LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

What's everyone's feelings on QB rating?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's everyone's feelings on QB rating?

Alex's qb rating has gone up every year and that's with terrible coaches and his completions are around 60%.

QB Rating Comp%

2005-06 40.8 50.9

2006-07 74.8 58.1

2008-09 57.2 48.7(hurt basically the whole year

2009-10 81.5 60.5

2010-11 82.1 59.6

2011-12 97.7 67.3
Originally posted by reggieracks:
Alex's qb rating has gone up every year and that's with terrible coaches and his completions are around 60%.

QB Rating Comp%

2005-06 40.8 50.9

2006-07 74.8 58.1

2008-09 57.2 48.7(hurt basically the whole year

2009-10 81.5 60.5

2010-11 82.1 59.6

2011-12 97.7 67.3

He's a slow ass applier.
Didn't poll, lol.
where is, somewhat important?
I just think it's funny how in the past, the rating was used against Alex but now that his is up there with the best, some are trying to devalue the rating.
Ratings are just part of the equation, you have to look at how it was attained, he may not have TD passes, but did he lead them to TD anyway or at the least a field goal. Did he attain high completions to string drives together or were they attained inconsistently. Alex has done a decent job on the whole. I would like to see more of him doin like the second half.
I've never been big on that stat either way. I look at wins and completion percentage. Right now he's winning and has a good completion %. so as far as I'm concerned he's playing well. I don't even have clue what his rating is right now.
Should have put a third choice..."Somewhat important"
not important it's what you do on the field and the new qb rating is more acurate !
It's not "not" important, but it's also not the most important.

The most important QB stat is wins.

I think it's important because the emphasis that it places on TDs and INTs
Here is NT's feeling:

When it fits my preconceived agenda, I love it.
When it refutes it, it is a load of crap.
I think games should be played for QB rating, not touchdowns. That way, the Niners would have been playoff condenders the last 8 years.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I just think it's funny how in the past, the rating was used against Alex but now that his is up there with the best, some are trying to devalue the rating.
Nice ! ... and quite true.

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Here is NT's feeling:

When it fits my preconceived agenda, I love it.
When it refutes it, it is a load of crap.

Nice ! ... and again, quite true.
Originally posted by cNiner:
not important it's what you do on the field and the new qb rating is more acurate !

More accurate???? f**k no. more subjective? you bet!
Share 49ersWebzone