LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Who is going to win? Plain and simple

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is going to win? Plain and simple

You guys are going to be so pissed after Sunday. Keep the expectations low fellas. We have no other reason to believe otherwise.

Unless he does it 3 straight games, Alex Smith is still Alex Smith. He has done NOTHING to make us think the passing game can carry this team.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
For some stupid reason, I have this gut feeling that says we're going to win this Sunday.

I don't know where this feeling or confidence is coming from. I just feel it.

At any rate, I hadn't seen a thread like this yet, so I thought I'd be the first. My vote is we win.

And that means I'm one step closer to changing my screen name to something mildly embarassing for the next three months

But, it's worth it if we beat the Cowgirls.
That gut feeling is called faith, I feel the same way myself. I had this game as a loss, but I cannot shake the feeling. I knew you had it in you Bill.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Joecool:
You guys are going to be so pissed after Sunday. Keep the expectations low fellas. We have no other reason to believe otherwise.

Unless he does it 3 straight games, Alex Smith is still Alex Smith. He has done NOTHING to make us think the passing game can carry this team.

This

Its hard to win games in the NFL if your QB cant throw TD passes, especially against teams with good offenses.
49ers...plain and simple
I think the 2 teams are closer to being equal than the most people think so I will give the win to the home team.

49ers 34 cowboys 30
Originally posted by saj4423:
I think the 2 teams are closer to being equal than the most people think so I will give the win to the home team.

49ers 34 cowboys 30

The talent on their offense is far greater than what we have. QB alone gives them an advantage and then throw in the WR's and a very dangerous TE in terms of moving the chains.
I was shocked to see the poll overwhelmingly in favor of a win. I love the optimism and I want us to win, but what I want does not equate to what ends up happening. If I'm wrong, I'll love to be wrong, but I don't believe Alex is going to sustain drives and throw TDs, especially against a better team than Seattle. We may be able to hold off the cowgirls offense for some time and keep it close, but every team, poor or elite, always gains momentum at some point during the game and gets hot. Teh cowgirls are going to get hot and we won't be able to catch up. As we've seen in the past, our defense cannot do it alone for the entire game. It hurts to see Cam Newton as one of the top NFL QBs with the most passing yards. We need passing yards to have any hope.
We win close or we lose big.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

Thanks for going out on a limb there.
Originally posted by susweel:

Jeesus...here.

Win: 20-17.

Lose 34-10.

P.S. I am predicting a close win which won't shock the NFL world.

If we blow them out, that would be a shocker. That won't happen.
[ Edited by Bluefalcon61 on Sep 16, 2011 at 1:16 PM ]

The Cowboys secondary is so banged up right now. I'm looking forward to seeing how much different Harbaugh is from Singletary. Singletary would just run no matter what even though passing would have been so much easier. I hope Harbaugh attacks the Cowboys weakness, which is the pass.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Yeah this is true most likely. I would like to see the offense opened up more before I judge, but if there is one thing that Alex has consistently not shown it is consistency.
Originally posted by susweel:

Jeesus...here.

Win: 20-17.

Lose 34-10.

now you're just throwin numbers around. Good analysis there
Niners!!!! Shocker! They will be asking what happened to the Cowboys 0-2 losing to the lowly Niners.
Originally posted by dwy621:
The Cowboys secondary is so banged up right now. I'm looking forward to seeing how much different Harbaugh is from Singletary. Singletary would just run no matter what even though passing would have been so much easier. I hope Harbaugh attacks the Cowboys weakness, which is the pass.

Yep... this is our only chance.
Share 49ersWebzone