when will/should the starters be named?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Howlett:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Did he just think he "punked" you?

apparently calling people retards and offering no insight to the subject at hand is quite the punking now a days.

I must be a beast! Lol

lol

man your on fire.
i can guarentee harbaugh already has his starting lineup he probally is just figuring out his backups he just doesnt wanna show hi hand to pete carrol
Some peole on here think you have to be named a starter by the media in order to really be one. And if your not named a starter you cant practice or play as one. LOL
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i can guarentee harbaugh already has his starting lineup he probally is just figuring out his backups he just doesnt wanna show hi hand to pete carrol

show what to pete carrol exactly? i dont get this logic at all. maybe he should be more worried about having his team clicking on all cylinders then worried about playing pointless mind games with carrol.
Originally posted by susweel:
Did he just think he "punked" you?

apparently calling people retards and offering no insight to the subject at hand is quite the punking now a days.

I must be a beast! Lol

lol

man your on fire.

Yeah, let's take the "punking" to the parking lot and talk football here.
show what to pete carrol exactly? i dont get this logic at all. maybe he should be more worried about having his team clicking on all cylinders then worried about playing pointless mind games with carrol.

I don't think JH is too worried about showing anything to Pete Carrol. Rather I think he just knows we are going to start slow this season anyway and he wants to find out who his best players on this roster are.
Some peole on here think you have to be named a starter by the media in order to really be one. And if your not named a starter you cant practice or play as one. LOL

i never said that, i said our starters havent played together enough to have any type of continuity. you need to learn to comprehend what is being said....

and starters dont get named by the media btw. they get named by the HC. maybe thats why you dont get it? the season is 12 days away and our starters havent even played any significant time together. anybody who knows football knows this is the ultimate team sport and only repitition in real games gets your continuity level where it needs to be.
Originally posted by blm7754:
I don't think JH is too worried about showing anything to Pete Carrol. Rather I think he just knows we are going to start slow this season anyway and he wants to find out who his best players on this roster are.

ok let me get this straight, you know your team is going to start slow. so you are just going to make sure it starts even slower by not getting them ready?

i sure in the hell hope thats not what he is thinking!
Let JH do his thing... we've seen some unconventional preseason moves by Harbaugh so far. But I have absoluetly no problem with that. Our coaching staffs have gone through the traditional steps every preseason for as long as I can remember and it hasn't got us anywhere. So let our great coach do his thing and hope that he can turn this ship around.

They are so unconventional that Singletary and Nolan did nearly the same thing.
You all need to stop losing hope and questioning your faith in the red & gold during the pre-season! geez

ok let me get this straight, you know your team is going to start slow. so you are just going to make sure it starts even slower by not getting them ready?

i sure in the hell hope thats not what he is thinking!

You think he's not getting them ready because he doesn't appear to be doing what you think he should do? Neither you nor I are qualified to be an NFL head coach. I'm sure he is doing what he thinks will result in fielding the best team possible on opening week. I'm not a coach, and we have yet to see anything produced by Harbaugh in the regular season yet. So I'm fine with whatever Harbaugh does to get this team ready. If that means not naming starters, fine.
They are so unconventional that Singletary and Nolan did nearly the same thing.

I remember past teams always treating the 3rd preseason game as a "dress rehersal" and having almost all starters set by now (except for the perpetual QB competitions). So yeah, I think Harbaugh is a little more unconventional than Singletary and Nolan.

i never said that, i said our starters havent played together enough to have any type of continuity. you need to learn to comprehend what is being said....

and starters dont get named by the media btw. they get named by the HC. maybe thats why you dont get it? the season is 12 days away and our starters havent even played any significant time together. anybody who knows football knows this is the ultimate team sport and only repitition in real games gets your continuity level where it needs to be.

I can comprehend just fine, Octopus. Your title asks why the starters haven't been named. My argument is why name them? They can still practice and play together without being named. We can both agree that they need time to build continuity. Naming them as a starter has nothing to do with that. The LOCKOUT is the cause of no time to build continuity. Of course I was being sarcastic when I said, "some people on here think starters have to be named by the media". It looks like you were "some people" because you responded. I know the coach names the starter. And he probably shouldn't name them until he has to. Just like I said with my first post. Why name someone a starter when you can practice and play them with 1st string without divulging extra info to your opponents?
Just got the new Madden12. Octopus sweet thread. Punk you later.

yeah, see yah.

Originally posted by verb1der:
You all need to stop losing hope and questioning your faith in the red & gold during the pre-season! geez

harbaugh is just a coach and is open to as much scrutiny as anyone on this team.....

for over 20 years i have watched great HC`s play their starters most of the game in the 3rd preseason game. when a rookie hc changes up what has proven to be the most important preseason game it draws a red flag imo. thats the game where you are supposed to see where you stand as a ball club. i have a hard time believing that harbaugh knows better then the hundreds of coaches who coached before him and imho he screwed the pooch on this one. we would have been much better served to go out and compete with houston and see where we are at. thats how you evaluate your players. not by practicing your players against your own talent depleted team who hasnt made the playoffs in almost 10 years. thats a sense of false hope if i have ever heard of it!

someone tell me im wrong, cause im really starting to question this whole mess and its starting to turn into a circus!
[ Edited by OptimusPrime52 on Aug 30, 2011 at 3:49 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone