LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

QBR watch (week 2) **updated**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I can't believe after 7 years of mediocrity some of you are defending this guy.....
Originally posted by LundyLove:
I can't believe after 7 years of mediocrity some of you are defending this guy.....

These people don't go to the stadium for 7 years and pay for trash. They can just sit at home and wait and wait and wait and wait. Meanwhile you have fans booing Eli Manning for throwing in completions. These guys on 49ers message boards accept this horrible QB and when he does something any run of the mill NFL starter should do they act like it's the greatest thing they've ever seen.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
I have a question for everyone. Everyone seems to agree that our playcalling has been conservative and Alex has been held back (whether you think its because Alex is horrible or because of our limited offseason is irrelevant). Some people have been impressed by Alex so far. They credit Harbaugh for using him correctly for the first time in his career.

My question is.....In your opinion, is there a starting QB in the NFL right now that couldnt do exactly what Alex is doing thus far?

The point of comparison is old Alex versus the Alex of Harbaugh's tenure. Whether we liked it or not ( I did not), Alex is Harbaugh's QB for this year. Other starting QBs may be able to do what Alex is doing right now under the same conditions, but what's your point? That Harbaugh should have gone after another quarterback? That is irrelevant now.

The point is that Alex, in a limited 2 game body of work, is showing an efficiency at the start of a season (under a new system) that we haven't really seen before. Considering where he's been, that's saying a lot.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
The point of comparison is old Alex versus the Alex of Harbaugh's tenure. Whether we liked it or not ( I did not), Alex is Harbaugh's QB for this year. Other starting QBs may be able to do what Alex is doing right now under the same conditions, but what's your point? That Harbaugh should have gone after another quarterback? That is irrelevant now.

The point is that Alex, in a limited 2 game body of work, is showing an efficiency at the start of a season (under a new system) that we haven't really seen before. Considering where he's been, that's saying a lot.

I"m not buying that any experienced QB could not come in here and do what Smith is doing better. You can still bring in another QB two rookies as back ups is a horrible idea
Originally posted by Uppercut:

I"m not buying that any experienced QB could not come in here and do what Smith is doing better. You can still bring in another QB two rookies as back ups is a horrible idea

Like who?
Originally posted by valrod33:

Like who?

Like who?

Jeff Garcia, Gerrard .

Is that what I said? No. Harbaugh DIDN'T bring in another quarterback. Can he still? Maybe. But until then, it's history. Move on.
Like who?

Jeff Garcia, Gerrard .

lol at Garcia. Garrard is waiting for the right situation to come up.
Originally posted by gamechanger:
We were never losing in any of the games so almost winning is more accurate as far as the Dallas game goes. Seattle we were never losing, it's hard for me to see us almost lose when we had the lead the whole game.

LOL so if you're winning 21 to nothing and a team comes back and scores 20 points but misses the extra point, you end up winning. That's not ALMOST losing the lead? Sure. LOL

Post the picture man, make sure it has todays date on it too.

lol at Garcia. Garrard is waiting for the right situation to come up.

What's wrong with Garcia?
Originally posted by gamechanger:
Post the picture man, make sure it has todays date on it too.

I'm at work it's 3:30 In California.

I am defending Alex Smith only because he has come through on what's been asked of him AND he's made some plays on his own. I am calling out Harbaugh for his game plan. He may be a smart coach but he is also making some questionable decisions.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by communist:
What's that??? By Rating, Alex is 14th with 90.4; by PCT Alex is 2nd best, with 75%.

its the new system in which they rate qb

it counts clutchness first down runs etc. by the qb

on a scale of 0 to 100 where iits almost impossible to get 100

50 is considered average

last year the highest qbr of the total seaso was tom brady with a 76

By "they", he means ESPN.

WTF are you even talking about? What is there to "defend?" He's playing well and doing what's asked of him. I don't see anyone "defending" him. Stop creating scenarios in your head.
Share 49ersWebzone