LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 131 users in the forums

when will/should the starters be named?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
do i really need to link up all the articles floating around that say the same thing? how the oline admittedly got owned? how the qbs are laying on the turf more then upright. how gore is upset, how crabs still hasnt practiced, how numerous positions still dont have starters.... yeah what am i saying, they must be the most confident bunch in the nfl. what do they have to worry about?

Things that don't kill us only make you stronger. Would you rather the team go in with rosey eyes and false sense of security cause they did so well in a preseason game? At least they know they got exposed and what they have to work on and who is the weak link and why.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
do i really need to link up all the articles floating around that say the same thing? how the oline admittedly got owned? how the qbs are laying on the turf more then upright. how gore is upset, how crabs still hasnt practiced, how numerous positions still dont have starters.... yeah what am i saying, they must be the most confident bunch in the nfl. what do they have to worry about?

Things that don't kill us only make you stronger. Would you rather the team go in with rosey eyes and false sense of security cause they did so well in a preseason game? At least they know they got exposed and what they have to work on and who is the weak link and why.
That's the only positive we can take out of this method.
Does it really matter who is named the starter guys? Look at JH track record players will be coming in and out on offense at the WR, TE and yes even the RB position, just to show different looks and make the other side guess run or pass? as well as how they are going to run.

We will be playing the final exhib. early-which is good, they then can work on the game plan for Carrol. Walsh used to script 15 plays for several purposes.
1) so everyone knew what play was coming and no confusion (Not to say JH won't adlib at times).
2) to probe how the other team reacts to certain plays
3) so that the offense comes across as unpredictable

Hope this is one of the things JH has taken from Walsh
It is beginning to iron out. Goodwin has been named the starter, Haralson is going to start over A. Smith, Rachal looks to be holding off Snyder. The main two areas now are on the edge. Four WR's competing to be the two starters, and who knows what is happening at corner (either Spencer or Brown).

Potential for a LOT of midseason changes.
it doesnt matter, people on this forum will swallow whatever harbaugh throws down our throats because he is the College GURU, and oh, I forgot, so was a guy named Steve Spurrier, and oh yeah, HE FLOPPED IN THE NFL. wouldnt be surprised if the same happens to harbaugh. But I agree, not naming starters and giving them the vast majority of work will hinder this teams chemistry moving foward, especially on the offense.
[ Edited by 49erjonny on Sep 1, 2011 at 1:00 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by backontop:
Doesn't matter when they are announced but Harbaugh should already know who his starters are so the 1st team can start working on chemistry.

It doesn't look like Harbaugh cares about Game Day chemistry. Hope that practice chemistry translates.

If they are practicing at a game type tempo then that should help...I hope
Yes. They will probably ready for preseason tempo in Game 1 while our opponents have already done that and are ready for Game 1 tempo.

thats what im screaming.......
Share 49ersWebzone