LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 200 users in the forums

Justin Smith, one of the all-time best 49er defensive linemen appreciation thread.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
yah

u still banned from the PL ?

I prefer to call it tough love......I'm giving them the opportunity to understand just how much they miss me.....
they should have a special wing in the hof for justin
Oh Heck yeah Justin Smith gets in the Hall 5 years after retirement. Show me One Defensive Lineman from 2001 to 2014 who is BETTER?? There Are NONE!! Justin has been an AMZING Player and One of My ALLTIME FAVORITES!!! He does sooooooooo much that doesn't go on the stat sheets. And he also has the stats to back him up. I wish the 49ers would use him more as an edge rusher instead of always having to be double teamed at DT. Love this MAN!!! LOVE THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
49ers Staff

Defensive tackle Justin Smith said he is healthier right now than he was at this point of the past two seasons. But the veteran pass-rusher said he wont consider his plans for 2015 until the spring. '15 would be his 15th campaign in the NFL.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
49ers Staff

Defensive tackle Justin Smith said he is healthier right now than he was at this point of the past two seasons. But the veteran pass-rusher said he wont consider his plans for 2015 until the spring. '15 would be his 15th campaign in the NFL.

He is at a point whereby he can retire anytime he wants. He already gave 2 more years to the 9ers when he went into Baalke's office himself without his agent and got his existing deal done. But, the guy is not stupid, at that point he saw how close the 9ers was in winning a Super Bowl. And now ? He can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Do you see the 9ers winning another Super Bowl anytime soon ? I don't, just being honest, at least not until we get rid of Kap and draft a promising QB together with a new coaching staff. That is only the starting point, do I know whether the new QB and the new coaching staff will make this team better ? No, I don't, it could be worse for all I know. But, this is football and that's the chance you got to take in order to win.
^^^^^^^^^
Our defensive depth next year could be the greatest of all time, and a lot will happen before next season. I have no clue what our offense is going to do to improve itself next week much less next year but I hope cowboy is in the fold.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by DeUh:
49ers Staff

He is at a point whereby he can retire anytime he wants. He already gave 2 more years to the 9ers when he went into Baalke's office himself without his agent and got his existing deal done. But, the guy is not stupid, at that point he saw how close the 9ers was in winning a Super Bowl. And now ? He can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Do you see the 9ers winning another Super Bowl anytime soon ? I don't, just being honest, at least not until we get rid of Kap and draft a promising QB together with a new coaching staff. That is only the starting point, do I know whether the new QB and the new coaching staff will make this team better ? No, I don't, it could be worse for all I know. But, this is football and that's the chance you got to take in order to win.

He actually never said anything about retiring. As usual, the title of an article is very misleading.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
He actually never said anything about retiring. As usual, the title of an article is very misleading.

?

8 Locker Room Observations: Dec. 3
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Justin will return in 2015... unfinished business (Super Bowl)!!

Originally posted by LVJay:
Justin will return in 2015... unfinished business (Super Bowl)!!

Maybe if Paul Allen kills his wife and kidnaps his daughter.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Maybe if Paul Allen kills his wife and kidnaps his daughter.

Ya think he hangs it up after this bunk season?
I dont think he will retire just yet. But when he does, it will be a sad day because he will be very hard to replace. I only hope that Dial and Carradine will get better but Im hoping we get someone like a Ohio State DE Joey Bosa in the 2015/2016 draft.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I think Smith will wait and see who coaches in 2015 before he decides. He's an older vet that probably does not want to learn all over again or be part of a D scheme he doesn't like. In that situation he probably retires. Honestly I think he comes back if Fangio is back but hard to say Fangio stays if Harbs leaves.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:
I think Smith will wait and see who coaches in 2015 before he decides. He's an older vet that probably does not want to learn all over again or be part of a D scheme he doesn't like. In that situation he probably retires. Honestly I think he comes back if Fangio is back but hard to say Fangio stays if Harbs leaves.

This situation kinda perplexes me. Some think Fangio will be gone if Harbaugh leaves, but I'd have to assume, that he's not going to stay with a partner that fetters himself to a dunce. I guess we'll find out in four to five more weeks.
Share 49ersWebzone