LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Should we trade Vernon Davis?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should we trade Vernon Davis?

fascinating topic
I dont really think this thread has gone in the right direction. Instead of comparing Vernon to other tight ends as far as productivity, lets think about how the trade would effect the team if he was traded for an elite player in almost any of our need positions. Add this to the fact that we have a servicable TE in Walker, who may fit the west coast mold beter than VD. VD is a good tight end, but i do question his productivity in the WCO.

Pass rusher>TE (aldon may fill the role nicely, but you can never have to many pass rushers)
QB>TE
CB>TE
NT>TE
WR>TE (this one is arguable inside the WCO but i would rather have walker and a top WR, instead of VD and the WR we have.)

I don't question weather or not VD is one of the beter and gifted TE in this league. I question whether his presence inside the WCO would be worth him staying over other positions of need. This is maden talk though because i dont see him going anywhere. I just hope he can convert into the WCO TE that we need.
Wow. I got warned for calling a Guy a moron cuz he stated that VD is the DHB of tight ends.

He stated his opinion. I am simply stating mine.

Geez this board is turning into panzies with rules like the NFL with their dumb qb protection rules lol.

You guys(girly men posters, not everyone) have more sand in your vajayjays than crabtree and Jonas Jennings put together.

That's it. I'm out.

QbGuru is burning everynight at 12 am Pacific time
Would not trade for anybody on earth. He had 20 TD's and nearly 1,000 yards in 2 consecutive years. This with SingleBrainCell and sub par QB's and very poor O Lines. Put a QB in the lineup with offensive line protection and Harbaugh actually utilizing him rather than just a blocker and he will set the world on fire.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Would not trade for anybody on earth. He had 20 TD's and nearly 1,000 yards in 2 consecutive years. This with SingleBrainCell and sub par QB's and very poor O Lines. Put a QB in the lineup with offensive line protection and Harbaugh actually utilizing him rather than just a blocker and he will set the world on fire.

Thats just ridiculous. So NE offers up Tom...you say no?
I'm worried that if he is not happy with harbaugh utilizing him as a pass catcher this season, then he might ask for a trade. No bueno.
Originally posted by QBguru:
I'm worried that if he is not happy with harbaugh utilizing him as a pass catcher this season, then he might ask for a trade. No bueno.

Not gonna happen. As competitive as he is i think he is a great team player as well. Im sure he doesnt like being used as a blocker this much...but if we are winning im sure he would block all day long with a smile on his face. He's become quite the team player.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by QBguru:

Not gonna happen. As competitive as he is i think he is a great team player as well. Im sure he doesnt like being used as a blocker this much...but if we are winning im sure he would block all day long with a smile on his face. He's become quite the team player.

Idk about that bro. He didn't seem to have a smile on his face when he was left into block against DAL.

Quite the contrary. Beat writers even wrote in a few articles about how he wasn't happy how he was being used.

Imagine a whole season like that.
we lost. A tough loss at that. Being Frustrated and talking to your first year HC about your frustration is one thing. Asking for a trade and turning you back on your teammates is a totally different matter.
when he burns the bengals this week this thread will disappear

I never said within a few weeks he'd ask to be traded thus turning his back on his teamates. If that's what you're implying?

It would take a full season for something like that to happen, if it ever did happen.

He knows harbaugh will be here at least 3 more years. He just wants to feel that he is apart of this offensive scheme. We

We don't pay him top te money just to be primarily a blocker ya feel me?
I dont really think this thread has gone in the right direction. Instead of comparing Vernon to other tight ends as far as productivity, lets think about how the trade would effect the team if he was traded for an elite player in almost any of our need positions. Add this to the fact that we have a servicable TE in Walker, who may fit the west coast mold beter than VD. VD is a good tight end, but i do question his productivity in the WCO.

Pass rusher>TE (aldon may fill the role nicely, but you can never have to many pass rushers)
QB>TE
CB>TE
NT>TE
WR>TE (this one is arguable inside the WCO but i would rather have walker and a top WR, instead of VD and the WR we have.)

I don't question weather or not VD is one of the beter and gifted TE in this league. I question whether his presence inside the WCO would be worth him staying over other positions of need. This is maden talk though because i dont see him going anywhere. I just hope he can convert into the WCO TE that we need.

When in the NFL do teams trade elite players for elite players? Never.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

QB>TE
CB>TE
NT>TE

When in the NFL do teams trade elite players for elite players? Never.

Yep your right. That's why i said this is all madden talk.
We should trade the OP for some Bengal forum member who can whine about Cincy and make us all feel better about our chances this week.
I s**t on this thread.
Share 49ersWebzone