LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Define: "Type of QB who puts an offense on his back"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kense:
Alex is playing pretty good but people are getting waaaay out of hand here. It's only week 5 and his history is hard to forget. Even Derek Anderson had a pro bowl season. Now look at him.

As one of the original Alex pundits, I have always said, he will probably have one Pro Bowl season.
Originally posted by susweel:
Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees

Rapesburger,Eli,Rivers, Stafford
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by danimal:
Alex is playing pretty good but people are getting waaaay out of hand here. It's only week 5 and his history is hard to forget. Even Derek Anderson had a pro bowl season. Now look at him.

As one of the original Alex pundits, I have always said, he will probably have one Pro Bowl season.

Only we he gets in is because of injury to someone. Rodger, Brees and Stafford and the top 3 in the NFC and then Cam Newton is putting up big numbers. Then there are guys like Romo, Vick, Eli, Matt Ryan who all will put up better numbers then Alex. So him getting into the pro bowl is not gonna be easy at all.
When the OL isn't blocking and the run game isn't working, the QB makes some quick throws with some scramble runs mixed in with some broken tackles behind the LOS and then making throws to WR's who couldn't get open within the scheme but are open due to a DB reacting to a broken play...wins.

or this,

It's when a QB can overcome the mistakes of his team and the circumstances of the game that are out of his control and just plain get it done.

It's having every excuse to fail and still doing what you gotta do to pull out the W.

Only we he gets in is because of injury to someone. Rodger, Brees and Stafford and the top 3 in the NFC and then Cam Newton is putting up big numbers. Then there are guys like Romo, Vick, Eli, Matt Ryan who all will put up better numbers then Alex. So him getting into the pro bowl is not gonna be easy at all.

Yeah the pro bowl is not a good example. Basically I meant even I, as a pundit; expected him to have one good season. I have seen far too many average QB's have one good season in my life
nobody can put the team on their back all qb's require ol play and receivers catching the ball. some just do better when they force throws and get positive results. for as good as manning and brady are,manning has a losing record in the post season and brady has lost his last 3 playoff games

Yeah the pro bowl is not a good example. Basically I meant even I, as a pundit; expected him to have one good season. I have seen far too many average QB's have one good season in my life

i always knew you were just a talking head
What Romo did to us, despite a great pass rush. What Rogers did in the Super Bowl despite the tight coverage.
Originally posted by stepnez:
nobody can put the team on their back all qb's require ol play and receivers catching the ball. some just do better when they force throws and get positive results. for as good as manning and brady are,manning has a losing record in the post season and brady has lost his last 3 playoff games

SMH at this entire post.

Originally posted by stepnez:

Manning has had the Colts on his back since Jim Harbaugh retired.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by HessianDud:

i always knew you were just a talking head

What does that mean ?
A quarterback that if not there the team no longer can make the playoffs. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers of the present. Marino etc. A team that would collapse if he is gone during the season or more than a season. A qb that is hard to replace (not impossible).

Alex has bettered himself, but can he go to another team and have success say like Montana? He is adequately doing the job cause Harbaugh puts him in situations to win and not shoot himself in the foot so easy.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
It's when a QB can overcome the mistakes of his team and the circumstances of the game that are out of his control and just plain get it done.

It's having every excuse to fail and still doing what you gotta do to pull out the W.

Share 49ersWebzone