LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Mike & Mike in the morning

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Sal has always been a good professional sports reporter. Oh, and what a difference a coach makes.

I like Sal, a true pro and neutral in his reporting (well he is every time I happen to listen to him).
Originally posted by zainladha:
our d isnt bad

Our defensive backfield is very bad. Vick threw for over 400 yards. I love the front seven but our defensive backs make me want to . And unless the 49ers fix this problem the offense will be asked to make a lot more comebacks in the near future. But Ill enjoy this win all week and pray the DB's pick up their game real soon.
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:
Our defensive backfield is very bad. Vick threw for over 400 yards. I love the front seven but our defensive backs make me want to . And unless the 49ers fix this problem the offense will be asked to make a lot more comebacks in the near future. But Ill enjoy this win all week and pray the DB's pick up their game real soon.

They won't face speed like this very often, most qbs especially good ones do not have the escapability of Vick.
Originally posted by zainladha:
our d isnt bad

Vick thew for 400 yards because he can do things most QB's can't do. I thought our DB's played very well. Remember, we only gave up 3 points in the second half.

They won't face speed like this very often, most qbs especially good ones do not have the escapability of Vick.

exactly, the 9ers wont be facing a fast offense like this the remainder of the yr. the eagles have the fastest offense in the league, name me 1 defense that has NOT given up big plays to maclin and jackson as well look like fools trying to sack vick. i just hope in the future we can find a wr like maclin or jackson theyre awesome weapons to have
Good to see them give us some recognition, because we got absolutely none on First Take. Skip pretty much laughed us off, and it was all about the eagles and comparing Dallas to Philadelphia in terms of recognition.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

exactly, the 9ers wont be facing a fast offense like this the remainder of the yr. the eagles have the fastest offense in the league, name me 1 defense that has NOT given up big plays to maclin and jackson as well look like fools trying to sack vick. i just hope in the future we can find a wr like maclin or jackson theyre awesome weapons to have

They also threw it deep like 1000 times.

Our DB's were a part in only giving up 3 points in the second half.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Was listening to them on the way in to work and they had the Philly correspndant on, Sal Palentonio, and he gave props to the 49ers after they asked him about the game. He singled out Navarro Bowman as a tackling machine and said Aldon Smith whipped Jason Peters in the 4th quarter. He also talked about the timeout Harbaugh used with 1 second left in the 1st half. Said it sent a message to the players about how the 49ers will be competing every second in every game.

Damn it feels good. I don't want to get ahead of myself but this victory feels good and we as fans deserve this.

I also want to give props to Ronnie Brown and Alex Henery. I still can't believe Ronnie Brown tried to pass the ball back while getting tackled on the goal-line.

Interesting about the timeout. Many people were questioning that as were the announcers. Now it makes perfect sense.
Exactly.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Exactly.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
When he called that timeout before halftime Jim Mora jr was dogging him out. I didn't really think too much of it but if he was sending a message to the team it was a brillant move. Thats why Jim Mora Jr is in the broadcasting booth now.

I noticed that too, Mora jr and Billick both have questioned Harbaughs calls when they announced 49er games. Probably pissed they both got passed over for the 49er coaching job.

Originally posted by jimrat201:
When he called that timeout before halftime Jim Mora jr was dogging him out. I didn't really think too much of it but if he was sending a message to the team it was a brillant move. Thats why Jim Mora Jr is in the broadcasting booth now.

I noticed that too, Mora jr and Billick both have questioned Harbaughs calls when they announced 49er games. Probably pissed they both got passed over for the 49er coaching job.

mora jr is a bit of a loser, he took a pot shot at harbaugh yesterday during the game, forgot exactly what he was talking about but he said something like that might work in college but not in the pros, honestly i think hes bitter that hes not a HC right now, hes also taken pot shots at pete carroll, the guy who replaced him, last season

Maybe Mora should think outside the box a little. He might still have a coaching job if he did.
Originally posted by TheChozen:

Maybe Mora should think outside the box a little. He might still have a coaching job if he did.

Mora was a terrible coach and is an even worse commentator.
Exactly.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Exactly.

Well I hope all you guys are right. But I have seen some bad playing ( taking bad angles ) from the DB's in almost every game. On the 61 yarder given up by Terrell Brown and the 45 yarder given up by Madieu Williams, Vick did nothing special. He just dropped back an fired down field to way open Desean Jackson. Had Brown not got his hand on Jackson's ankle on the 61 yarder the 49ers are 2-2 because, Desean scores and the game is over IMO. And it didn't take the athletic Michael Vick we all hear about to make those plays happen. It was a simple throw and catch from Vick to Jackson. Those two plays alone net 106 of Vicks 416 passing yards. And again nothing special from Vick on those plays.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

What did that f**k say?

Mora said that the timeout was pointless. He questioned the call saying "that stuff may work in college, but not in the NFL".

In the end, it really didn't matter, but it sure got Mora all fired up at the time.

"it's just another way to get your players hurt."

i think he's still butt hurt that we chose Erickson over him.
Share 49ersWebzone