LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

!!!!!! VIDEO OF ALL NEW ORLEANS OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE DRIVES UP !!!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thanks Whomeam, I Love You
this is great, thanks.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Yeah, thanks Whomeam. You're a cool dude. I don't care what everyone else was saying about you.
This is good stuff!

Man why don't players try to bat it to their teammates in this situation? How sick would that have been?

http://youtu.be/2f-0zbZl1gM?t=5m9s
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yeah, when I watched the game live it felt like we did a lot worse than we actually did. Watching these videos back (I forgot to add, I accidentally cut out one of the field goals, sorry) it was the really fixable stuff that screwed us over. Especially the drops by Crabtree and Gore and then the penalties on Rachal.

Totally...and loved the "Shuuuuuut up!" insert too!

Hahahaha I was wondering if someone would catch that. Had to do it.

I lold
Thanks Whomean! You now have earned the responsibility of doing this for every game, or else we will be sad.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Thanks Whomean! You now have earned the responsibility of doing this for every game, or else we will be sad.

this
That is a responsibility I will gladly bear.
[ Edited by Whomeam on Sep 29, 2011 at 9:29 AM ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by verb1der:

this

that
thanks so much for these videos man! I know a lot of people wont like this but Alex had one hell of a game; 1 bad pass all game, maybe 2...

Whomeam, can you please work your magic and post the play of Crabtree dropping a pass in the 3rd qtr along with the replays from different angles?

Here's the play (I would like to see the replays as well).
http://youtu.be/K8hjWOEWcio?t=2m23s
I would love to do 1080p but I don't have a laptop and this netbook can't handle those kinda things, sorry.

I was going to ask, do you guys want me to just edit the first post each week, or do you want me to make a new thread for each game? I'm fine with whichever works best for everyone. I had planned to edit the first post and make a new post in here once all the videos were up for each side (second half defense is converting to youtube format right now by the way) but didn't know how I should handle it after Sundays game.

Definitely just update the first post every week instead of making a new thread every week. Much easier.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
on the first play of the second half video....it looks like Alex was determined to hit the FB the whole time...but if you look Vernon was about to be WIDE open for a big gain.

I know that is just one play...but I just feel Alex leaves potential game changing plays on the field.

yeah i seen that. vd would have been wide open for a gain of like 20+... but this did happen on a play where we gained like 9 yards. if it came on a play where he held the ball too long and got sacked, i'd hold it against him.

don't get me wrong, I took that into consideration....but against better teams, we need to get every 1st down we can get....and if a potential big play is out there, we have to take advantage. Only because, although (I'm presuming) we got that first down that drive, against another tough team, we might not.

also, it keeps the defense worried about players running past them past 15 yards, and it might leave that underneath stuff more available...and maybe the receivers who catch it will have more room to run for important extra yards.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 29, 2011 at 3:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Method:
on the first play of the second half video....it looks like Alex was determined to hit the FB the whole time...but if you look Vernon was about to be WIDE open for a big gain.

I know that is just one play...but I just feel Alex leaves potential game changing plays on the field.

yeah i seen that. vd would have been wide open for a gain of like 20+... but this did happen on a play where we gained like 9 yards. if it came on a play where he held the ball too long and got sacked, i'd hold it against him.

don't get me wrong, I took that into consideration....but against better teams, we need to get every 1st down we can get....and if a potential big play is out there, we have to take advantage. Only because, although (I'm presuming) we got that first down that drive, against another tough team, we might not.

also, it keeps the defense worried about players running past them past 15 yards, and it might leave that underneath stuff more available...and maybe the receivers who catch it will have more room to run for important extra yards.

Alex Smith still has yet to be a post snap QB. He lines up, reads the defense, makes his assumption as to who's going to be open and rarely defers from that. That's fine with me because the post snap stuff will be something he learns in time.

Here's what he should be doing once more comfortable in the pocket.

1. Read defense
2. Assume FB (3rd option) will be open
3. STILL goes through his 1st and 2nd read just to see if they will also get open for a deeper completion, otherwise go to step 4
4. Easy blind throw to the 3rd option (Montana style)
Wow after watching the 2nd half of the offensive I've realized:

1) Alex Smith has no doubt improved greatly and really knows his reads
2) The o-line is playing terrible. Sorry Staley.
3) Somethings not right with Gore. His heads not in the game
4) Vernon needs to get more looks than anyone else on the team.
5) Crabtree has no one to blame but himself for why he's not an elite WR. He drops way too many balls. But you can see the potential is there.
Share 49ersWebzone