There are 197 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CINCINNATI BENGALS PRE-GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
All I know is no one on Cinci's defense can cover Vernon.

All they need to do is double him. He ain't no Whitten. Sometimes, Vernon covers himself.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

All they need to do is double him. He ain't no Whitten. Sometimes, Vernon covers himself.

They couldn't cover Ben Watson and Evan Moore for fricks sake. They sure as heck shouldn't be able to cover Vernon and Delanie. If we don't exploit that, we're morons.

I know, but I have a feeling we aren't going to exploit maybe 1 or 2 times and then we are going to run, check down, and run again.

Taylor mays
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:

Taylor mays

I see what you're doing there buddy. Besides he's hurt
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
What happened to the seem pass to vd, that was something Smith was actually good at.
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Originally posted by Uppercut:
The Bengals are better than the 49ers. Harsh Reality.

Are u on f**kin crack?

Alex>Dalton...Yes.
Gore>Benson
Braylon+Crabs+Morgan>Whoever the f**k they have
Justin Smith and Co. > Whoerver and Co.
Willis&Co.>Malaulaga&Co.
Goldson+Rogers+Whitner>Clements+Mays whoever else
Andy Lee>Whoever
Akers>Whoever
Ginn>Whoever.

Case f**kin Closed

Thank you Dana White.

Back to you, Joe.
Damn! Eff you Sing! We could have gotten some nice extra picks for that 2nd rounder. Baalke was mad.

Lord Baalke had the last call, so just as much anger should be directed toward him.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Damn! Eff you Sing! We could have gotten some nice extra picks for that 2nd rounder. Baalke was mad.

Lord Baalke had the last call, so just as much anger should be directed toward him.

I'm probably wrong, but for some reason I remember Singletary having the final say on the roster
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Originally posted by Uppercut:
The Bengals are better than the 49ers. Harsh Reality.

Are u on f**kin crack?

Alex>Dalton...Yes.
Gore>Benson
Braylon+Crabs+Morgan>Whoever the f**k they have
Justin Smith and Co. > Whoerver and Co.
Willis&Co.>Malaulaga&Co.
Goldson+Rogers+Whitner>Clements+Mays whoever else
Andy Lee>Whoever
Akers>Whoever
Ginn>Whoever.

Case f**kin Closed

Thank you Dana White.

Back to you, Joe.

don't forget,

their home crowd >>>>>>>>>>whoever the hell didn't show up to our home games.
Originally posted by samoan49er:
I'm probably wrong, but for some reason I remember Singletary having the final say on the roster

Mike Maiocco discussed this during the offseason, stating that Baalke had the final call on all draftees. He simply capitulated to Singletary. Bad move. I had Morgan Burnett as the best safety on the board at that point, and an early second round value. He has been pretty excellent this year for the Packers.

Just let the MadDog run the draft.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Thats what I think as well but the masses believe a rookie HC without any scouting experience had all final say on draft choices.

Mike Maiocco discussed this during the offseason, stating that Baalke had the final call on all draftees. He simply capitulated to Singletary. Bad move. I had Morgan Burnett as the best safety on the board at that point, and an early second round value. He has been pretty excellent this year for the Packers.

Just let the MadDog run the draft.

+1, I also liked the dude from lsu who wound up getting in a car accident. thought mays was terrible.

I've heard conflicting reports. I remember in off season interviews after the Singletary hire when either one of them was asked about the roster control issue there was never a straight answer. They both waxed poetic about collaboration and mutual input and it all sounded pretty muddled. I have to believe if Baalke had final say and didn't want Mays . . . we wouldn't have picked Mays.

So my mad deductive reasoning skills tell me Singletary had some say based on how quick Mays got kicked to the curb this summer.
Originally posted by susweel:

Thats what I think as well but the masses believe a rookie HC without any scouting experience had all final say on draft choices.

That's because he did:

With no General Manager in San Francisco and Trent Baalke elevated to the position of V.P. of player personnel, team president and CEO Jed York said Thursday that coach Mike Singletary will have control over the team's 53-man roster.

Source

Not that I expect any of this to slow down the "Blame Baalke" train.

**EDIT**

Sing's ineptness with making roster decisions likely explains why Harbaugh doesn't have roster control. Maybe the front office learned that giving a rookie head coach full personnel powers isn't exactly a good idea.
[ Edited by baltien on Sep 21, 2011 at 12:56 PM ]
Everyone and their bad feelings. lol. I have a feeling that the Niners win this game fairly easily. Niners 28 Bengals 17.
Share 49ersWebzone