There are 177 users in the forums

Is RB Anthony Dixon on the hot seat?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is RB Anthony Dixon on the hot seat?

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
JH is not as patient or understanding as Dingleberry, just ask Chilo! Pick it up Dixon, if you don't perform we need you roster spot for someone who will!

Thats one thing that i really like about Harbaugh he don't give a damn if u are not playing up to the expectation that's needed he will bring in the next guy without hesitation he really makes sure the best 11 are on the field
Originally posted by jones49:
Hot seat list

Chilo Rachal - Seat is red hot. Starting to think he might just be retarded.
Anthony Davis- Job not in question yet but needs to be much better in pass protection. Way better than Kwame but not nearly good enough.
Tarell Brown- Coverage skills are more than questionable
Anthony Dixon - A supposed brusing back, he hasn't given out any bruises. Nor will he get too many chance with 2 backs better than him on the roster.
Alex Smith - Not really, just wanna see who jumps down my throat.

Honorable mentions
Joe Staley - Not on hot seat but f**king up way too much for a guy who should be our best O-lineman
Crabs - Time to produce son

TBrown had a game saving tackle on DJax vs Philly where he tripped him up and there was nobody in front of jackson. Saved a touchdown and they wound up missing a FG I believe.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Hot seat list

Anthony Davis- Job not in question yet but needs to be much better in pass protection. Way better than Kwame but not nearly good enough.
Anthony Dixon - A supposed brusing back, he hasn't given out any bruises. Nor will he get too many chance with 2 backs better than him on the roster.

Honorable mentions
Joe Staley - Not on hot seat but f**king up way too much for a guy who should be our best O-lineman

TBrown had a game saving tackle on DJax vs Philly where he tripped him up and there was nobody in front of jackson. Saved a touchdown and they wound up missing a FG I believe.

did he save a touchdown or give up a big play?
Hot seat list

Honorable mentions

I agree with all these except Smith obvious which was a joke and Crabtree. Doubt Crabtree is in danger of being dropped to #3. Even in 4 weeks if Edwards comes back.

Although, to be fair with Dixon I doubt he gets dropped for a practice squad running back. There are guys like Westbrook out there that we didn't want any part of. Dixon is a great locker room guy and great guy in general. He loves his team and his team mates, cheers them on and plays on special teams. We might look for an upgrade next draft but doubt he goes anywhere this year.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 6, 2011 at 2:30 AM ]
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
according to Maiocco Dixon might be cut today or this week

No he didn't... he never said that.

I call BS.

he speculated on Twitter and on his article because we tried out 3 rbs.
I can't paste the link from mobile.

check it.

I checked it, along with others. You are wrong. You are speculating. The word "cut" and "Dixon" are never said in the same sentence. The word "cut" is not even mentioned period.

What a joke.
irregardless of what he (exactly) said we have worked out 3 rb's this week
Originally posted by daWest:
i tell you what. dixon needs to get in his playbook and stop spitting flows on twitter.

Why does he need to get in his playbook? He's a running back, not a QB, I'm sure he knows the plays he has to run.
I voted "No" because he needs a seaon with the right coaching. We will know for sure by the end of the season and be much more attractive to quality FA. I liked what I saw in Omon but I really didn't see enough to have any real confidence in him. Not that I have lots of confidence in Dixon - he hasn't done anything to deserve it but you can see he has talent.
I'll say it again, they are just looking for a body to replace Colin Jones spot on the practice squad since Jones was signed to the 53 man squad. Since Tukuafu went down for the year and with Sop possibly out Colin may or may not suit up.
Originally posted by WildBill:
I'll say it again, they are just looking for a body to replace Colin Jones spot on the practice squad since Jones was signed to the 53 man squad. Since Tukuafu went down for the year and with Sop possibly out Colin may or may not suit up.

I agree they are just checking out the lay of the land out there.
i didnt see this article yesterday when Maiocco posted it. After seeing this come out, it is obvious the coaches are unhappy with Dixon. They arent just looking to fill a spot on the practice squad. The coaching staff is looking to improve the team and if Dixon doesnt step his game up, and change his attitude then he will be looking for work elsewhere.

Yes he is on the hot seat.

in the article Maiocco wrote, it seemed to me that Dixon did not answer any of the questions the right way. He seemed to think he was already doing everything right and that he was owed a spot on the team, when it's obvious the coaches do not agree. (Rathman, Roman, Harbaugh)

I think he is a headcase in the making, especially if he doesn't change his attitude.
No, most teams keep three RB's... Next year different story
Dixon is a good RB. He just got owned by a rookie RB in Hunter, who is better but also offer different type of talent. Dixon needs to STFU, have an attitude adjustment. It's good that he isn't happy to lose playing time. It shows he's a competitor. He should realized Gore gets banged up these days, Dixon will get on the field if Frank is injured. But that attitude will get him traded to another team or cut all together.
  • titan
  • Veteran
He was never in position to be on a hot seat! but he kept the bench warm.
Anthony Dixon always has me SMH...
Why show up to camp heavier when you're an oversized back who relies on quickness???
He looks slow, stiff and unathletic and the missed fumble recovery was the icing on the cake for me. We can get much better production out of our 3rd rb spot and I'm sure we will in the offseason at the latest.

Anyone see something I'm missing?
Share 49ersWebzone