LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

ESPN Ranking NFL starting quarterbacks (Alex Smith #28)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Can't you lil jackals just wait till the games mean something before spewing yet MORE nonsense? Alex Smith is taking over you people's lives... how pathetic.

Why is this even still un-locked? Do the mods not know or care that threads like this perpetuate the hate between forum members? Or does excess post padding about the same hate bounce back benefits to the site?

Who you calling a jackal ya Aints fan If anything im a hound dog
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
It's just a matter of time b4 this gets locked! Maybe it was wishful thinking to have a rationale discussion on Alex's 28th ranking from Espn.

Looks that way. People are way too invested in the topic.

I'm asking again that people stay on topic and do not engage in personal attacks. If you cannot do that, we'll have to lock it up. Again.
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Aug 31, 2011 at 5:13 PM ]
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
What do countless NFL experts, pundits, announcers, NFL fans, ex-49ers, ex-coaches, and some 49ers think? Looks like they think he is ranked 28.

I don't even think I can take listening to another person try to pass of Alex Smith as an average or mediocre QB. He is the worst entrenched starter in the league period
I never said anything of the sort... I'm just seeing how ya'll like to jump to conclusions. All I asked was "So what does Harbaugh think?" And look at the response I got. Exactly what I wanted.

We can infer that you mean "Harbaugh knows best."

Harbaugh singed Smith to a one year, tried to get Hasselbeck, traded up for Kaep, tried to get Cullpepper, and signed Mcnown.

Doesn't exactly scream confidence.

I really don't care t.b.h. I was only here to stir up the pot. Funny how heated people can get for asking a simple question. That's all I wanted to do.

And yeah, you're right. But bringing back Alex in the first place was his call, nobody elses. If Alex was the 28th worse QB in the league why would he do that? In all honesty why?
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
What do countless NFL experts, pundits, announcers, NFL fans, ex-49ers, ex-coaches, and some 49ers think? Looks like they think he is ranked 28.

I don't even think I can take listening to another person try to pass of Alex Smith as an average or mediocre QB. He is the worst entrenched starter in the league period
I never said anything of the sort... I'm just seeing how ya'll like to jump to conclusions. All I asked was "So what does Harbaugh think?" And look at the response I got. Exactly what I wanted.

We can infer that you mean "Harbaugh knows best."

Harbaugh singed Smith to a one year, tried to get Hasselbeck, traded up for Kaep, tried to get Cullpepper, and signed Mcnown.

Doesn't exactly scream confidence.

I really don't care t.b.h. I was only here to stir up the pot. Funny how heated people can get for asking a simple question. That's all I wanted to do.

And yeah, you're right. But bringing back Alex in the first place was his call, nobody elses. If Alex was the 28th worse QB in the league why would he do that? In all honesty why?

Its cool. I don't get heated unless someone calls me a weasel instead of speaking rationally.

Why? I would say because continuity is important. As a good stop gap QB. We don't really know but we can speculate based on his actions. Again, unless he tears it up this year, which is unlikely due to our Oline, he should be gone.

I wish I knew the answer to this question. Bringing Alex back almost made me lose confidence in Harbaugh. I went from this to this .
[ Edited by Vasco49er on Aug 31, 2011 at 5:17 PM ]
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Yeah maybe I'll do some research and then start a NFL ranking for Long Snappers thread!

Yeah maybe I'll do some research and then start a NFL ranking for Long Snappers thread!

Brian Jennings likes this.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Brian Jennings likes this.

Best LS in the league.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

I'm asking again that people stay on topic and do not engage in personal attacks. If you cannot do that, we'll have to lock it up. Again.

Unfortunately I believe people are more passionate about their views on #11 than religion and politics. I have seen more nasty exchanges between the pro #11 and the anti #11 crowd than liberals vs conservatism and atheists vs Christians threads bring. Please note I said #11, not wanting to inflame things.
Let's go alex, shut up the haters.

I'm soooo glad Alex is back this year!!!

GO ALEX GO
Originally posted by 4T9errr:
I'm soooo glad Alex is back this year!!!

GO ALEX GO

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Can't you lil jackals just wait till the games mean something before spewing yet MORE nonsense? Alex Smith is taking over you people's lives... how pathetic.

Why is this even still un-locked? Do the mods not know or care that threads like this perpetuate the hate between forum members? Or does excess post padding about the same hate bounce back benefits to the site?

I never knew you had so much hatred towards John Clayton. If Clayton predicted us to win the division nobody would be b*tching, but because he ranks Alex low on a list you act is if this is a topic no one can talk about.

Anyways I don't agree with his ranking. Alex's qb rating has been in the 19 range the last few years. I'd probally put him around 22 and ahead of guys like Hassleback, Henne, and even McNabb. You get no points for being productive 4 years ago.
f**k the rankings, he's at least a top 27 qb! Making me rage!!
What does ESPN know about football. Alex is a good qb being held back by his surrounding cast.......oh, and coaching
Share 49ersWebzone