LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

Harbaugh brings an attitude we haven't seen for years!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
you don't know how good a car is by looking at it in a brochure. give it some time
  • THEB
  • Veteran
But you can make a damn good educated guess that a rolls royce will probably be a LOT better than a toyota.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
It's not even an attitude. I look at it like the social groups we all had in High School:

Mike Nolan - the weird guy who always tried to dress classier to make him feel better about his own self. He doesn't do bad in school, but don't cheat on him during your mid-terms and finals...you know, when it really counts!

Mike Singletary - the dumb jock who was always overconfident about his abilities to ace tests without studying and achieved a 1.0 GPA. Best known for dropping his pants and mooning the crowd at a Pep Fest.

Jim Harbaugh - the competitive friend you would study with and see who would get the higher score on any quiz, test, assignment. One of the more popular ones in high school, but never liked the idea of fitting into a certain group. Eventually graduated and moved on to a better institution than yourself

It's literally night and day with the Harbaugh staff on the board vs. Singletary/Nolan. Much more detail oriented and strategic about their game planning.
Originally posted by GEEK:
It's not even an attitude. I look at it like the social groups we all had in High School:

Mike Nolan - the weird guy who always tried to dress classier to make him feel better about his own self. He doesn't do bad in school, but don't cheat on him during your mid-terms and finals...you know, when it really counts!

Mike Singletary - the dumb jock who was always overconfident about his abilities to ace tests without studying and achieved a 1.0 GPA. Best known for dropping his pants and mooning the crowd at a Pep Fest.

Jim Harbaugh - the competitive friend you would study with and see who would get the higher score on any quiz, test, assignment. One of the more popular ones in high school, but never liked the idea of fitting into a certain group. Eventually graduated and moved on to a better institution than yourself

It's literally night and day with the Harbaugh staff on the board vs. Singletary/Nolan. Much more detail oriented and strategic about their game planning.

hahahaha f'n hilarious!!
CAN ANYONE DO A SUPER HQ ZOOM ON THAT LAMINATED PLAY SHEET???

that would be cool, seeing as how we already know jimmy raye's tecmo bowl plays
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Well from what we've seen from game 1:

NES Tecmo Bowl: Jimmy Raye
NES Tecmo Super Bowl: Jim Harbaugh
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Well from what we've seen from game 1:

NES Tecmo Bowl: Jimmy Raye
NES Tecmo Super Bowl: Jim Harbaugh

oh snap, totally didn't see that one coming...
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
you don't know how good a car is by looking at it in a brochure. give it some time

However you want to look at it.... we are in good hands with Harbaugh. Not saying he is going to be perfect but he is a lot better than what we had in the past! And the coaches he brought with him give us a boost as well! I am excited to see what he has in store for this team. He will put the NINERS back on the map.
Originally posted by smashmouth51:

?

Have you done your research on this guy? and the other coaches he brought in? Its on mof**ka! Harbaugh and his staff are the truth! F*ck a broshure, I know he's good bc of his past results in the programs he has coached in!
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I didn't like how he handled the second half of the Seahawks game.....hopefully that was a wakeup call for him. Go for the kill damnit!

Yes it was Singletarian.

This was my reaction to this post.

The Harbaugh interview is badass when he gets a little jab in at a reporter.

Q: Can you expand on what Brad Seely (special teams coordinator/assistant head coach) has brought and what kind of traits he's instilled in these guys?
Harbaugh: "A real comprehensive knowledge of the game in a very short period of time, which really illuminates just what a good teacher Brad Seely is. I'm sitting in those meeting everyday and learning a lot of football from coach Seely, and I know our players are as well. It's great that we got results so quickly. He does a phenomenal job and I wish you could sit in on those meetings and listen to him coach. It's like a professor at an institute of higher learning, and I know our players, realize that and soak it in and therefore it is showing up on Sunday. It's outstanding the way he gets his point across and teaches the game. Not just special teams, but broader - tackling, leverage and angles. It's really, really good."
Q: Are you inviting us?
Harbaugh: "No, you said you weren't necessarily for us. You're neutral. Those meetings are for guys that are for us, that want to see the 49ers win."
Q: You're not going to let that go are you?
Harbaugh: "No, at some point I%u2019m sure I will."
Read more: Harbaugh Q&A: 49ers prepare for Bryant, 'Boys
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
Originally posted by Joecool:
The Harbaugh interview is badass when he gets a little jab in at a reporter.

Q: Can you expand on what Brad Seely (special teams coordinator/assistant head coach) has brought and what kind of traits he's instilled in these guys?
Harbaugh: "A real comprehensive knowledge of the game in a very short period of time, which really illuminates just what a good teacher Brad Seely is. I'm sitting in those meeting everyday and learning a lot of football from coach Seely, and I know our players are as well. It's great that we got results so quickly. He does a phenomenal job and I wish you could sit in on those meetings and listen to him coach. It's like a professor at an institute of higher learning, and I know our players, realize that and soak it in and therefore it is showing up on Sunday. It's outstanding the way he gets his point across and teaches the game. Not just special teams, but broader - tackling, leverage and angles. It's really, really good."
Q: Are you inviting us?
Harbaugh: "No, you said you weren't necessarily for us. You're neutral. Those meetings are for guys that are for us, that want to see the 49ers win."
Q: You're not going to let that go are you?
Harbaugh: "No, at some point I%u2019m sure I will."
Read more: Harbaugh Q&A: 49ers prepare for Bryant, 'Boys
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

That is f**king great, I love it.
Who asked him about being invited?
lol

Take away two mad-crazy kick returns late in the game, and the title of this thread is "Harbaugh is the same thing we've seen the last decade!"
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Sep 16, 2011 at 8:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone