LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Who calls the plays....Roman or Harbaugh???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Is Harbaugh the one deciding on the plays to be called or is it Roman? Whoever it is, their play-calling has been very positive into getting confidence for Alex and getting us back into games. For me...I love seeing Harbaugh on the sideline with the play chart calling the plays.....sometimes gives me confidence...LoL.
roman. harbaugh relays them to smith
Walsh gives them to God, God gives them to Jesus, Jesus sends them to Jim.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

LMAO!!!!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
roman. harbaugh relays them to smith

But I would think that if Harbaugh doesn't like it...he has the play chart to change it??
Originally posted by Baldie:
But I would think that if Harbaugh doesn't like it...he has the play chart to change it??

I'm sure he has veto power, but he seems like he'll defer to Roman. He knows that Roman is up there, away from the intensity of the game, making good decisions. It's HIS coordinator and he has trust that he'll do a good job.

But based on what he did in Stanford, I imagine there's a lot of feedback and communication when they're making calls. So Harbaguh probably has a good hand in the play-calling.

Originally posted by Baldie:
Is Harbaugh the one deciding on the plays to be called or is it Roman? Whoever it is, their play-calling has been very positive into getting confidence for Alex and getting us back into games. For me...I love seeing Harbaugh on the sideline with the play chart calling the plays.....sometimes gives me confidence...LoL.

.I love seeing Harbaugh on the sideline with the play chart calling the plays. Somebody got a MANCRUSH on HARBAUGH. I knew I wasn't the only one.....
[ Edited by mrbigjoe on Oct 3, 2011 at 12:35 AM ]

god is jesus

winning!

In other words Scot Tolzien calls the plays
How screwed are we if this dude bails for a HC job next year? Is he the real brains of the operation?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
How screwed are we if this dude bails for a HC job next year? Is he the real brains of the operation?

I dont think he would get an offer that quick. There are other OCs in the league who would get looked at before a guy who only has 6 games under his belt as an OC
I think Roman does the co-game planning with Harbaugh, writes up the script, then during the game calls the plays down to Harbaugh, who will then relay it to Smith, with the wrinkle that Harbaugh will have veto power, based on down/distant/time situation. That's how they did it in Stanford...
Originally posted by valrod33:

In other words Scot Tolzien calls the plays

was waiting for this post.
Share 49ersWebzone