There are 296 users in the forums

ESPN Ranking NFL starting quarterbacks (Alex Smith #28)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Kind of like when he plays well the haterexcuses roll in? Oh his 4 TD's was because the WR's and the OLine...Oh we won the game because of the defense...

when the f**k did smith throw 4td's?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Kind of like when he plays well the haterexcuses roll in? Oh his 4 TD's was because the WR's and the OLine...Oh we won the game because of the defense...

didn't he throw 4TD's in the game against the Texans when he came in for Hill when he was benched? hmmmm let me google to verify my no factual facts.
That's just about right.
ok ok it was 3, for some reason I thought it was 4. My bad
ok ok it was 3, for some reason I thought it was 4. My bad

but 3 in one half is impressive. wish he coulda done that more than once
but 3 in one half is impressive. wish he coulda done that more than once

he could if the OLine would give him time and he didn't have incompetent HC's holding him back(Nowin and Dingleberry)
Originally posted by HessianDud:
damn, that's extremely generous--especially from you!

I am certainly not a Smith Hater, but even I couldn't justify putting him above, maybe 23, being extremely generous. In that scenario you'd have to drop Henne, Hasselbeck, Garrard, Campbell, and Fitzpatrick. And I guess you could make an argument for dropping those guys, and maybe even McCoy, just because of the small sample size.

Again, not a Campbell fan, but how exactly does one justify dropping him below Alex?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
So what does Harbaugh think?

I think he thought Hass would have been a reasonable person with whom Alex could have had a real competition.
or he looked at his record for staying healthy the past few seasons and decided to not even bother.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I really don't care t.b.h. I was only here to stir up the pot. Funny how heated people can get for asking a simple question. That's all I wanted to do.

And yeah, you're right. But bringing back Alex in the first place was his call, nobody elses. If Alex was the 28th worse QB in the league why would he do that? In all honesty why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGyEqKOwtKs

Originally posted by classyfan49:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
damn, that's extremely generous--especially from you!

I am certainly not a Smith Hater, but even I couldn't justify putting him above, maybe 23, being extremely generous. In that scenario you'd have to drop Henne, Hasselbeck, Garrard, Campbell, and Fitzpatrick. And I guess you could make an argument for dropping those guys, and maybe even McCoy, just because of the small sample size.

Again, not a Campbell fan, but how exactly does one justify dropping him below Alex?

Alex had a better passer rating last year and neither of them have made the playoffs.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Alex had a better passer rating last year and neither of them have made the playoffs.

I realize it's splitting hairs over two mediocre Bay Area QBs who came out in '05, but Campbell actually had a better QB rating (84) last season than Alex (82).
Oh boy, the regular season can't start soon enough.
Sounda about right.

didn't he throw 4TD's in the game against the Texans when he came in for Hill when he was benched? hmmmm let me google to verify my no factual facts.

Or that time when he threw for 300+ yards and 2 TDs against Seattle, despite two players dropping two perfect passes in the end zone, which ultimately cost us the game? Then it went from, "He hasn't even thrown for 300 yards before!" to "Stats don't mean anything! It's the W's! And since he didn't get the W he SUCKED that game and made us lose! He should have WILLED us to victory!" Alex is not a good QB, but when he has credit taken away from him even when he does do something good it's just ridiculous.

I'm not expecting the kid to have a great year, but even if he does manage to put up above average stats, the praise will all be passed off to others - Harbaugh, Gore, Vernon, Braylon, Crabtree, the defense, etc.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 1, 2011 at 12:45 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone