LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Who will lead the 49ers in Sacks in 2011?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will lead the 49ers in Sacks in 2011?

Originally posted by AKfanster:
Brooks 9
J Smith 7
A Smith 5
Haralson 4

Throw in a couple other guys with 2-3 or whatever........

This looks about right! Would be happy if Smith gets more, but I am not sure how much PT he will see with Haralson there as well
aldon - 8-10
cowboy - 8
brooks - 10-12
willis - 8
bowman 5
macdonald - 6
haralson -4
whitner - 3
Originally posted by Allx9er:
aldon - 8-10
cowboy - 8
brooks - 10-12
willis - 8
bowman 5
macdonald - 6
haralson -4
whitner - 3

52? That would make us 4 over last year's leader in the NFL, Pittsburgh!
Originally posted by SJniner7:

That would be nice if it happened that way. That would indicate that our defense was pretty good.
Fans - 40,000 sacks on their heads

[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 6, 2011 at 11:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Allx9er:
aldon - 8-10
cowboy - 8
brooks - 10-12
willis - 8
bowman 5
macdonald - 6
haralson -4
whitner - 3

looks like a hefty number i'm really hoping that brooks can stay healthy and focused (not to mention i think this a contract year so that should be extra motivation)
as far a aldon, i think he could stumble into 6 sacks and i think he's more talented then that so 8-10 sounds good
[ Edited by Allx9er on Sep 6, 2011 at 1:11 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
brooks-10
aldon smith 8
justin smith -8
patrick willis- 6
navarro bowman-6
ray mac- 4
oap-2
dobbs- 2
Switch bowmans and Rays numbers for me. and put 6 for Parys
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
brooks-10
aldon smith 8
justin smith -8
patrick willis- 6
navarro bowman-6
ray mac- 4
oap-2
dobbs- 2
Switch bowmans and Rays numbers for me. and put 6 for Parys
Bowman is a better pass rusher than Willis.
This is just a case of Ahmad Brooks peaking this year, that's why he will have the most sacks.
Well, if they're actually planning on blitzing Patrick Willis, then it'll probably be Willis followed by Justin Smith. Seeing as how Justin Smith shouldn't be getting sacks (theoretically, anyway), he is a bigger beast than people think - even if you already think he's a beast.

Aldon Smith --------10
Justin Smith --------8
Ahmad Brooks ----6
NaVorro Bowman 6
Ray McDonald ----4
Patrick Willis -------3
Parys Haralson ---3
Isaac Sopoaga ---1

We had 36 last year. We can easily crank that up to the mid 40's. Our pass rush is improved at every front seven position except for Willis and J Smith.
No more role players, our pass rushers are going to be on the field this year.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Well, if they're actually planning on blitzing Patrick Willis, then it'll probably be Willis followed by Justin Smith. Seeing as how Justin Smith shouldn't be getting sacks (theoretically, anyway), he is a bigger beast than people think - even if you already think he's a beast.

Justin Smith will pick up a lot of clean up sacks this year. He is always around the action.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Aldon Smith --------10
Justin Smith --------8
Ahmad Brooks ----6
NaVorro Bowman 6
Ray McDonald ----4
Patrick Willis -------3
Parys Haralson ---3
Isaac Sopoaga ---1

We had 36 last year. We can easily crank that up to the mid 40's. Our pass rush is improved at every front seven position except for Willis and J Smith.

I would switch Aldon and Brooks, and also switch PW and Bowman, and those are very realistic numbers. I have the feeling we will have a boom or bust deffense. We will make great plays, then get burned big. Let's hope the good plays outnumber the bad!
[ Edited by SJniner7 on Sep 6, 2011 at 5:56 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Aldon Smith --------10
Justin Smith --------8
Ahmad Brooks ----6
NaVorro Bowman 6
Ray McDonald ----4
Patrick Willis -------3
Parys Haralson ---3
Isaac Sopoaga ---1

I would switch Aldon and Brooks, and also switch PW and Bowman, and those are very realistic numbers

I am not down on Brooks or Willis. And its not necessarily an issue of "better" or "worse".

Brooks is more of a "get to the edge" pass rusher. I think he is going to funnel the quarterback down into both the Smiths. Aldon and Justin like the bull rush, and they are going to be able to clean up a lot of other players disruption. That's just how I see it.
Willis is good, but NaVorro Bowman can shed a running back better than any MLB I have ever seen on this team. He has extremely quick legs and good balance. Also, I think they'll send Bowman more than Willis, Willis is MUCH better in coverage at this stage, and Bowman is no worse than Willis at pass rush.

The same principal is true on offense. For example, if the RT is beat, the quarterback will tend to run away, straight into the LT's block, and the LT gets the undeserved sack.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Probably our RT. He will give up the most.

oh wait

Share 49ersWebzone