMS IS MINE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me: Shut up already, Harbaugh. If I had an older brother, I'd get him to beat you up as well.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
This ignorant f**k

HOLY CRAP!!! JIM SCHWARTZ IS STEPHEN LANG!!! FINKLE IS EINHORN!! It's all making sense now!!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
This ignorant f**k

HOLY CRAP!!! JIM SCHWARTZ IS STEPHEN LANG!!! FINKLE IS EINHORN!! It's all making sense now!!

This guy looks like a JD81 wannabe
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Forget for the moment the question of whether Roger Goodell is fair in his self-appointed role as the NFL's chief disciplinarian. It's time to start questioning whether he knows what he's doing when it comes to protecting himself.

The scuffle between Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz and San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh was the perfect opportunity for the commissioner to demonstrate that his past stances on player mishaps had been about protecting the league from embarrassment.

Rather than being an ego-crazed bully.

Or an out-of-touch, power hungry control freak.

Or, as some have wondered — most notably and publicly Pittsburgh linebacker James Harrison — a racist with two sets of rules.

Yes, for an NFL leader doggedly determined to institute discipline on a vastly wider scale despite such blowback, he just had been handed a gift.

This was Fairness 101 served up on a platter for a league and a leader with an image problem with its own players. When Harbaugh roughly shook Schwartz's hand and slammed him briskly on the back after the game, and Schwartz then chased him down the field to kick off a near scuffle, Goodell was poised to prove his naysayers wrong.

Here, the iron-fisted commissioner could have demonstrated that his hard brand of justice extends to anyone who hurts the NFL's brand. Since these were two white coaches, he certainly could have undercut the rising concern among black players that they face a double standard. He could have done the right thing — and it would have been right — while giving himself some much needed cover.

Rest of the story....

WOOOOOOWWWWW
[ Edited by VDSF on Oct 19, 2011 at 2:31 PM ]
i'd take Harbaugh over that retard any day!!
Kick ASS!!!
Still pissed off about the damn handshake!

Could have had a lot of 49ers are strong talk in the media and the media analyzing why we might be legit, that we have had the toughest schedule out of the top 10 teams, that our defense is monster,...

But my BYE week is ruined by this damn handshake.

Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Harbaugh did a great job, the handshake was a little hard, but nothing to cry around about

but Harbaugh should get some credit for not rubbing it in Schwartz face, it was reported Schwartz was yelling at him from across the field during warmups.

Its not Harbaughs fault Schwartz acted like a little b*tch

And Schwartz apparently was jawjacking from the sidelines when Harbaugh got a penalty for throwing the flag. Seems to me he got as much respect as he was giving prior to the handshake. None

What did Harbaugh say when he went up for that hand hand shake and pat on the back??? I heard

YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

*hand shake, pat on the back

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

There was no explicit from Harbaugh, none that I saw from the game. Schwartz hasnt even owned up to his part in the incident yet will come out and say that Harbaugh said something unsavory? A manly hand shake, a pat on the back was too much for Schwartz so hes now covering up his actions with the 'but he said something nasty to me . . . ' comment??

Child please.
I want Harry to keep doing what hes been doing and not stop. Screw everyone else. Why would anyone want him to tone things down??
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ace49ers:
What did Harbaugh say when he went up for that hand hand shake and pat on the back??? I heard

YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

*hand shake, pat on the back

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

There was no explicit from Harbaugh, none that I saw from the game. Schwartz hasnt even owned up to his part in the incident yet will come out and say that Harbaugh said something unsavory? A manly hand shake, a pat on the back was too much for Schwartz so hes now covering up his actions with the 'but he said something nasty to me . . . ' comment??

Child please.

after the pat on the back harbaugh goes "f**k yeah!" and so b***h ass schwartz is going to put that in his side of the story. punk ass b***h.
Share 49ersWebzone