LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Finally some love....in the power rankings.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i don't like it when flowery things are said about us
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i don't like it when flowery things are said about us

i kinda agree. I remember not appreciating how good we were in the 90's and early 2000's. I've become hardened to us sucking, and just feeling frustrated and angry about the team. I'm not sure about how to celebrate our success right now. Best problem I've had to deal with in years...
It's deserved but we don't need it. I wish they still had us outside the top ten. I love that the guys play with a chip on their shoulders, like they have been disrespected. I don't want them to get satisfied. A LOT has happened the past 8 years.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Question: Would you rather go to the SB and lose or not go at all? You know we are the only team with a perfect record.

repost
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/10/12/week.5/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2

#9 on Si.com

The only time I look at the power rankings is when I compare how they ranked teams with their comments early in the year and how often they were completely wrong about every quarter of the season.

There are only a couple teams they usually get correct but you don't need to be an expert to predict the pats or packers would be a top five team.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
NFL.com's power rankings: see the bold

Geez, what do you say? The suddenly effective Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter combined for 190 yards on the ground. The defense gave up three measly points. If you're a Niners fan, you just have to be encouraged by Alex Smith, who had three touchdown passes in 19 pass attempts. That's a score every 6.3 throws. Coming into 2011, Smith had one touchdown pass every 29.7 attempts. Oh, and that's the second week in a row that Jim Harbaugh's passing attack has been surprisingly effective against a secondary that was supposed to be superior.

Starts with OL - when they block well, our offense looks pretty damn impressive. We have had the play-makers for a while, but the OL has been inconsistent. The OL has played the best I've seen in several years during the last 6 quarters. If they can continue to play at a high level - this team can go places.
Share 49ersWebzone