LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Why did Harbaugh take the 3 points instead of taking a 15 yard penalty?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Why did Harbaugh take the 3 points instead of taking a 15 yard penalty?

college coachs suck...15 yd penalties are found treasures...nfl is 30 point league...score 30 you win..10 field goals = 30...
four touchdowns and 1 field goal =31 you win
I keep thinking about how crappy of a decision Harbaugh made! He should have taken the ball at the Dallas 22, ran some more time off the clock, tried for another first down, and then kick a shorter field goal if necessary. All of this could have been low risk.

I still like Harbaugh, but I wish he would learn in practice instead of during the real games. The Niners SHOULD have won this game! No doubt!
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I didn't blame alex, because you cannot throw a 7 step drop back pass when the D is on top of you the moment you turn around. This is coaching error, pure and simple. It is absolutely inconceivable that Harbaugh couldn't see 4 guys with their hands in the dirt, and 4 or 5 other guys standing right beside them. Ball is snapped and at least 3 guys break thru the LOS, and unless alex unloads in a split second he was toast. Worse, when the box 8(or sometimes 9) is coming, then that automatically shuts down a run between the tackles for frank. And Harbaugh must have called one of those two plays at least 10 to 15 times, against the box 8. The ONE time alex came to the line, saw the box 8 and thru a 1 step pass to Morgan it went for 13 yds. That is the play that SHOULD have been called, each and every time the cowboys put 8 guys on the LOS. This is coaching error, guys , whether Harbaugh didn't recognize it, or didn't know what to do with it( I have a hard time believing that)...the outcome was always the same: either alex got sacked, hurried, hit or all the above , or FRank got stoned at LOS.

In retrospect, I almost wonder if our new OC up in the coaching box didn't know what was going on. He's been a college OC at a big time O factory for college kids, and maybe HE was the culprit here. Whatever, whoever, was responsible, when JH reviews these tapes the Box 8 is going to stand out like a sore thumb and he will see why his handoffs to frank and deep pass dropbacks all got canned. It wasn't that hard to see or figure out. Why didn't harbaugh see it? Noln, singletary...I can understand that. But JH? that is a puzzler. Bet on this: he either fixes our repsonse to box 8 or he is going to see it all game every game until he does fix it.

or maybe it was because our #1 and #2 wrs were not playing..........

nothing crabs and edwards wouldnt have fixed if they were playing. we faced 8 and 9 man fronts because nobody at wr scared them so they just focused on gore and we didnt even use vd in the passing game.

it had nothing to do with our coaches and everything to do with our personel and anybody should recognize that.
[ Edited by OptimusPrime52 on Sep 19, 2011 at 9:55 AM ]
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
or maybe it was because our #1 and #2 wrs were not playing..........

I dont think that is the reason, in the first half after braylon was out, alex was still slinging the rock and we looked pretty good. If anything we should blame VD for not showing up at all yet this season.

or blame our constant singletarian gameplans.
Originally posted by b9er37:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
the decision alone did not lose us the game, but it certainly didn't help either. Lets move on.

For real. I expected to lose this game when I saw the schedule. This team is much improved under Jim. Just look at how few penalties and just dumb plays compared to last year.

yes. Anthony Davis has been pleasantly invisible.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I dont think that is the reason, in the first half after braylon was out, alex was still slinging the rock and we looked pretty good. If anything we should blame VD for not showing up at all yet this season.

that. Also Kyle Williams is probably better than Crabtree anyway. Just my opinion though. Also, VD needs to be MUCH more involved.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

that. Also Kyle Williams is probably better than Crabtree anyway. Just my opinion though. Also, VD needs to be MUCH more involved.

kyle williams with 2 career catches is better then crabs? omg i cant handle this place. everyone here is medical.

you dont think we were facing 8 and 9 man fronts because of our lack of starting wrs?
Originally posted by Pick6:
I laugh at the people who say it show's a lack of faith in the Offense... really? Are you sure that it doesn't show that he believes in his Defense? If he accepts the penalty does that mean he doesn't have faith in his Defenses ability to stop the cowboys?

Share 49ersWebzone