LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

More evidence that our offensive line is terrible

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SoTx9R:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
How well they played wasn't lost on Moose Johnston, who was singing their praises all game. He and Dick Stockton will be calling the Niners-Lions game, too. I keep going back to what Joe Montana said before the season started...that we fans would have to be patient while Harbaugh's players learned the finer points of his WCO. It sure looks like they've turned the corner, and the OL is a huge reason why. They dominated the Bucs the entire game...great to see.

Can't believe it's happening so quickly! Fantastic!!
Time has helped, but so has Adam Snyder.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Time has helped, but so has Adam Snyder.

No doubt that Snyder has helped settle that right guard problem, but it's more than that. The line is now regularly blowing defenses downfield in a way that I haven't seen -- well -- since the glory years actually. We continue to get better and better and better at running the Power -- which is a staple of the Harbaugh offense. We are now so good at it, it's downright scary.

And that's just two games worth of improvements. It really started in the 2nd half of the Bengals game, continued in the Philly game and that line just WHAMMOED that Buc defense yesterday.

The key to a great team is a great line. We have one.
Pass to set up the run, run to set up the pass. The best thing for the line is that defenses have no idea what the hell we're doing.
I didn't see the game but how was our pass protection?
considering who we were up a agianst, it was pretty damn good. really impressed with AD. He fightin Suh all game and holding his own.
Staley is officially the weakest link
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I didn't see the game but how was our pass protection?

It settled down after the terrible first quarter. They gave Smith just enough time to throw the ball for the most part. But the receivers wasn't getting open quick enough. They weathered the initial storm from the Lions' defensive line. And the runs by Gore really help to slow down that pass rush too.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

staley let one guy threw all game long (on the first play of the game). get outa here with that nonsense. staley is VERY good.

Hell yea he is! I bet that fool couldn't even cock block.

Originally posted by THEB:

staley is VERY overrated.

fixed
Originally posted by THEB:

staley is VERY overrated.

fixed

So is your argument.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
considering who we were up a agianst, it was pretty damn good. really impressed with AD. He fightin Suh all game and holding his own.

Our fat, false starting boy has become a man today.
If anything the penalties on the offensive line were drive killer. I remember we had a play call with a hard playaction fake that got the defense to bite, but there was a false start penalty. That opportunity was wasted because we had set up for that all game long. It would have been a big gain or TD even. You can see the disappointment on Harbaugh.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

Our fat, false starting boy has become a man today.

Very impressed with Davis today.
Share 49ersWebzone