LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Completely new Staff & Playbook. No offseason. Same terrible QB....and yet...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • THEB
  • Veteran
We're still not 0-5.

I know i know, we havnt beaten anyone worth talking about, but with a completely new system, a pro bowl RB that hasnt produced crap, a bad QB (who hasnt been bad at all this season), i say we arent doing half bad.

The Iggles will be a real test of our ability. Even though they havnt proven jack s**t this season. for some reason everyone (sports analysists) thinks theyre hot s**t. I think we will go in there and smash vick into the ground (if he plays).

So what if we beat the eagles? Will we earn respect, or will it be an "off day" for the eagles?

People tend to forget that we lost 4 games last year by 3 points or less under a "play not to lose" minded coach. Whos to say last year we wouldnt have been 10-6 in stead of 6-10 if we could have won those 4 CLOSE games? 4 easily winnable games that were literally given away by a terrible coach.

This year i think we have a BETTER coaching staff, a BETTER playbook, a BETTER defense, a BETTER quarterback, and BETTER Weapons on offense.

I see us easily having a 10-6 season this year, if not better. We had it last year (theoretically) and the whole system this year is just plain better.
[ Edited by THEB on Sep 25, 2011 at 6:10 PM ]
We're not 0-5 because we played two absolutely horrendous teams so far. Last year's 49ers did not have that luxury.
the only talking heads that will show love are the "homers", we wont get respect until we hit the playoffs
Originally posted by zillabeast:
We're not 0-5 because we played two absolutely horrendous teams so far. Last year's 49ers did not have that luxury.

yeah they played bad teams last year dude... we got blown out by the seahawks. 7-9 team.

Not to mention the fact we only played 3 games.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
You mean a team so horrendous that they won the west last year and beat the saints in the playoffs? oh yeah they're TERRI-BAD.

No we have 2 out of 3 wins because Alex Smith has become a franchise QB overnight and we should all feel so happy about this. Without Alex the 49ers are 0-3.

we also lost the the worst team in football last year.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Sometimes i wonder why some of these people are even fans? You want to hate a team go be a raiders fan.
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:

No we have 2 out of 3 wins because Alex Smith has become a franchise QB overnight and we should all feel so happy about this. Without Alex the 49ers are 0-3.

Actually if our Defense stops the Cowboys last week, we would be 3-0 and without Alex the 49ers would be 0-3 actually has some truth to it.
[ Edited by gamechanger on Sep 25, 2011 at 6:19 PM ]

Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:

We are one of the worst teams in the league. We suck and the homer zoners need to wake up. We barely beat this pathetic bengals team. Nice to know that when we sell out our stadium half the fans that show up are from the other team. Watch the raider game today. 62,000 insane fans. All wearing black. You didnt dare wear green in that stadium today. You'd be run out of the stadium. We are pathetic as a fan base, our owners suck and our players are average at best. We will get pancaked next week against a motivated eagles team, with or without Vick. A one handed Vick is better than a 2 handed Alex smith
Originally posted by THEB:
Sometimes i wonder why some of these people are even fans? You want to hate a team go be a raiders fan.

Sometimes I wonder why the heck fans seem to be ok with the 49ers being nothing more than a mediocre team who skims by week to week. These are the Forty f**king Niners we're talking about, a team built on championships and greatness. Win at Philly next week, and then they have proven something.

All this nonsense about rebuilding? This is a team that is already loaded with the talent they need to get to the next level. Harbaugh was brought in to get them to that next level, not REBUILD. So far, all I see is Singletary's team with a lot less flare.
Originally posted by jreff22:
the only talking heads that will show love are the "homers", we wont get respect until we hit the playoffs

This. Gotta win to get respect
Originally posted by whatawegot:
We are one of the worst teams in the league. We suck and the homer zoners need to wake up. We barely beat this pathetic bengals team. Nice to know that when we sell out our stadium half the fans that show up are from the other team. Watch the raider game today. 62,000 insane fans. All wearing black. You didnt dare wear green in that stadium today. You'd be run out of the stadium. We are pathetic as a fan base, our owners suck and our players are average at best. We will get pancaked next week against a motivated eagles team, with or without Vick. A one handed Vick is better than a 2 handed Alex smith

alex has better stats better passer rating and a better qbr and led team to a better record
Share 49ersWebzone