There are 198 users in the forums

Smitty, yay Smitty 1st half-2nd half stats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jiks
More Math coming in a sec. If I'm not mistaken Alex has contributed to about 75-80% of our offense.
Originally posted by 804Niner:
The guy is still not as accurate as he should be WHEN HE SHOULD BE!

Alex Smith plays as a very good NFL QB when he has time and a pocket to work from.

Alex Smith's accuracy drops dramatically when he gets hit a lot and has pressure. If I was a defensive coordinator, I'd blitz Alex Smith every down until he proves otherwise that he won't fold.
Originally posted by mac707g:
Don't be retarded. The reason we would've gotten killed by a good team in this game has nothing to do with QB play and has everything to do with drops, stupid penalties and Frank Gore being a shell of his former self. Oh, and crappy play calling for the first 3 quarters.

in the first half we had hirrible field position (inside 15 yard line) and on top of that we had so many false starts and holdings

thats what held up our offense in the first half
Originally posted by rserda:
It's pretty funny, before the haters would say the only important stat is wins. Alex is 2-1 so far this season and now the most important stat is yards. I'm confused which one is it? I prefer wins over yards.

this
  • rserda
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
More Math coming in a sec. If I'm not mistaken Alex has contributed to about 75-80% of our offense.

Get out of here with your positive thinking! Alex Smith sucks no matter WHAT!!!
Originally posted by niners94:
Smith is our rock now. Gore's time has passed.

this.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
How many oh those incompletes were drops?

1 by Gore, 2 by Crabtree, 1 by Morgan, 1 by VD if im not mistaken. The first drop by Crabs was pretty low but catchable so it gets a .5.

A drop is a drop.

Also, Delanie had a drop too. That makes 7 drops.
  • rserda
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

1 by Gore, 2 by Crabtree, 1 by Morgan, 1 by VD if im not mistaken. The first drop by Crabs was pretty low but catchable so it gets a .5.

A drop is a drop.

So you're saying that 7 out of the 10 incompletions were drops?
Originally posted by rserda:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

A drop is a drop.

So you're saying that 7 out of the 10 incompletions were drops?

Originally posted by susweel:
He played just good enough to just beat a crap team sorry if I'm not impressed. If we played a good team we would have gotten killed with that performance.

Your a little testy after a win on the road.

We got robbed on tha t Craptree T.D.
stats are basically pointless when it comes to yardage if it does not result in points. who cares if a qb throws for 3 tds or a running back runs for over 100 yards if it does not result in a win. I could care less about stats unless they are negative ones such as turnovers penalties ect. that cost of the game. Smith is playing decent football. if they would open the playbook (which i pray they do asap) smith could have better stats but who gives a crap ..a win is a win.. this is a team sport not a individual sport that depends on one person. Fans are too worried about style points. Our offense did what we had to do to win the game and the defense played good to secure it. thats all that matters
Stats lol... Still fails to stop locking on to one WR.. Doesn't go through progressions, still afraid to make a mistake, for some reason hardly throws to wrs 10 yards down the field, plus it was the begals d and he failed to put up points

There's more that goes into QB play than stats
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Pretty easy to do when only get about 200 yards of total offense and your the qb.

Lmao at you Alex fanboys trying to build up an average to below average qb. He's game manager nothing more then that.
  • Jiks

Seattle

Alex Smith-124 yards, 22 rushing yards

Total Yardage-209 yards

Dallas

Alex Smith-179 passing yards, 21 rushing yards

Total Yardage-206 yards

Cincy

Alex Smith-201 yards

Total Yardage-226 yards

Alex Smith-547 yards

Total Offense-641 yards

Alex Smith 85% of the offense....