LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

49ers are ranked DEAD LAST in total offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Hmmmm surprisingly this thread turned into a thread about the qb.

Every time Shaj posts it turns into one.

Well your probably Smith's most adamant defender, it seems as if you take some of Smith's critiques personal or something.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Memphis, calm down bro, this is not a fight. I hope you realize you are telling me that the worst team in the NFL has been this wonderful place for Cam to land. If they were clicking so well, then they would not have been last. Quarterbacks make the rest of the offense work, not the other way around. The offense plays as the QB does. Good QBs make the entire offense look good, and bad QBs make the entire offense look bad. It's not that complicated.

It wasn't a bad place for him to land at all. They had all the pieces on offense, Steve Smith, Jeremy Shockey, Greg Olson, DeAngelo Williams, and the other running back, his name eludes me. The panther problems last year were injuries and defense, not that they had no talent. Quarterbacks make the passing game work, but in order for them to perform, they have to get some pass protection. I can understand you might not realize what problems the panthers had last year, you probably don't watch any of their games, I was subjugated to a few of them because the girl I was dating liked them. They were miles more talented than our team was in 2005 when we had the first pick. I like Cam, think he will be a pretty good qb, but I think those 400 yard games were anomalies, and I bet anyone on that team would trade them for wins.

Well your probably Smith's most adamant defender, it seems as if you take some of Smith's critiques personal or something.

I dont' think he's a Smith defender at all. Just a reasonable expectation of the team and its players defender. Without having residual of misguided perception of Smith from years past.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 28, 2011 at 10:22 AM ]
we're only last cuz we've played great defensive teams.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I dont' think he's a Smith defender at all. Just a reasonable expectation of the team and it's players defender. Without having residual of misguided perception of Smith from years past.

Well past performances is pretty much on par with current performances. Other then the decrease in the turnovers the rest is all the same, check down passes and no real chance taking. I also believe if JH were to take the training wheels off that the turnovers would return.
Blame Gore or the offensive line. Are we even getting 3 yards a carry?
Why we might be last in total yards, but its all about efficiency. Our offense doesn't turn over the ball which is why were tied at #1 for Take-Aways, Give-Aways (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/givetake/league/nfc). Our defense is good enough to make big plays and keep scoring low. If you win the turnover battle you have a great chance of winning any game.

The offense will open up eventually when harbaugh has more time to install his system but for now lets just keep winning ugly
Originally posted by Chief:
We rank dead last in yards, yes.

But we rank

1st in TO margin
8th in time of possesion
12th in points (Don't care how we got them points are points)

If our running game kicks in we will be fine.
Wow, 1st in Turnovers. Good number there. We are also 2-1 in the W and L numbers. The most important stat
Originally posted by Shaj:
Memphis, calm down bro, this is not a fight. I hope you realize you are telling me that the worst team in the NFL has been this wonderful place for Cam to land. If they were clicking so well, then they would not have been last. Quarterbacks make the rest of the offense work, not the other way around. The offense plays as the QB does. Good QBs make the entire offense look good, and bad QBs make the entire offense look bad. It's not that complicated.

It wasn't a bad place for him to land at all. They had all the pieces on offense, Steve Smith, Jeremy Shockey, Greg Olson, DeAngelo Williams, and the other running back, his name eludes me. The panther problems last year were injuries and defense, not that they had no talent. Quarterbacks make the passing game work, but in order for them to perform, they have to get some pass protection. I can understand you might not realize what problems the panthers had last year, you probably don't watch any of their games, I was subjugated to a few of them because the girl I was dating liked them. They were miles more talented than our team was in 2005 when we had the first pick. I like Cam, think he will be a pretty good qb, but I think those 400 yard games were anomalies, and I bet anyone on that team would trade them for wins.

Smith has had Gore, Vernon Davis, and Crabtree and will soon have Edwards. Still don't know how the talent around Alex Smith is downgraded. I all honesty, Smith has better talent around him that creates more mismatches for defenses.
we still have a winning record and should be undefeated if our defense could actually hold against dallas. dont trip

• dj43
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
We need to get our Oline fixed and fast.

And that's all that needs saying!

yep
Originally posted by Jamespowers:

But we rank

1st in TO margin
8th in time of possesion

Wow, 1st in Turnovers. Good number there. We are also 2-1 in the W and L numbers. The most important stat

For now. Turnovers is a primary reason we have played well. I rarely take that as a good thing. All a good team needs to do is secure the ball and they will most likely beat us because rarely does a team keep up with their turnover ratio. I'll take it, but turnovers hide many deficiencies a team has.
  • dj43
Too bad we all seem to be suffering from short-term memory loss.

It has been clear ever since last February that it would be mid-season before things began to click on offense. It just takes a long time to put things in place to have the kind of offense that rolls up point. For now, 3-3 at the by week is what we should all be realistically expecting. Anything better than that would be icing on the cake.

After the bye, with all the intermittent practice time, we can then begin to judge more accurately. For now, this is all rather meaningless. We know better...or we should. Enough with the chicken little routine.

But we rank

1st in TO margin
8th in time of possesion

8th in time of possession is huge too, the longer we have the ball obviously the other team doesn't have a chance to score
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by dj43:
Too bad we all seem to be suffering from short-term memory loss.

It has been clear ever since last February that it would be mid-season before things began to click on offense. It just takes a long time to put things in place to have the kind of offense that rolls up point. For now, 3-3 at the by week is what we should all be realistically expecting. Anything better than that would be icing on the cake.

After the bye, with all the intermittent practice time, we can then begin to judge more accurately. For now, this is all rather meaningless. We know better...or we should. Enough with the chicken little routine.

That may be true or may not but I doubt this offense will ever be elite with 11 under center.
Share 49ersWebzone