LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Week 4: Thoughts after re-watching the game....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Originally posted by TX9R:
I stopped recording the game at halftime and deleted it.

i beat you : i stop watching after the first eagles TD feeling they were going nowhere in this game
Then i checked the results and it was 23- 17 in the 3rd ! So i went back to the sceern to see the comeback completed not before saying some more insanity
Thanks Henery we owe you one

Wow. I've never turned off a game in my life. Even when they are down by 40, I keep watching.

i beat you : i stop watching after the first eagles TD feeling they were going nowhere in this game
Then i checked the results and it was 23- 17 in the 3rd ! So i went back to the sceern to see the comeback completed not before saying some more insanity

Due to superstition, don't watch the remainder of the season. Seems as though 49ers play well when you don't watch.

Seriously! You turned it off?

[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 3, 2011 at 10:51 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:

Due to superstition, don't watch the remainder of the season. Seems as though 49ers play well when you don't watch.

Seriously! You turned it off?

Thats what I'm sayin'!!
Excellent post - right on the money!
What a great day! Niners come from behind to win, Cowgirls blow a giant lead to lose, and the rest of the NFC west loses woot woot. Gonna be a great week

Go Niners 3-1 baby!!
1. On Gore. I agree with you from last week that he just looks out of it at times. He's coming back from season ending hip surgery. Also people love to rip Crabtree and some other players about missing camp Alex but Gore stayed in Florida to work out and then in preseason he played sparingly. Maybe he just needed a wake up call and is getting back to playing condition.

2. Hunter is the real deal. He is too quick to not have in the game. Put him at WR or 2 back sets or whatever, but he needs to be out there.

3. The Aldon and Haralson debate. The question is how to split playing time? Aldon the more he is in, collapses the pocket and is now getting sacks. I would rather gamble with Aldon for more playing time because when is being disruptive he play causes 3rd and long, which leads to field position and turnovers, which is how we are staying in these games.

4. Alex got the biggest win of his career. No game is even close. He had never beaten a playoff caliber team before. He didn't just manage the game either, I think I read a stat that he was 9 for 9 in passing in the 3rd quarter. I hope our home crowd cheers for him loud next week against Tampa.

5. My main point. I don't think our secondary is all that bad. We gave up alot of yards yesterday. On some of those long bombs from Vick and Tds, I don't think you can blame the Secondary. You simply can't cover speed WRs for that long if the front 7 isn't getting pressure on the QB. The same with the Dallas game. The front 7 was already good at stopping the run from last year so I don't think that there is a big learning curve. The Secondary was overhauled and I think they are still learning to communicate back there. Just think, against Seattle and Cincy we held them pretty good. Dalton has thrown pretty well in ever game except for us. Even yesterday, the eagles had 20 at the half and the final was 24-23. I think they are better than people are giving them credit for.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
1. On Gore. I agree with you from last week that he just looks out of it at times. He's coming back from season ending hip surgery. Also people love to rip Crabtree and some other players about missing camp Alex but Gore stayed in Florida to work out and then in preseason he played sparingly. Maybe he just needed a wake up call and is getting back to playing condition.

2. Hunter is the real deal. He is too quick to not have in the game. Put him at WR or 2 back sets or whatever, but he needs to be out there.

3. The Aldon and Haralson debate. The question is how to split playing time? Aldon the more he is in, collapses the pocket and is now getting sacks. I would rather gamble with Aldon for more playing time because when is being disruptive he play causes 3rd and long, which leads to field position and turnovers, which is how we are staying in these games.

4. Alex got the biggest win of his career. No game is even close. He had never beaten a playoff caliber team before. He didn't just manage the game either, I think I read a stat that he was 9 for 9 in passing in the 3rd quarter. I hope our home crowd cheers for him loud next week against Tampa.

5. My main point. I don't think our secondary is all that bad. We gave up alot of yards yesterday. On some of those long bombs from Vick and Tds, I don't think you can blame the Secondary. You simply can't cover speed WRs for that long if the front 7 isn't getting pressure on the QB. The same with the Dallas game. The front 7 was already good at stopping the run from last year so I don't think that there is a big learning curve. The Secondary was overhauled and I think they are still learning to communicate back there. Just think, against Seattle and Cincy we held them pretty good. Dalton has thrown pretty well in ever game except for us. Even yesterday, the eagles had 20 at the half and the final was 24-23. I think they are better than people are giving them credit for.

I agree on Gore. The funny thing is that Crab WAS at camp Alex. In fact, that's where he got hurt.

I think Aldon is going to take time from Haralson. They started to get significantly more pressure when Aldon was in the game.
Any word on Shawntae Spencer? It looked like Culliver replaced him late in the game. Did Spencer get hurt?

BTW, great breakdown. Agree with everything you said.
Here's my f**king thoughts.

1. We just won 2 straight out of division/conference road games.
2. We just defied the odds of WC teams going to the East Coast
3. We are better than any team in our division.
4. We have a very good defense.
5. We have a fundamentally creative and efficient offense.

Man, it feels good.
GORE -- This may sound carzy, but the injury may have actually HELPED Gore. Hear me out. Previously, he seemed to be trying to power runs up the middle and running into a wall, he wasn't running to daylight. I agree, he has lost a step or some quickness. But in this game, with the gimpy ankle, I think he was forced to run with a little more patience, ran to daylight, and could really only make one cut. IT HELPED. He wasn't running up his lineman's backs. He was patient for the whole and veered to daylight. Nice running.

On the flip side, Hunter was using his quicks, slashing inside and dashing outside -- which played to his strengths. That toss to Hunter to attack the edge early in the game was a great call.

Oh and by the way, great post - agree 100% with the review.
Gore has NOT lost a step. I dont get where you people are getting this from. Its clear that he's uncertain of where to go at times. He looks indecisive, not slow. This is a new blocking scheme people and going form man to zone is VERY difficult. Anyone who has actually played on the offensive side of the ball knows this.

Very difficut, and if you haven't noticed our line has been struggling. The more this line gels with one another, and the more our QB and receivers get comfortable with the offense, you will see the Gore we know and love! Sooner or later the line will gel and you saw on Sunday what Gore does when there is an actual hole to run through. And that was with an ankle sprain. If Gore was healthy and they ran the ball more he would have easily rushed for 2 hundy in that game. Easily!
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Oct 3, 2011 at 2:30 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
everyone is so happy we signed carlos rogers, but they keep callin him rodgers, aaron rodgers in GB is the only guy who spells his last name that way

Liar!

Jacquizz Rodgers, bam!

And there's also Rodgers-Cromartie
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Gore has NOT lost a step. I dont get where you people are getting this from. Its clear that he's uncertain of where to go at times. He looks indecisive, not slow. This is a new blocking scheme people and going form man to zone is VERY difficult. Anyone who has actually played on the offensive side of the ball knows this.

Very difficut, and if you haven't noticed our line has been struggling. The more this line gels with one another, and the more our QB and receivers get comfortable with the offense, you will see the Gore we know and love! Sooner or later the line will gel and you saw on Sunday what Gore does when there is an actual hole to run through. And that was with an ankle sprain. If Gore was healthy and they ran the ball more he would have easily rushed for 2 hundy in that game. Easily!

LOL. Nope. I didn't notice the line issues.

Dude, of COURSE the line has been a problem. Nobody is suggesting its ALL Frank Gore. If you can honestly look at him tho and say there is nothing different, then you go ahead and believe that. I'd prefer you were right anyway.

Thats not how it appears to me. Frank is still a very good player, I just don't thinks he's as dominant as he once was. No biggy...it happens to the best of them.

Again tho, if it turns out I'm wrong and he ends up being the same Frank, I'll be HAPPY to eat crow and say I was wrong. It'll be the best tasting crow I've ever eaten.
I look forward to your analysis every week! Keep it up and I look forward to the next addition.
Share 49ersWebzone