There are 149 users in the forums

Who will lead the 49ers in Sacks in 2011?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will lead the 49ers in Sacks in 2011?

Originally posted by Shaj:
Besides the tipped pass, I don't recall seeing a lot of Aldon in last Sunday's game. I was hoping he'd be all over the place. McDonald and J. Smith rocked though.

Yes, and my vote was for J Smith to have the most sacks...I lead...er...J Smith is in the lead with two!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Yes, and my vote was for J Smith to have the most sacks...I lead...er...J Smith is in the lead with two!

Tied for the lead, which is awesome.
I'm glad Haralson was added to this vote. I have been telling NT for a while now that this style of defense and his role (splitting time) fits him perfectly. Remember when he had 8 sacks? That was when he was coming off the bench and asked to do one thing...rush the passer. And he ended up with two sacks and two FF's. Fantastic. What is also interesting to note is that Fangio did not bring an outside rush from the OLB's very much and had them in zone coverage and put the onus on the d-line to penetrate. Many of the sacks, pressures and hurries and FF's were d/t to excellent coverage and a penetrating, base d-line. That is scheme. By doing that, they kept the QB in the pocket, gave up no room to run anywhere, stopped screen passes and generally confused the QB. Now, against a good passing team such as the Cowboys, we may see the OLBers rush much more along with a penetrating d-line...more middle LB and CB blitzes. We can't give Romo time to sit back there and pick us apart. I bring all this up b/c scheme could end up being a key factor in sack totals for players. In the end, I still think Brooks will end up on top followed by Haralson and Cowboy followed by a CB/S and/or middle LB. So pay attention to how Fangio is using these guys after a few games and you should get a good idea of what the end results will be like. But I do agree that sacks, QB pressures/hurries/hits and TO's will be pretty well evenly dispersed across the entire defense and will be more dictated on who we are playing and our scheme.
Besides the tipped pass, I don't recall seeing a lot of Aldon in last Sunday's game. I was hoping he'd be all over the place. McDonald and J. Smith rocked though.

Russell Okung did a nice job on him.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

Russell Okung did a nice job on him.
yup russel okung (when healthy) is probally one of the top OT in the nfl

justin smith and ray mac both had rookies on them they didnt really have a chance against them
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Ahmad Brooks- 10
Justin Smith- 8
Aldon Smith- 7
Patrick Willis- 6

Ray Mac will , he is a beast !
Share 49ersWebzone