LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Bad snap vs Cowboys video

Shop Find 49ers gear online

This is the kinda thing im talking about when i say, Alex has gotten better.

Old Alex would 9/10 times throw it away, or get sacked/turn the ball over.
But look at him now, keeping the play alive, and making a good throw for a big gain.

Great leadership, athleticism, and intelligence on Smith's part.
By the time he got the ball and turned up field it looked like he was 20+ yards behind the line of scrimmage. He looked poised and didn't panic. Great job.
If Harbaughs support develops some confidence hopefully we will see Alex blossom into a quality QB. If not we will see a game manager. If we could get 5-10 more completions a game it would be great. So we will see if Harbaugh gets some more action out of Smith.
He has shown he's very capable of doing this on other occasions.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d814091a8/Smith-to-Hill-TD

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d814942a2/Smith-scrambles-throws-scores
If he keeps looking as good as he has and keeps making plays like this , I wouldn't mind him being back next season at all.
Originally posted by gamechanger:

That's a great recovery from a bad situation. That is a quarterback making a play.
Nice, forgot about this one.
Now if he can do that going to his left
hes had a couple of plays so far this year where u could tell in years past he wouldnt have made them, this being one of them, a play or two in the seattle game using his legs and also that play vs seattle where he threw to VD on the back shoulder on the sideline just out of reach of aaron curry. not an alex fan boy just pointing out i've seen a few examples of improvement

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

He has, the throw to Gore against the Seahawks in 2006.
The single best play Smith has had as a pro. Even the ball cooperated by bouncing up to him! Thanks for posting this as many who did not see it will appreciate the athleticism and calmness (?) he displayed.

Hmm...perhaps this can be the way for Smith to get more than 1 second to throw the ball! Just hike it over his head, he runs back twenty yards and then throws a fifty yard pass. Sounds like a plan!
Originally posted by gamechanger:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

He has, the throw to Gore against the Seahawks in 2006.

Yeah, I think I remembered that one. Smith was in trouble, he spotted Gore with his hands up down the sideline. I think he rainbow the pass over one a defender to Gore, who went on to score. But this is Smith we are talking about so ... my glaucoma, degenerated muscle tissue grandpa could have made those.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 20, 2011 at 7:51 PM ]
Yep now only if he did this kind of thing in the 4th qtr, maybe we would have won the game.....
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Yep now only if he did this kind of thing in the 4th qtr, maybe we would have won the game.....

Hell no, only if we are behind in the game. Did you not remember the Tennessee game a few years back
Share 49ersWebzone