There are 273 users in the forums

Isaac Sopoaga has a staph infection

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not good news. Soap has been great in the middle. Not saying RJF wont, but Soap is mean and strong.
Originally posted by Gbombninerfan:
First post don't kill me too bad but, Soap probably contacted from children's hospital in youngstown.

What a way to start posting by coming in here blaming children!

lol welcome!
This is huge, soap was stout in the middle, exactly where tb is gonna run.

No bueno

Not feeling williams and dobbs, they havent got much playing time yet.
Originally posted by RMuTT1981:

No bueno

I am not an x's and o's guy but I have a feeling that when williams or dobbs plays the niners will be in a 4 d-lineman front to change this dynamic. RJF has done a good job spelling soap, hopefully he can do the same for the majority of a game.
Cmon man! Not blaming the kids but my son caught staph from children's hospital in Oakland. That's not how I meant that!
Originally posted by RMuTT1981:

No bueno

Same. Advantage is definitely to the Bucs, none of the backups are as strong and athletic as Soap.
Cmon man! Not blaming the kids but my son caught staph from children's hospital in Oakland. That's not how I meant that!

Now you're blaming children in Oakland! This is not a good start for you!!
Originally posted by verb1der:

Now you're blaming children in Oakland! This is not a good start for you!!

Welcome to the zone, where you will face snarky comments and sarcasm galore!
A good team should make up for Soap so his loss hopefully wont impact us as much.

I think Ray Mac/ JSmith will see a lot of snaps in the middle and Aldon lining up in their places.
I hope he's okay, staph infections can be really serious.

Also, this is the second time in the last 5 or 6 years that there's been a staph infection issue with the 9ers. I don't know if it's our locker room, or just a coincidence. But I really hope that we are running a properly hygienic facility.

Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I hope he's okay, staph infections can be really serious.

Also, this is the second time in the last 5 or 6 years that there's been a staph infection issue with the 9ers. I don't know if it's our locker room, or just a coincidence. But I really hope that we are running a properly hygienic facility.

If anything blame youngstown or Philly.
This couldn't come at much worse time. He has been an anchor in the middle and has been a tone setter on offense on short yardage. Not good!

Who will step in and try to stuff the physical running game of the Succaneers and be the tone setter on short yardage?
This is huge...Blount and company kicked our asses last year running the ball. One posted noted that we may use more 4 man fronts this game and a heavier rotation. We will have to stack the box and make Josh beat us, no doubt.
f**k. Not a good guy to be missing.

The one thing I feel more confident with Harbaugh and his staff is "Next man up". Really, over the past few years I have started to realize that coaching plays a much bigger role in a teams success then having all star players at each position. Just look at the Patriots. They sub guys in and out all the time and don't miss a beat.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
A good team should make up for Soap so his loss hopefully wont impact us as much.

I think Ray Mac/ JSmith will see a lot of snaps in the middle and Aldon lining up in their places.

Ray Mac and Smith are both too small to be in the middle and it would take away from where they are most effective.
Share 49ersWebzone