LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Should we trade Vernon Davis?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should we trade Vernon Davis?

stupid f**king thread
  • Veteran
We shouldn't trade away our best offensive player, but if the price is right, why not!!
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
stupid f**king thread

^^
Secretly trade away Davis. Give his number to Walker. Have him streak down the middle as a decoy all season, but just pass to your WRs. It's pretty much the way we use him now anyway, and we will save a boat load of money.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Would not trade for anybody on earth. He had 20 TD's and nearly 1,000 yards in 2 consecutive years. This with SingleBrainCell and sub par QB's and very poor O Lines. Put a QB in the lineup with offensive line protection and Harbaugh actually utilizing him rather than just a blocker and he will set the world on fire.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Secretly trade away Davis. Give his number to Walker. Have him streak down the middle as a decoy all season, but just pass to your WRs. It's pretty much the way we use him now anyway, and we will save a boat load of money.

And d walk could branch off and run a post route, and the defense will be surprised.
If this offense does not blossom by the end of the season, there is no player on the offense I would consider safe. If this team doesn't finish with more than 6 wins NO one should be safe. I think it is to soon to talk like this, save it for the off season!
The only thing we should trade vernon for is a position...ie, trade him over to WR, and let him catch tons of dinks and dunks and then watch what he can do with the ball. His getting separation on 5-7 step drops has been a problem but we hardly ever throw to him with a one stepper, say 10 times a game. Want to make the OL look a lot better? Move vernon over to WR,(where he plays on occasion), and start throwing a 1 step drop pass to him...ie he has to be looking for the ball the moment he leaves the LOS. Do that consistently , and watch the box 8 suddenly return to a 3-4 or 4-3. Our running game will open up too. Look, braylon is gone, Craps is, well....not really all that interested , and that leaves morgan...or frank. Put Vernon out there, throw him quick hitters, and watch. I guarantee that is something that has not been done with him, and my bet is he would perform well. As soon as they double him hit morgan...or frank..or Delainie, or run frank. That isn't rocket science, it is simple to try....and then repeat...a lot.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
The only thing we should trade vernon for is a position...ie, trade him over to WR, and let him catch tons of dinks and dunks and then watch what he can do with the ball. His getting separation on 5-7 step drops has been a problem but we hardly ever throw to him with a one stepper, say 10 times a game. Want to make the OL look a lot better? Move vernon over to WR,(where he plays on occasion), and start throwing a 1 step drop pass to him...ie he has to be looking for the ball the moment he leaves the LOS. Do that consistently , and watch the box 8 suddenly return to a 3-4 or 4-3. Our running game will open up too. Look, braylon is gone, Craps is, well....not really all that interested , and that leaves morgan...or frank. Put Vernon out there, throw him quick hitters, and watch. I guarantee that is something that has not been done with him, and my bet is he would perform well. As soon as they double him hit morgan...or frank..or Delainie, or run frank. That isn't rocket science, it is simple to try....and then repeat...a lot.
Either that or talk him out of looking like a sculpture, make him gain 40 pounds and become our new Left Tackle.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
^^

^^^

I still can't believe you all are happy about a player who is 6'5", 255 lbs who runs a 4.38 forty and ONLY gets 900 yards receiving under 60 catches.

With numbers like that, he should be getting at least 80 catches and 1300 yards. Eric Johnson was a better and more reliable TE.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
If this offense does not blossom by the end of the season, there is no player on the offense I would consider safe. If this team doesn't finish with more than 6 wins NO one should be safe. I think it is to soon to talk like this, save it for the off season!

Best post on this page.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I still can't believe you all are happy about a player who is 6'5", 255 lbs who runs a 4.38 forty and ONLY gets 900 yards receiving under 60 catches.

With numbers like that, he should be getting at least 80 catches and 1300 yards. Eric Johnson was a better and more reliable TE.

Originally posted by QBguru:
Wow. I got warned for calling a Guy a moron cuz he stated that VD is the DHB of tight ends.

He stated his opinion. I am simply stating mine.

Geez this board is turning into panzies with rules like the NFL with their dumb qb protection rules lol.

You guys(girly men posters, not everyone) have more sand in your vajayjays than crabtree and Jonas Jennings put together.

That's it. I'm out.

QbGuru is burning everynight at 12 am Pacific time

Its just a warning it means nothing lol. If only people could get warnings for making idiotic statements.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Share 49ersWebzone