LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Morgan Officially placed on IR according to 49ers.com

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This will be a major issue. I bet we see just how much it hurts against the Lions this week and even more so going forward. Sux because we were looking pretty good on offense and Morgan was becoming the #1 WR.
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
This will be a major issue. I bet we see just how much it hurts against the Lions this week and even more so going forward. Sux because we were looking pretty good on offense and Morgan was becoming the #1 WR.

Braylon will be back very very soon, no worries.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Braylon will be back very very soon, no worries.

Yes, worries. They seem like very different WRs. Braylon seems like a deep threat wide reciever. Morgan ran a great slant and was very dangerous in short yardage. Plus, you could tell he and Smith had great chemistry. Crabs is similar to Morgan, but his routes seem very sloppy.

P.S. Does IR mean he wouldn't be able to join us in the playoffs if he healed up?
How much the 9ers miss Morgan is an unknown. He is their second receiver in number of catches and yards but they have so many good targets that Harbaugh may be able to just change the focus letting the team roll on. JH never seems overly upset by events...which really helps the team stay focused.

I would imagine Crabtree, Miller, Hunter, Gore and Walker can pick up the slack. More 2 TE sets, or moving Walker out to the edge, whatever...it will be an exciting game. Then the bye week and after--Edwards return.

Crabtree still has the worst rapport with Smith but he missed TC again so that was expected. Has only caught half the passes when he was targeted. Hope he can step it up this week!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 13, 2011 at 6:29 AM ]
Definitely going to miss Morgan but hopefully someone will step up.

Funny how Yahoo has a list of 14 players who should be dealt and a handful of them they think should be dealt to SF:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjNkJRYAd2_HHLjgLO7HynFDubYF?slug=jc-cole_trade_deadline_broncos_reggie_bush101311

Reggie Bush, Brandon Lloyd, Joey Porter among others.
Blessing in disguise. I still love you though Josh, only because you're a 49er.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Blessing in disguise. I still love you though Josh, only because you're a 49er.

Damn you must really think very low of him.

No football team wants Josh Morgan as their #1 WR. Holly crap guys... have you forgotten what an NFL caliber WR looks like? Go look at Josh Morgan's stats... they're awful.

Edit: Double post.
[ Edited by Kilgore_Trout on Oct 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:

He is slow. Do you remember the Atlanta game where he got chased down from 20 yards behind? He is the only WR I have ever seen that happen to. He works hard, but he isn't much in the talent department.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

He is slow. Do you remember the Atlanta game where he got chased down from 20 yards behind? He is the only WR I have ever seen that happen to. He works hard, but he isn't much in the talent department.

Yah I remember that play and it did change my opinion of him, any other WR would scored for sure on that play. He seemed to slow down and waited to be tackled.

To his defense he slowed down and didnt run hard the whole way thats why the other guy caught him
Yah I remember that play and it did change my opinion of him, any other WR would scored for sure on that play. He seemed to slow down and waited to be tackled.

Yea, kind of like the play that got him hurt. He could have dove in the endzone, but instead he moved real slow and got smothered.

Josh Morgan should not be on this team people, that is the truth. We should have way better WRs... this is the NFL.
Originally posted by valrod33:
To his defense he slowed down and didnt run hard the whole way thats why the other guy caught him

Yea, that's why his ankle is broke now too. Because he didn't finish the play off. Peace out son, get healthy.
Unless McCloughan offers him #1 WR money he'll be back next year.
Share 49ersWebzone